Home remedies that work

Betros_sl

shitlord
Dang, that works so much better than the lemon juice I have been using. Now I feel silly.
Lol.

Vinegar works for sun burns, too.

I've always gotten them so fucking bad (dutch i.e. translucent skin) and my mom would keep vinegar in the fridge all summer. When I got a bad one she would soak a wash cloth in the chilled vinegar and press it to the burns and it would feel so much better. I still make my woman do that shit.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If you are stung by a bee (and only a bee, from what I understand), immediately put ammonia on it. Last time I was stung was probably 30 years ago or more, but from what I can remember it instantly stopped hurting and the next day you could hardly tell I was even stung.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I heard an Elder Scrolls Online beta account can cure cancer of the guts.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I said this on the first page. I would actually recommend Konsyl as Metamucil is very sugary. Konsyl is the same thing as Metamucil, except unflavored and no additives.
Thanks bro, Konsyl is great. It keeps me from having to drink another glass of water because I can mix it in with my protein shake. +1

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
For extra bonus on the Konsyl: there is a version of it known as "Easy Mix Solution". It has maltodextrin in it so it doesn't solidify as fast like Metamucil or the normal Konsyl.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I use Olive Oil drops in the ear to break up ear wax.

Witch Hazel + Vodka + Citronella oil for a great insect repellent.

Lately, Fruit Flies have been bugging ht shit out of me. I built a trap for them out of a mason jar and some apple cider vinegar, they really like that. I put a cone of paper in the jar and sealed the lip to make a one way funnel they get into the jar and can't get out of. There are a ton in there from one night, not sure if the problem was worse of they bred, but they get tired eventually and fall into the vinegar.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly a remedy but a good trick nonetheless. To take care of antiperspirant stains on clothes, scrub about a tea spoon of OxyClean inside and out of both arm pits with a toothbrush then throw in the washer. I've salvaged shirts and t-shirts I thought were hopeless and they came back good as new.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does that fruit fly thing work for regular flies? Been having some issues with them this time of year.

I've used white vinegar for antiperspirant residue and it breaks it up well, mixed results on the staining though.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I made a new version of the fruit fly trap, seems more effective in killing, instead of just trapping.

Jar with an inch of apple cider vinegar, put 3-4 drops of liquid soap in the vinegar. This breaks surface tension and makes the mixture like quicksand.

Cover top of jar with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it to allow flies in. You don't have to put plastic on if you don't want, but if you don't, they some times just collect on the rim of the jar instead of going exploring past the plastic to find Allah.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
After chopping onions, rubbing your hands on stainless steel will remove the smell. Kitchen faucet works great for this.

Aloe Vera - a must have plant that do wonders. My mom always uses it on me when I was a kid, applied externally to skins and help reduce most of the damage, help soothe pain from burn.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Aloe Vera is awesome. I actually use it as an aftershave balm, works great to reduce irritation from shaving

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of shaving, I ran out of shaving creme recently and decided to use my body wash instead. Lubricates much better since I get much less tugging when the razor starts to dull and I don't spend time banging all the hair out of the razor. That's probably the best part, just swish it in the water a couple times, all the hair comes out. Much cheaper too.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Conditioner works pretty well as a shaving cream as well. When I shave my head, that's all I use. I don't want to waste that much expensive shaving cream covering my entire head, and my head really isn't that sensitive anyways.