Home Improvement

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,249
20,202
After our street got paved, they came back in to do repairs on all the sidewalks and driveways and curbs. Had some cones up along the edge of my driveway and the sidewalk there, along with some of their tools they were coming back to pick up later. Husband at the time comes home, parks his car along the street and proceeds to just walk past the cones and into the wet concrete. It was mostly dry, but had some nice little foot prints in the concrete and some white little prints going up my driveway. Workers came back later and I just saw them standing around the spot pondering, lol. I looked like the asshole house.
With everything else we learned from your husband this checks out
 
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
<Bronze Donator>
32,654
64,488


too dumb to understand it's her fault, no cones no tape

bitch is harping on different colors of concrete, like wtf looks at that, my driveway is actually half brown pebble and widened w/ concrete (it's actually really nice the previous did this, cuz otherwise 2 cars parked in the driveway sidebyside is like too close)

also do ppl actually have a problem w/ delivery ppl driving up to your fucking driveway? it's called a driveway b/c you drive on it. i get tons of deliveries. i have no problem w/ usps postal man backing up his little car into my driveway to plopping down down 5 packages.

idk why shes harping on the culdesac thing, i live in one too and that only means that it's tucked away and not busy, otherwise you'd be parking in the st and blocking traffic.

do ppl really have a problem w/ delivery ppl in your driveway? it's your delivery, it's your driveway, i don't see a problem, if a delivery drive parked on your driveway to deliver to your neighbor, sure, but wtf is this harping on making use of a driveway.

do ppl expect big deliveries to just park on the street?

Why the fuck are you getting deliveries when you have wet pavement? If someone needs to bring something to your door they are not going to be taking subquests to find hidden paths to get there.
 

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
16,508
1,232
parks his car along the street and proceeds to just walk past the cones and into the wet concrete.

From what people have told me this is incredibly common. A concrete guy I used to know said pouring sidewalks downtown he's had places where he had it surrounded with barriers and then yellow caution tape wrapped around the barriers and people climbed over that to walk on the wet concrete. If a human doesn't do it then a dog will. If it's clearly marked and people walk on it then you have a legitimate beef, but if you leave wet concrete without even a sign and someone walks on it that's on you.

Why the fuck are you getting deliveries when you have wet pavement? If someone needs to bring something to your door they are not going to be taking subquests to find hidden paths to get there.
You schedule UPS/FedEx deliveries? Shit comes when it comes. I'm sure people didn't know when they were making an Amazon order a week ago that UPS was going to show up during the time that the sidewalk was vulnerable and no one was around.
 

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
<Bronze Donator>
32,654
64,488
You schedule UPS/FedEx deliveries? Shit comes when it comes. I'm sure people didn't know when they were making an Amazon order a week ago that UPS was going to show up during the time that the sidewalk was vulnerable and no one was around.
You get notified when things are coming, and yes, you can ask them to hold them at the local office for you to pick up manually, or ask for a delay if you know you are having concrete poured on a specific day. You'd be stupid not to.
 
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Ssraeszha Raider
12,096
24,835
didn't know this was possible, guy maps house out, marks the 2 studs where he want to run wires so can go into attic and drill. sounds like he doesn't trust it 100% yet and allows few inches of wiggle room, but still seems neat.

1788582022860.png
1788581976404.png



 
  • 4Wow!
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Pasteton

Vyemm Raider
3,423
2,623
We decided to splurge on our backyard setup so doing all stainless steel island and a 42’ lynx grill. Is there any thread goin here where people show off their backyard bbq setups so I can flex somewhere (once this eventually gets done)
 

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
16,508
1,232
We decided to splurge on our backyard setup so doing all stainless steel island and a 42’ lynx grill. Is there any thread goin here where people show off their backyard bbq setups so I can flex somewhere (once this eventually gets done)
 

Goatface

Ssraeszha Raider
12,096
24,835
1789869627262.png


this is the ceiling in the living room of my neighbor's house, whose husband died while remodeling. she has no idea what the plans were. it is dark stained wood flooring, the row of dashes is where they mitered both ends of the wood after staining it.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.png

there are 3 boards in between the mitered ones and they are like 6' apart. none of the others are mitered
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,202
10,895
Exactly a week ago our power went out. I went to manually open the garage and it would not open. Works fine when the power came back on so low priority. Today I had a tech come look, nothing is wrong. It's hitting the connecting latch on the opener. He said the garage door opener would need to be raised, except there is no room. Unfortunately it does not have a back up battery. I was with the guy so I know he isn't BSing me. Didn't charge me for it at least.

So price it out. A new garage door opener w/ battery back vs a properly sized UPS (which is a bad idea cuz motor load) cost about $4-500 minus install. No way I can install one now.
Weird thing is , before the wife hit the door, it worked fine manually.

Think I'm going to explain that the power went out one time in the last 12 odd years we've been here and the cost doesn't make sense. Hope I can sell it to the wife.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
16,508
1,232
If it's like UPS I've tried to have on my Internet router you will find out when the power is out that the battery has croaked a couple years from now.
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,202
10,895
If it's like UPS I've tried to have on my Internet router you will find out when the power is out that the battery has croaked a couple years from now.
yep and I'd have to size it for the start up on the motor. Going AC to AC is doable but a bad idea on a motor. The garage doors that have built in batteries are straight DC motors so it's exactly like the UPS battery. If I have to go any route , I'll swap the whole garage door opener out. Sucks, it works fine.
 

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,654
25,303
You should be able to manually delatch the door from the drive screw/rail/chain/belt and then lift the door - the pre-tensioned spring is what does most of the lifting- if you cant lift it- high probability the spring is broken. The door opener cannot by itself lift the door
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,202
10,895
You should be able to manually delatch the door from the drive screw/rail/chain/belt and then lift the door - the pre-tensioned spring is what does most of the lifting- if you cant lift it- high probability the spring is broken. The door opener cannot by itself lift the door
No it's hitting the drive connection at the manual latch. It needs to go up about 1/2" (not sure what that is in non-freedom and don't give a fuck). But the way it's installed would mean taking it down and completely rebracing and reinstalling. Not worth the effort. Now I know why I threw my back out trying to open it the other night, I was trying to lift the entire garage . Tech said the spring was in great shape. Only thing he really did was tighten the belt drive.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,202
10,895
Cool,

This was u to ur garage haha

Reasons Love GIF
I laughed my ass off.

Not sure if I posted it or not but the reason the power went out was someone took out a power pole on the main drag here , lines down on both sides of the road. Power was out from roughly 5am - 9ish. I went by later and there were 5 line trucks there still putting stuff back. Not sure what hit it but wow. New pole, new everything.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user