Home Improvement

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess I'm a chump I change the oil every season, drain the fuel and run the engine to starvation on all my 4 cycle equipment.
Possibly depends a lot on location. Here in Texas, people have been mowing since early to mid march, so 3 or 4 months of sitting isn't going to need all that mess. While I have family who run a lawn care business up north of the Mason-Dixon, and they do all that shit on all their equipment every year.

You couple probably also do some prep in the fall and be fine. Like drive out to the country and fill your last jerry can of the year full of ethanol free gas. It should be cheaper than using a stabilizer.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Possibly depends a lot on location. Here in Texas, people have been mowing since early to mid march, so 3 or 4 months of sitting isn't going to need all that mess. While I have family who run a lawn care business up north of the Mason-Dixon, and they do all that shit on all their equipment every year.

You couple probably also do some prep in the fall and be fine. Like drive out to the country and fill your last jerry can of the year full of ethanol free gas. It should be cheaper than using a stabilizer.
i used to use ethanol free for my leaf blower, but i couldn't find any when i moved to tn. and i used to have a jug dedicated as a 50:1 mix

now i just fill up the leaf blower with gas and drop a tbsp of oil in it

Burns

i used to use ethanol free for my leaf blower, but i couldn't find any when i moved to tn. and i used to have a jug dedicated as a 50:1 mix

Ethanol free gas is hard to find in most big cities, so if you are far away from the rural areas, it might not be worth driving out to get some. Boating places on the lake are the most likely places to find it, but of course they usually sell at higher prices. That website I linked looks old, but they seem to keep it updated. At least the places around here are listed and accurate.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ethanol free gas is hard to find in most big cities, so if you are far away from the rural areas, it might not be worth driving out to get some. Boating places on the lake are the most likely places to find it, but of course they usually sell at higher prices. That website I linked looks old, but they seem to keep it updated. At least the places around here are listed and accurate.

yea i used one of those sites when i moved and visit the ones around me, also gas buddy has an ethanol free checkmark on the app

just didn't have it

like one of 4 available from the site for me is a 1960s throwback
f2bcf1033a793bc196f6b27e7fcf67b1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I just use TruFuel because I go through like 2 cans a year in random 2 cycle stuff.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guess I'm a chump I change the oil every season, drain the fuel and run the engine to starvation on all my 4 cycle equipment.
Most of the time it's not necessary but I pulled out the pressure washer last summer and it wouldn't start. Took the bowl off the carburetor and it was full of the nastiest yellow slime I've ever seen. Had to drain the tank and clean everything.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Buying a house, and they say no ac just window units. But then I saw this. That’s part of a mini split right?

Attachments

• IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 33

Daidraco

Buying a house, and they say no ac just window units. But then I saw this. That’s part of a mini split right?
-edit- Damn if Palum isnt right. That line is going into the fucking hot tub. What kind of old ass fucking hot tub is that?

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to

It's just a heat pump, the line set looks like its going to the hot tub or somewhere else though. Usually they will travel to at least 6 foot high in furnished space for wall units.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
-edit- Damn if Palum isnt right. That line is going into the fucking hot tub. What kind of old ass fucking hot tub is that?
No clue. It’s being removed before we take over. I just picture old people fucking in it when I look at it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so update on the pre germ stuff, they didn't "grow" outside the bag, but i figured 20days in i better plant em, each 5lb bag of seed needed 1 20lb bag of milorganite in order to spread it in the broadcast spreader. (you could just spread it w/o the milorganite, but it's really clumped together)

after it hit the dirt, then they started to sprout, also maybe it was warmer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
so update on the pre germ stuff, they didn't "grow" outside the bag, but i figured 20days in i better plant em, each 5lb bag of seed needed 1 20lb bag of milorganite in order to spread it in the broadcast spreader. (you could just spread it w/o the milorganite, but it's really clumped together)

after it hit the dirt, then they started to sprout, also maybe it was warmer.
So you what, mixed it with milorganite and were able to get it to spread OK? Did you try and shake or squeeze out water at all?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So you what, mixed it with milorganite and were able to get it to spread OK? Did you try and shake or squeeze out water at all?
yea, i let it drain and i even spun them around a bit to centrifugal water out. i tried 1 bag of milorganite for 2 5lb bags of seed, it wouldn't spread, but 1 milorg bag to 1 5lb bag of seed spread fine

Palum

what Suineg set it to
yea, i let it drain and i even spun them around a bit to centrifugal water out. i tried 1 bag of milorganite for 2 5lb bags of seed, it wouldn't spread, but 1 milorg bag to 1 5lb bag of seed spread fine

Cool I will probably try that to fix some patches this fall