Horizon: Zero Dawn

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Progressing along the story a lot now. Hunting lodge is a must because the trials are kinda fun but having Monster Hunter style go kill these beasts is actually good. Most of the time you can just avoid the bigger machines even if those fights are fun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm level 42, 50 hours in and still haven't finished clearing the map. I'm almost done though, then I'll attack the main storyline. Still having tons of fun.

It's for me the best PS4 game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I appreciate you guys using spoiler tags. It's nice to check the thread for tips and fun stories, but the risk of spoilers makes it less fun.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
FYI, super hard level cap at lvl 50 , lots of skill points with no place to put them.
All exp is just wasted at that point.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It is nice to no longer give a fuck about xp lost to overridden or corruption-arrowed machines stealing your kills though.

Having way more skill points than skills was probably done so that the hunting grounds stuff was a bonus to let you max everything out early instead of a hard requirement.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Been playing for a few hours now, so far so good but some things still bother me.

For all the shit that Zelda got for frame rate issues this is much worse on OG PS4. Also the fall 5 feet and lose half your life bullshit they seemed to have lifted out of Witcher needs to go. And the not being able to run over 6 inch rocks

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nerd plot issue. I know its nit picky but why didn't Faro/Global Military just start bombing the shit out of the Murderbots when they knew they were uncontrollable? It seems they just realized they couldn't stop their replication and biomatter consumption that it was apocalyptic and kinda just sat back until Elisabet came in and made her plan. Military action against the robots isn't even mentioned.

Why?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Nerd plot issue. I know its nit picky but why didn't Faro/Global Military just start bombing the shit out of the Murderbots when they knew they were uncontrollable? It seems they just realized they couldn't stop their replication and biomatter consumption that it was apocalyptic and kinda just sat back until Elisabet came in and made her plan. Military action against the robots isn't even mentioned.

Why?

I had issues with that too. Nuke the portions of the world the robots are in till it is a parking lot. Feel like that would of worked. They cant replicate if they all get glassed. 1/4 or 1/2 the world getting destroyed by nukes makes more sense then just trying to fight these robots conventionally which is what they tried to do during operation enduring freedom or whatever.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Running through the game after I have finished it going for the last 4 trophies for platinum and I really wish they had a super beast to beat, the stormbird by the metal flower I ended up killing with melee attacks just because and afterward I felt kinda sad.....

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Running through the game after I have finished it going for the last 4 trophies for platinum and I really wish they had a super beast to beat, the stormbird by the metal flower I ended up killing with melee attacks just because and afterward I felt kinda sad.....

This game could do well to implement a true Monster Hunter kind of system in the sequels. With progressively harder and harder beasts to kill. Could even do it through the "Hunter's Lodge" meta-game. Lots of possibility in there really.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
And the crafting system. The weapon and armor system is kind of boring. Not the type or anything but the bland green, blue, purple linear style path. Everything is in place to have a really cool crafting system using boss monster parts. You can even keep the mod system just tweak it a bit.

Cauldron Zeta was kind of bullshit though. Confined spaces are fine but little walls and 5 inch debris you can't walk over with a mob half the size of the play area... That shit was dumb on very hard.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, there is plenty of room for a healthy crafting system. I get the vendors needing a part off a certain beast but they also should have had a way to craft a slightly better version by needing rare parts off multiple hard beasts, I just wish there were more "hard" beasts. I do like TJT TJT idea for progressively harder beasts through a monster hunter type system.

As it sits now with all shadow weapons which I had very early in game then the shield-weaver armor I got a few quests before the end I was pretty much untouchable. I guess I just wish I could do more and that it wasn't completely over, although I still have the full sun marks to get. Oh well, I will sit impatiently till the dlcs come out so I can get my next fix.

Last edited:

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Been playing for a few hours now, so far so good but some things still bother me.

For all the shit that Zelda got for frame rate issues this is much worse on OG PS4. Also the fall 5 feet and lose half your life bullshit they seemed to have lifted out of Witcher needs to go. And the not being able to run over 6 inch rocks

You're the first person I've heard complain about the performance, even DF said it ran excellent, and if you're getting anywhere close the shitty performance of BotW it sounds like there is an issue with your console. This game runs much better than Zelda.

Five foot drop taking half your life isn't a thing, but even so just roll when land to avoid damage.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah not sure about the OG PS4 performance complainants. Game runs dick solid.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Why?

Everything was robots by the time they realized what was going on, so people didn't know how to control planes/tanks etc etc robot military made people lazy...

I had zero issues on my Standard PS4 my Pro comes tomorrow

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
No clue about DLC at all currently, though Guerilla is hiring a animator that has "past experience animating animals" take it for what its worth !

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Everything was robots by the time they realized what was going on, so people didn't know how to control planes/tanks etc etc robot military made people lazy...

I had zero issues on my Standard PS4 my Pro comes tomorrow
When Faro lost control, he reached out to Sobeck. A day or so later after she ran the numbers, she immediately got on a plane and went to US Robotic Command/NORAD and after that, it was all military action. It was already too late, and may have been in just a few moments after they lost control. All of the battles being fought were being directed by General Herres, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. If the swarm started expanding at geometric/exponential rate, they were already too far behind the curve at that point and nothing was going to stop the "Faro Plague". it was everything humanity had to buy time for Zero Dawn, which was the Hail Mary of Hail Mary's.

The only framerate issues I had were when I had occasion to try to cheese an plot encounter: Rrather than sneak during a revenge mission, I tried to brute force it but the numbers made me pull back to the entrance and chain kill the hostiles at the door. I didn't know that they would respawn and had literally dozens of bodies stacked in one spot after multiple failed attempts. The regular PS4 chugged some at this point. Eventually, I just gave in and ran after judiciously killing large numbers.

Other than that, my only complaints(s) is/was that I personally had trouble at times getting the climbing mechanic to fire when I wanted to on occasion, and that I would swing the spear rather than shoot the bow at unusual and unfortunate (for my Aloy) times.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmm I think my collectable files are properly fucked for this game, I have zero of that info at all..

hmm guess I'll have to redo everything which is fine anyway, but wondering what the hell happened to my Save files(have the Plat....)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I would have liked to have seen some unique, super-badass boss robots with unique rewards like weapons. How awesome would it have been to mix in a little Shadow of the Colossus. First time you ran across one and got stomped like a Fel Reaver would have been awesome.

As to the plot issues

It was Faro fucking things up again. You learn the first thing he does when he realizes the robots are out of control is order his team to try to find a way to regain control so he doesn't have to tell anyone he fucked up, wasting time. When that doesn't work, he orders all his factories to retool into producing non-autonomous weapons. By this point in history, no one has conventional weapons anymore, the US is already heading this way by with drones. It's not even called the "Military" in Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's called US Robotics Command. Imagine in 50 years we come across an enemy we can't use drones on, and the swarms ability to hack any robotic weapon they use means the swarm had grown to the point where even nuking them repeatedly only slowed them down (which they did try, it's mentioned in datalogs). Everything was just too little too late.

If Faro hadn't hid things so long, like the fact things were out of control, that the Horus classes were sucking up biomass (like the time it was caught pureeing the dolphin pod), first trying to regain control, then bringing in Elisabet, every step trying to escape culpability, then humanity might have had a chance.

Last edited:
  • 1Like