Home Improvement

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Saw this on Instagram and it reminded of the conversation you guys were having a few months back about tumbleweeds.
same tumbleweeds. The wind storm we had over the weekend collected those against my backyard fence but nowhere near that many

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Did it myself. About died of a heat stroke, but it’s done.
huh no 'touchdown' in Home Improvement? Good job then. Attics + heat suck. An apartment complex I was doing wanted our guys to crawl in the attic in August in Las Vegas, and we could not start until 8am. In the summer it's light here at 4:30am and by 8 it's bumping 112F. Not just regular old no but HELL NO.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok, guess i didn't check the weather and have a week of rain, my lawn is relatively flat so i'm not worried the seed going down the hill and the lawn never puddles (it'll just keep on drinking rain), so is there really an issue if i decide to throw down seed when it's raining? i guess i can also cover it up w/ compost

Palum

what Suineg set it to
ok, guess i didn't check the weather and have a week of rain, my lawn is relatively flat so i'm not worried the seed going down the hill and the lawn never puddles (it'll just keep on drinking rain), so is there really an issue if i decide to throw down seed when it's raining? i guess i can also cover it up w/ compost

Seed does best when it has some cover for warmth. If it's overseeding and there's bare soil exposed between grass its probably fine.

Also spring is not the best time to seed typically with cool season grasses because of soil temp. If you're seeding areas that aren't irrigated, usually look for the best compromise between rainfall and soil temperature.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Cover it anyway, because the birds will eat all that shit right off the ground.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I ordered some black beauty shade seed as well. I'll try to get some before/after shots. I moved a pile of post-construction dirt from A to B and have a bare area near a fence line. Plus I got rid of some pavers in the back that served no purpose that I can think of that I need to cover as well.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did it myself. About died of a heat stroke, but it’s done.
Episode 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Fuck, couple summers ago, my AC went out on the hottest day of the year (when else would it go out?) Fan blade looked like the incredible hulk just tore it in half. I called an AC guy, he said "yeah, we can get the part, but I can't get back out here for a week, you can pick it up from our office tomorrow though."

Getting that fucking fan blade off in 100° heat after working a 12 hour day was the worst thing I've ever done in my life. Seems simple, it's just a blade on a shaft, little grease, nbd right? Yeah....to get it ON.

You can't get on the other side of the blade to pound it off with any leverage at all, fucker is rusted on there, and you basically have to do it with brute force and your own bare hands. My arms were all cut up from the blade and I was about ready to pass out. Then a little grease and a rubber mallet to get the new one on, ez pz.

But I remember laying down in bed with the AC cranked to max and thinking there was a good chance I wasnt gonna wake up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You can't get on the other side of the blade to pound it off with any leverage at all, fucker is rusted on there, and you basically have to do it with brute force and your own bare hands. My arms were all cut up from the blade and I was about ready to pass out.
thats why i bought an air hammer, i haven't used it yet, but i know i have it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
dethatched my whole lawn, still have all the thatch just laying on top. (its corded so i don't like to use the "small" capacity thatch collector anyway) just gonna use the leaf collector on my lawn mower instead, might just do it tonight, i got leds.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I guess maybe this is the best place to ask this.. I have a termite protection plan with a pest control company. I went out to my chicken coop this morning which has the subterranean baits around it and noticed what looks like dirt around it. I’m wondering if maybe it’s just from ants or termites. Anyone seen this before
IMG_6167.jpeg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I am getting my drywall textured in my garage. The guy convinced me to have it textured rough like it is inside as opposed to being smoothed. Then I am going to paint it and get some custom cabinetry sorted out.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So I am getting my drywall textured in my garage. The guy convinced me to have it textured rough like it is inside as opposed to being smoothed.

Why? In my experience textured walls just collect gross amounts of dust and are a pain to clean.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I guess maybe this is the best place to ask this.. I have a termite protection plan with a pest control company. I went out to my chicken coop this morning which has the subterranean baits around it and noticed what looks like dirt around it. I’m wondering if maybe it’s just from ants or termites. Anyone seen this beforeView attachment 518656
looks like ants made a hive/nest around the outside of the bait trap. Give 'em some good ol fire ant killer powder.