Homeland

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Shit has gotten really good. I thought Saul was going off near Iran to help blow up top officials ala what happened in Langley. I doubt he'd send Brody to do that, so now I'm not sure what's going on. I can't figure what he's going to do with Brody. I don't think he's taking him back to the states. I wonder if Saul is becoming more "evil" or just being completely pragmatic regarding the future of the agency.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Shit has gotten really good. I thought Saul was going off near Iran to help blow up top officials ala what happened in Langley. I doubt he'd send Brody to do that, so now I'm not sure what's going on. I can't figure what he's going to do with Brody. I don't think he's taking him back to the states. I wonder if Saul is becoming more "evil" or just being completely pragmatic regarding the future of the agency.
he's only got 9 days? (more or less) to do it, then he basically get's shit canned, that's gonna be great to watch too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And what's up with Saul's wife's lover?

Is he an agent for the other side? Could he be how they were able to get their intel?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Saul will use Brody to assassinate the Senator and take the throne for himself. The wife lover (whatever his name is) makes no sense to me, as if Saul would use the wives laptop to do his super secret CIA work with, or share details about ongoing operations with her.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Could be a bug or some other way to insinuate himself into her life.

I hope he's unconnected to the brody/bombing stuff and represents a new angle. Realistically tons of people would want to infiltrate Saul's life, not just the select few pertaining to the plot of the season. I don't like it when all we get is that hallway of experiences relating to the episode/season. It's extremely prevalent in TV in general. One of the reasons I got sick of HIMYM was so many theme episodes where issues that didn't exist before would suddenly appear, become the focus, then just as suddenly be meaningless next episode.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the lover clearly is just a red herring, meant to make you think he is a super spy but really he's just a dumbass jealous frenchman. He will probably record something that is important though, and carrie or random terrorist will find it and fuck up saul's plans.

brodie assassinating senator would be a bit weird - he shouldn't be able to get anywhere close enough, and doing it would make saul/cia look incompetent, again. not sure what the plan would be though that would help javadi move into the military, help saul become head of the CIA, and use a heroin addicted brodie, but I look forward to seeing it and seeing carrie fuck it all up.

i wonder if a gun shot to the arm can cause an abortion

khalid

Unelected Mod
Doesn't Saul still need to do something for Javadi to get him promoted? I think it makes sense for Brody to be involved in that. Having him come back to assassinate the senator seems ridiculous.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I thought bytes was kidding about that. I still see Saul trying to move the pieces in Iran in the short term. Perhaps having Brody suicide bomb their intelligence apparatus will stir up the appropriate hornet's nest on both sides, but I don't think that's what he intends. It just seems weird since 99% of the world thinks Brody did the CIA bombing. Doing both would make it seem like there is a third non-aligned entity.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
i wonder if a gun shot to the arm can cause an abortion
I thought that was where they were going but I think if they were going to do that they would have had her get hit in the stomach. I am guessing Quinn and maybe the other CIA guys are going to find out about the pregnancy when they get to the emergency room.

This was definitely a good episode. The double agent stuff with Carrie is fun and Quinn shooting her was hard core. I don't know what Saul is doing with Brody but I don't think Saul is dirty enough to put out a hit on the senator unless we find out that he is a secret enemy of the state and not just a pain in Saul's ass. I don't expect that to happen and it would be cheesy as hell if it did.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shooting her in the stomach would put her out of action for days if not weeks, which can't happen for obvious reasons. And I do hope the baby gets revealed to everyone, or at least Quinn. The reactions might make the whole baby plot line slightly less idiotic.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nitpicking: The tub the lawyer was trying to melt the bomber in was a cheap plastic variety. Everything I've learned from TV murders says it needs to be ceramic otherwise it gets eaten through.
[/spoiler]
Mythbusters tested this on their breaking bad episode and found that acid doesn't actually eat any type of bath tubs.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Putting a hit on the senator is too straightforward for Saul. He's the type that goes for the long game, which is why I think he's not too worried about the demotion. As we've seen this season, he's constantly thinking a few steps ahead of everyone else.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My first thought was that he brings him back in a huge win that he uses to leverage his position as chief and keep the Senator from getting confirmation, that along with his Iranian play. I am sure they have a different angle on it. Definitely not putting a hit on the senator, that would be retarded.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought that was where they were going but I think if they were going to do that they would have had her get hit in the stomach. I am guessing Quinn and maybe the other CIA guys are going to find out about the pregnancy when they get to the emergency room.

This was definitely a good episode. The double agent stuff with Carrie is fun and Quinn shooting her was hard core. I don't know what Saul is doing with Brody but I don't think Saul is dirty enough to put out a hit on the senator unless we find out that he is a secret enemy of the state and not just a pain in Saul's ass. I don't expect that to happen and it would be cheesy as hell if it did.
could massive trauma and bloodloss cause a miscarriage? cuz on the phone quinn said he thinks it hit an artery in the bicep or something, then quinn finds out he killed another kid (he shot that kid in the face eps 1) and he'll go all crazy, that'll be cool.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it'd be a little cheap and contrived to have her miscarry only a couple episodes after we find out she's pregnant.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that baby is her total motivation to get brody off the hook, shes not gonna shack up with like the biggest white man terrorist in history, probably why she was acting all super crazy and thought they wouldn't shoot her, besides she's like the worst agent physically, she justs gets taken, that lawyer guy was like a moonlighting serial killer, he went all knock knock, bam bam bam, breaking bad bathtub.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
She's been in love with Brody long before he knocked her up, and she's been doing crazy stupid shit long before she was pregnant.