Homeland

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, next week is going to be good. Peter Quinn in an embassy vs. 20+ jihadis. It's like John Wicke with more napkin holders.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I don't understand the point of what the terrorists are trying to do at the end of the episode.

They didn't kill Saul and Carrie in the RPG attack(and easily could have, why didn't they?)

And now they are storming the embassy, but why? I would think their primary targets they want dead would be the highest ranking CIA people possible, 1 of which is outside in a wrecked SUV, not in the embassy. Are they trying to kill the ambassador? What are they going after, exactly? If they just wanted everyone dead, they would have filled that underground tunnel with explosives rather than storming it with ak-47s
They HAVE to leave Carrie/Saul alive for them to deploy the marines. If they're all dead they wouldn't do that. They need them to be alive as assets the marines are there to protect.

They're about to take the embassy and kill/kidnap the ambassador and the CURRENT head of the CIA. Not to mention all the intelligence they can steal/drones they can down, etc etc. I'm sure they have a plan to blow the whole thing up when they're done too. They want it to be a show. To demonstrate their power, etc.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yup exactly, look at when the ambassador was showing off her power to Carrie (acting) seemed like she's all powerful.

They wanna nab that bitch.

They wanna kill her husband (to plug a leak)

They wanna grab Lockheart, cuz might as well.

Fuckin A Quinn better be near the Commissary or the Lunchroom or whatever the fuck has napkin holders, he'll be a god.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Right. Current CIA head and the US Ambassador are the real prizes. Carrie and Saul, while not chump change, pale compared to that. Beyond being amazing intelligence pieces, they are massive bargaining chips and a huge blow to the US.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So I kinda dropped out of this season after ep3. Sounds like its worth coming back to finish? S3 was a big letdown and didn't think this season started off that strong.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So I kinda dropped out of this season after ep3. Sounds like its worth coming back to finish? S3 was a big letdown and didn't think this season started off that strong.
Yes once the ugly ass baby was in the rear view mirror show improved. Last few episodes have been great imo

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally watched it. Wow, amazing episode. I am so frustrated with being unable to tell how they are going to deal with the ISI.

Feien

Ploppers
Finally caught up with this. Definitely agree with these past couple of episodes being great. They are definitely gunning for the current CIA director, even the ISI chick asks about him at the beginning of the prisoner exchange. Too bad there is no new episode till next week.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Didn't like the CIA director pussing out and handing over the documents. No chance that happens in real life. He isn't opening that door and putting a room full of 20 people at risk + the contacts in that folder for the sake of a handful of people out in the hallway. No way.

It looks like they're setting Quin up to go all Rambo on the terrorists though. They better not kill him off, I'll be pissed as hell, he's the best character on the show.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't like the CIA director pussing out and handing over the documents. No chance that happens in real life. He isn't opening that door and putting a room full of 20 people at risk + the contacts in that folder for the sake of a handful of people out in the hallway. No way.

It looks like they're setting Quin up to go all Rambo on the terrorists though. They better not kill him off, I'll be pissed as hell, he's the best character on the show.
They better not kill my boy Quin and his mustache

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This episode was awesome. With their support network bailing, Haqqani has the source list, and their only "friend" is the young Pakistani general. It seems like they're fucked, as far as getting a solution in the next five days or whatever. I hope hey don't do any retarded MacGuffins though. The show has always been decent in that regard so lets hope they don't stray off course in that.

I didn't like in... season 3... or whatever. When Carrie was able to deduce that the Big Bad then was hiding in a tunnel after they had started the manhunt through a bout of cray cray. Lets hope she doesn't do something like that again.

Xevy

Log Wizard
MORE QUINN! He's a baaaaad man.

I thought the Ambassador's husband was going to strangle her with his belt and then maybe himself after. Maybe that was his plan and because she tossed it to him he couldn't do it. Probably not though. He's just a bitch.

Lockheart was warming up to me, but he majorly pussed out. Why wouldn't he throw some bullshit docs in there or something first? That would've been the pro play if he's going to go against ALL PROTOCOL. Can't wait until the end of the season when General McHandsome takes the older Paki General and Ms. Devious to a site with a big hole in the ground. Then fills that hole with them.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the Ambassador's husband was going to strangle her with his belt and then maybe himself after. Maybe that was his plan and because she tossed it to him he couldn't do it. Probably not though. He's just a bitch.
I hope we get to see what happens with the husband. The ISI/Taliban has to know he gave up their plan since people were able to get to the vault. The CIA can't turn him into a double-agent like they did with Brody, not to mention they no longer need him since the embassy is being abandoned. He's colossally fucked, but I can't see him not trying to weasel out of this somehow.

On the one hand, him pussing out really didn't surprise me. He's never really been shown to be as professional or together as Estes or Saul. On the other, he's been shown to be the consummate politician, someone whose career advancement is put before all else. There's no way a CIA director would get out of this unscathed. He gave up information the likely took years to compile, while arguably putting national security at risk and making far,farless likely for Pakistanis or Afghanis to become informants in the future. If a CIA director did that in reality, he'd have his ass raked over the coals by the opposing party and have calls for his resignation. Perhaps it was just a split second decision in the heat of the moment, but I can't see Lockhart not doing the math in his head.

Though the thing that did annoy me about that scene was he didn't really care about anyone being killed until it was someone from the primary cast. Two background actors get shot in the head? Barely a reaction. Farrah gets threatened? Give them the suitcase and put dozens of other people at risk!

Szlia

I feel Lockhart dropping the ball was pretty good. All the main characters are career intelligence agents, career soldiers or career diplomats, people used to making tough choices with a cold head and maintain a bird eye view of situations all the while being under great pressure. Lockhart is a career politician so he really is unprepared for this kind of situations. I thought it work even better as a contrast with his attitude and rhetoric before the events.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_84625.jpg

he couldn't help himself!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I may have missed his death, but where's caddyshack John at? I don't remember him dying. Did he die in the SUV convoy with Carrie and Saul or is he somewhere else?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I may have missed his death, but where's caddyshack John at? I don't remember him dying. Did he die in the SUV convoy with Carrie and Saul or is he somewhere else?
he had like a big shard a glass in his throat.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, that was pretty much the very beginning of the episode.

Carrie's shouting "JOHN!" but you can't hear when you're dead.