Horizon: Zero Dawn

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

LMAO I can't take this shit seriously at all. Just pure cringe.

Killzone was one of my biggest letdowns ever too. Passing on this unless word of mouth is very positive and I can find it somewhere for really cheap.

Wow that looks bad. Pre-order canceled. Nier Automata comes out the following week anyway

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I get the feeling that Microsoft pulled the plug on ReCore because they felt that it wasn't a competitor for this... but I actually quite liked ReCore and was puzzled why they aborted development of it and shipped out the beta version as-is. Now Microsoft is not known for their good judgement when it comes to the gaming division, but I am cautiously optimistic about Horizon Zero Dawn because M$ clearly was afraid of it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm still on the fence about keeping the preorder vs. throwing it in the Gamefly queue. On one hand, my preorder is discounted down to PC-game price level, but on the other that voice acting/writing/lip sync was really painful to watch and while I don't think Ashly Burch's voiceover is bad per se, I don't think her voice fits that character either. The game itself does look pretty good though; I see a lot of people comparing it to Far Cry, but I'd say it looks like that's where they started and then added on a bunch more features.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The gameplay looks interesting. The 3:00 dialogue scene from a few posts back is very worrisome. With each new game release I grow continually more concerned that Witcher 3 has forever ruined RPGs for me (well, at least until we can play in the Matrix, arrive at the singularity, are enslaved by alien overlords... you get the idea).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dialogue is for pussies. The only thing that would worry me is if you can't skip most of it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had no idea this was supposed to be an RPG. Every thing I'd seen just said Tomb Raider but robot dinos, and no one would argue TR was an RPG.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I had no idea this was supposed to be an RPG. Every thing I'd seen just said Tomb Raider but robot dinos, and no one would argue TR was an RPG.
I imagine it's an "RPG" in a very, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor kinda way.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno if its a shill but this dude played the preview (I think thats what has been sent out to reviewers so far) and he loves it. says it has meaningful quests and the playable character has good feel in movement/combat. i'm optimistic. A PS4 Pro optimized version is releasing at launch.

A few people who worked on witcher 3 worked on this game

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
i dunno if its a shill but this dude played the preview (I think thats what has been sent out to reviewers so far) and he loves it. says it has meaningful quests and the playable character has good feel in movement/combat. i'm optimistic. A PS4 Pro optimized version is releasing at launch.

A few people who worked on witcher 3 worked on this game

Turns out GhostRobo is a major shill. So I wouldn't take anything this guy says credibly. I'll wait for reviews but I am still excited as of now.

spronk

FPS noob
the game has also leaked to a few stores apparently in europe today so we should start seeing a few user reviews leak out

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I imagine it's an "RPG" in a very, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor kinda way.
Right, so the same way the Tomb Raider reboots were, that is to say, not an RPG :p Shadow of Mordor was my GOTY that year and I still would not dangle the RPG tag too close to it. At that point DMC and Saints Row are RPGs too then.