Hong Kong

jarrettmp_sl

shitlord
I have 20 hours in Hong Kong, on a layover. I arrive at 9pm on Sept 9 and leave 5pm the following day.

What should I do!? Nightlife? Dim sum? Noodles? Dumplings?

I'm all ears!

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am based in HK. not gonna be much nightlife on a weds night (as compared to weekend), but plenty of good eats in town. You could catch the last few horse races in happy valley weds night (i think the last race starts at 11pm or so), head to central and grab a drink at Sevva for the great view (expensive, dress code and closes at 12am). If you are still thirsty after that, you could hit up Captain's bar at the mandarin Oriental (for jet set) or head to wan chai bar district for more casual setting. They also have the red light district if you are into that sort of thing (just be mindful of your passport/wallet). Wanchai should have some late night food options on the street as well. If you want yum cha/dim sum on a thursday morning and cant speak chinese, you are better off sticking to a fancier place with an english menu. Victoria seafood in citic tower (admiralty) is a good but pricier option, or you can do the touristy spot in central at luk yu tea house (iconic), but honestly, you arent getting the real experience unless you find a local to take you.

For lunch, take a ferry from central pier to lamma island (sok Kwu Wan) find a suitable seafood restaurant (rainbow seafood is fine) and gorge yourself on crab, garlic prawn, scallop in vermicelli, fried mantis prawn, clam with black bean sauce, some cold beer and whatever else fits your fancy. The seafood is all selected live, and just let the waitstaff guide you in choosing cooking styles.

If you find yourself back at the airport with time to spare, head over to the foodcourt near gate 40 and indulge yourself at Cavier house & prunier for some balik salmon and a carafe of wine for a pre flight meal. It sure beats the hell out of shitty plane food.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
take ferry to macau, lose your life savings, swallow sadness, fuck a giant fish, turn into a jet, bomb the russians, and crash into the sun

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like best option is to hit up the red light district and hire a girl... or boy I'm not judging... to have fun and also show you around\order dim sum for you.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Go to Kowloon. Walk around and get lost in the swarm. Wander into random restaurants and shops. Eat tons of street food. The only way to experience HK in my opinion.

never been, but this area has always intrigued me. RIP~~

rrr_img_107963.jpg
rrr_img_107964.jpg
rrr_img_107965.jpg
rrr_img_107966.jpg
rrr_img_107967.jpg
rrr_img_107968.jpg

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll be moving to Shenzhen pretty soon. Can't wait to hit up HK.

amitom_sl

shitlord
Last year I visited in Hong long with my friends for enjoying holidays and shopping. I heard before visiting in this city that there are many country's goods exported there. So I decided to go and shopping with friends in hong kong. Then on 2nd February we travel for this city and I must say that in deffirent malls and shops there are all brands and varieties available. We enjoyed there and we wish to be there again to enjoy such lovely moments agian.