Honkai Star Rail

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm having the same issue without a second healer, keep running out of steam on the second fight. Barely beat the 14th stage with zero stars, too. I got some promising light cones but I'm hamstrung by a lack of exp materials for them atm. Hard to figure out if I want to spend stamina farming shit RNG relics I can't use or if I should just keep grinding exp for now.
The 14th stage was fucking rough, those claws... I think the 15th may be easier but both bosses have aoe to heal up.

Natasha+March do the healing job for the first boss, had Shusang+Yangqing for DPS.

Fire Trailblazer wasn't quite enough shielding for the second boss but managed to get it to ~30%. Had Seela for DPS and two useless supports with Asta and Foxlady. Need to commit to leveling them up from 50 to 60 and hoping they work, or pivoting to another strategy. I had Dan levelled up for the 14th stage, don't think the 2nd boss adds are wind weak though

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got all the characters I use up to 55, with each getting 1-2 nodes in Traces, but only 3 lvl60 wpns. Tried out W4 II and can get Svarog to the last phase, but I lack enough dps to smash the claws, and the eventually kill everyone over time. If I got the Stormbringer elite during a run on W4 II, I just leave. Takes too long to kill, even with Hunt.

Anyone know if the Weakness Bar mitigates Health Bar dmg, if at all and by how much?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone found a site that breaks down synergies between chars and bis party setups yet?

No Clara or Seele is suckin butt and I am refusing to spend.

I currently have -
All L50 ATM

E4 Fire MC
E1 Serval
Welt
E2 Natasha
Gepard
Dan Heng
E1 Pela
Tingyun
Qingque
E4 Hook
March 7
E3 Asta
E3 Herta
E1 Bronya
Sampo

No idea what to use for endgame and my ST is kind of ass, but tons of AoE.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Has anyone found a site that breaks down synergies between chars and bis party setups yet?

I dont think anyone knows yet for sure. What is BIS right now might change when characters are max level. I have seen a lot of content contradicting others about what is best etc. Just build up resources for now and level characters. Wouldnt go crazy farming for specific relics yet when you probably still need to level up characters, traces and light cones.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

No Clara or Seele is suckin butt and I am refusing to spend.

I currently have -
All L50 ATM

E4 Fire MC
E1 Serval
Welt
E2 Natasha
Gepard
Dan Heng
E1 Pela
Tingyun
Qingque
E4 Hook
March 7
E3 Asta
E3 Herta
E1 Bronya
Sampo

Given that Elements exist, its not hard to get a BiS setup with your characters. Your Tank / Healer will always be Fire MC and Natasha, so just match up Elements with the rest of your characters depending on the fight. You know this though.

For myself, I have Fire MC, Clara, Natasha and Bailu, and for my DPS/Breakers I use Sampo (wind - aoe/break), Asta (fire aoe/break), Serval (lightning aoe/break), and Shushang (phys - st/break). I will rarely pick an Ice character over the others as I find Ice to be the weakest.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Struggling on the mirror world. When you have to beat 2 Bosses before turn 12 for the 3 stars. Like theres no way I can do it before turn 9-10. All characters are lvl 50 and maxed lightcon3 and skills.

World 9 is the one.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Gepard is insane shielding after you get him DEF% gear, investment there will be smart. You'll also want to build up Natasha. Fill the other two spots with whatever types the encounter needs. Dan is probably your best single target option.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
How do people like this shit? Lol. I watched a stream of this and I swear I literally heard the same exact voice lines no joke, at least 50x in like 10 minutes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
How do people like this shit? Lol. I watched a stream of this and I swear I literally heard the same exact voice lines no joke, at least 50x in like 10 minutes.
*BWAAAAAAAAAAAA*

"DISSAPPEAR INTO THE SEA OF BUTTERFLYS"

*DUM DUM DUMDUM*

"ILLUSIONS OF THE PAST!"

*SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH*

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I get the weakness breaks and how to build the characters themselves as it's standard rpg, but none of that will mean your team comps are squeezing out their potential.

Like Genshin has char breakdowns, who they enable best, at what constellation level etc.

The whales are slow in this game. =d

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sidequests have WAY too much talking. They are even a pain to button mash skip.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its not as bad if you use a language you don't understand, since its basically just another sound effect.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Turn off sound effects you don't enjoy like 90% of other games where repetition is a basic pillar of gameplay?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm having the same issue without a second healer, keep running out of steam on the second fight. Barely beat the 14th stage with zero stars, too. I got some promising light cones but I'm hamstrung by a lack of exp materials for them atm. Hard to figure out if I want to spend stamina farming shit RNG relics I can't use or if I should just keep grinding exp for now.
OK I figured it out.

Stage 1 I used 3 single target dps and Fire Trailblazer to tank. The damage isn't too high so you have to focus down the main boss before you run out of HP. Adds are resummoned when they die and get sheilds so don't bother with them.

For DPS use whatever you have and try to match vulnerability, I had Yangqing who is great but not the right element and Dan who is shit but did match element, Sushang was amazing for breaking the boss and decent DPS here.

Stage 2 I used Natasha+March to heal/tank, and my best single target DPS (Seele) with a support (Asta). Asta can break things easily and Seele can kill adds for buffs. Without Seele you will need a good DPS of the correct element.

Stage 1 is stressful but Stage 2 is pretty easy even though it's a harder boss IMO.

Then tried the first weekly level and... ouch. Enemies are lv68 so I feel like it's designed for lv70 characters. It may not be worth rushing to this. However I annihilated World 4 Difficulty 2 with Hunt and Seele/Astra having millions of turns so not like I have anything else to work towards!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Went from getting to the second fight with 10 turns left, to finishing it with 10 turns left. Thanks for the tip not killing the guards in the first one, made all the difference (achievement, actually). I thought they would be too damaging.

First: Gepard, Sushang, Pela, Yanqing
Second: FMC, Natasha, Seele, Tingyun

Yanqing and Sushang @ 50, rest 60.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While on my winning run of W4.2, I had an "Occurance" event appear. At the end of the dialogue I was given a choice between getting ALL the Abundance Blessings or getting 2000 currency. I was already running Abundance, but I knew there was 1 or 2 Blessings I hadn't gotten yet, so I took that. Not sure if that was why I won or not. lol.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
While on my winning run of W4.2, I had an "Occurance" event appear. At the end of the dialogue I was given a choice between getting ALL the Abundance Blessings or getting 2000 currency. I was already running Abundance, but I knew there was 1 or 2 Blessings I hadn't gotten yet, so I took that. Not sure if that was why I won or not. lol.

I had that happen when I was like 10 preservation buffs deep. Then it added like 15 more abundance buffs. I was impossible to kill.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kafka should be here in about 2 months or a bit more sounds like, going for her E1 looks good.

hiwy0scm6tya1.png

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just starting out on this and trying to keep it FtP. For banners, I’m assuming I should just hold passes until I get the 40 to drop on the starter banner, and then after that should I be rolling this Seele banner? What currency do I use for this?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just starting out on this and trying to keep it FtP. For banners, I’m assuming I should just hold passes until I get the 40 to drop on the starter banner, and then after that should I be rolling this Seele banner? What currency do I use for this?
The normal banner is always open and uses normal passes, use 40 of them on the starter banner then the rest on the normal banner. You'll get about 100.

The premium banner lasts for a few weeks and uses premium passes, you'll get about 150 of these.

If you don't get a 5* then the chance increases after a certain number of pulls, so just pull until you get a 5* no point waiting.

I use my normal passes ASAP and I got Seele so I'm saving premium passes.

The game gives you both passes and also other currencies like Star Jade which can buy either. Use Star Jade on premium passes only.