Homeland

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Gonna miss the iranian babe she was hot. Also I don't get why the CIA would leave all those important files UNENCRYPTED on a hard drive. Like is their a word doc on the HDD that says Contactlist.doc? Even if the baddies have the drive it should be so encrypted that no one but the person with the right key/info can access it, and if your gonna tell me the lolterrorists have some genius like hacker who can out encrypt the CIA top dogs, I say your full of shit.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm pretty sure Lockheart's fuck up is just a device to get Saul back into the CIA, he's probably got a taste of what the job is really like and can't take it. Then the president taps Saul for the top spot, tells him he's sorry for picking the wrong guy and gives him his full backing to do whatever to get revenge. Saul gives Quinn and Carrie the backup they need and they either nail it and get the bad guys, or it all goes to hell, either way it should be entertaining.

It really sucks that the Iranian chick is dead, she was quite the eye candy.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty sure Lockheart's fuck up is just a device to get Saul back into the CIA, he's probably got a taste of what the job is really like and can't take it.
Then the president taps Saul for the top spot, tells him he's sorry for picking the wrong guy and gives him his full backing to do whatever to get revenge.
That would be a good way of bringing Dar Adal back into things, too. F. Murray Abraham is still listed in the credits, but he's been in only about two episodes this sesaon.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gonna miss the iranian babe she was hot. Also I don't get why the CIA would leave all those important files UNENCRYPTED on a hard drive. Like is their a word doc on the HDD that says Contactlist.doc? Even if the baddies have the drive it should be so encrypted that no one but the person with the right key/info can access it, and if your gonna tell me the lolterrorists have some genius like hacker who can out encrypt the CIA top dogs, I say your full of shit.
Not for nothing, but in the Army top secret crap was just kept on external USB hardrives that said TOP SECRET on them. They rely on site security more than just about anything else. So I am honestly not surprised that a small station like this would be something similar. Encryption is used intranetwork and shit though. Like they said, the guy didn't trust DC with his info. So he probably didn't hide it extremely well anyway.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the first is a nearly perfect season of television. I'd still pick that one. This season has been great though.
I'm gonna agree with that. The whole Brody stuff became dumb at some point, mostly because it involved too much family / romance drama and forced twists. This season so far is good, they focus on the spy stuff and writing, while having flaws, isn't as abysmal as 24 could be. I don't really have a problem with Lockhart's decision, since he's a politician before being an housemade spy. The MILF ambassador told him it's war, she's well aware of the implications, while he just wanna save lives. They also did a nice job depicting how conflicted Pakistani Intelligence service is.

The only problem I see is CIA having a AAA top secret USB case with years of ground work running around in Lockhart's hands. I understand they needed some dramatic element during taliban boogaloo, but nowadays there's just no fucking way you'd have that much of critical information at hand : everything is compartmentalized to the bone. That's like Spy 101. Anyway this season is pretty solid, I was afraid they'd dramatize drugged Carrie ad nauseam, but they finally didn't drag it too long.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea season 2 and 3 didn't need to happen but what important stuff did we have to take away from season 2/3?
Carries got the crazy eyes
Carries got the brody baby

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They have totally ditched the conflicted family stuff (aside from Quinn screwing the fat girl) and basically turned Carrie into Jack Bauer but I am fine with it. This season has been really fucking exciting.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The only problem I see is CIA having a AAA top secret USB case with years of ground work running around in Lockhart's hands. I understand they needed some dramatic element during taliban boogaloo, but nowadays there's just no fucking way you'd have that much of critical information at hand : everything is compartmentalized to the bone. That's like Spy 101. Anyway this season is pretty solid, I was afraid they'd dramatize drugged Carrie ad nauseam, but they finally didn't drag it too long.
: An Intelligence Expert Weighs In - Speakeasy - WSJ

"The lockdown itself was pretty realistic. Whenever an embassy or CIA outpost is going to be infiltrated, there are very specific procedures in place, making sure you destroy everything, destroying hard drives, etc. Now, it takes them a while to do it [Laughs]. The minute that they hear there's potentially people breaking into the embassy, they should have immediately started doing that. They shouldn't have had to be told about it, it should have been practiced and understood. We've been doing this for quite some time - in Saigon, Benghazi - unfortunately we're pretty good at tearing down an embassy, making sure that intel doesn't leak out. So, yes, it's very realistic to say, "Get rid of everything, destroy everything, burn all the stuff." It just took them a lot longer - this should have been automatic. You have the most top-secret information you could possibly have - you don't leave this up to, "Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Let's run around like we don't know what we're doing!" There's a process to it. Everybody would know it."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm gonna agree with that. The whole Brody stuff became dumb at some point, mostly because it involved too much family / romance drama and forced twists. This season so far is good, they focus on the spy stuff and writing, while having flaws, isn't as abysmal as 24 could be. I don't really have a problem with Lockhart's decision, since he's a politician before being an housemade spy. The MILF ambassador told him it's war, she's well aware of the implications, while he just wanna save lives. They also did a nice job depicting how conflicted Pakistani Intelligence service is.

I didn't really see, but I got the impression that Sandy had only written copies of the asset data and not actual hard drives, though it may have been.

Analysts at a forward operating CIA spy base would absolutely have that much data on hand, I am sure. But like the link said, they would be much better trained and drilled on destruction. Even giving the enemy (who in this case is really the ISI and whatever other governmens may be partnered with the Taliban or Pakistan) even encrypted data can be dangerous. RL Homeland Base would have thermited that shit to the fucking ground.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Remember in Zero Dark Thirty when the stealth chopper broke so they had to blow it to pieces. That's kinda SOP with sekrit stuff. Burn it all.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I said, having some data case with a full assets list aka years of ground work isn't Standard Operating Procedure at all, intelligence wise. Compartmentalization nowadays is the key, unless you're doing some "blackops" stuff, aka work beyond protocols. I'm not saying Senator Lockhart running around with "Crown Jewels" is impossible, I'm saying it's kinda unrealistic and only serves drama. I'm okay with that since writing is decent and we're not in some 24 situation where everyone is a quadruple agent and hacking is as hard as tying a shoe knot. Wannabe Osama exploited Sandy with ISI help, they raided CIA station most likely to get intel, we got spy stuff, drama stuff and some action. I think it's pretty cool since Rubicon / The Company, we didn't get solid spy drama.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You're right, it was definitely done 100% for the drama. I mean, what Sandy did was kind of the ultimate in compartmentalization. And I doubt it is ever done that way. But I also doubt any station chiefs are out there recruiting agents in the way he was, off the books, because he's a LONER BROS! LONE WOLF!

Yeah in reality it is probably much more boring. Like stored on a standalone system inside a faraday cage with a brick of thermite on top of it just in case.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well I think the point is that if he is that paranoid of Washington and recruiting his own people then he isn't going to leave it in the work safe for all the other guys to take care of. It's either deep dark personal work or public stuff the whole team is working on that he can't keep as secretive as they claimed it was.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you like Claire Danes, you should check out the HBO Movie "Temple Grandin". It's not the kind of thing that most people would think that they would like but it's a great movie and Claire Danes probably would have gotten an oscar nomination for her performance if the movie had been a theatrical release.
Thanks for sharing this movie. I finally got a chance to watch it, and it was fascinating. I realize it means a lot more to you as a cattle farmer, but it was even enjoyable for a laymen such as myself.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
She is a really interesting person and Claire Danes was fantastic playing her in that movie. It went under a lot of people's radar because it was only on HBO but I think most people would enjoy it.