Homecoming

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Homecoming

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2018-11-01

Creator: Sam Esmail, Micah Bloomberg, Eli Horowitz

Cast: Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale, Stephan James, Shea Whigham, Alex Karpovsky

Overview: Heidi Bergman is a caseworker at Homecoming, a Geist Group facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, living with her mother and working as a waitress, when a Department of Defense auditor questions why she left the Homecoming facility. Heidi quickly realizes that there's a whole other story behind the story she's been telling herself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider

I just burned through this in a night. It's very Sam Esmail, and very good.

This kind of show highlights how much you can do simply with dialogue - nobody getting killed, no car chases, no gunfights... just people talking. And yet it still manages to be gripping and tense, it sucks you in and keeps you hooked.

Juvarisx

Florida
Watched it all as well and loved it. Episodes are only 30 minutes so its a quick watch, but one well worth your time

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like the mystery. But seems to me that it's just a dumb contractor plot to rape money from the government...

So far. I hope it gets more interesting.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This wouldn't work in the normal ~60min episode length, it would just burn out as it's turned up to 10 non-stop. It's on old fashioned political type story redone for today and I think it was done pretty well. At least in what I've watched so far. Between this and Patriot I've been watching more Amazon than I probably ever have so I feel like I'm finally getting my monies worth aside from the shipping.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This was pretty good. I wasn't going to watch it due to Roberts, but gave it a go based on the feedback here, and I'm glad I did.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Started this, and really got a Mr. Robot style vibe from it. Surprise, Sam Esmail is the creator. Enjoying it so far.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finished this. Solid payoff. Enjoyed the series, well worth a watch.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I just finished this, I really, really enjoyed it. I loved the cinematography and the sound. It really gave this vibe of the early mystery shows. Amazing acting by Roberts and the male lead and the investigator. Pretty great ending to (the reveal, and the actual ending.)

I am constantly amazed at the quality of the TV series that Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc keep producing. These shows are all so far ahead of anything on network TV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Like others, I liked the first season and found it surprisingly good. Season 2 is dropping on the 22/05.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I didn't really like the first season so prob won't be bothering with this.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Esmail is working on a couple of new things, including a new Battlestar Galactica series, I guess he doesn't have time for this anymore. First season was ok, reminded me a lot of the Annhiliation books actually, I can't pin exactly why. Might watch this but idk, a lot of stuff on lately.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season 2 was excellent. Chris Cooper was a legend in it.

Probably safe to say there's unlikely to be a 3rd Season though.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database