Horizon: Zero Dawn

Del

Vyemm Raider
Saw someone on reddit say they are really excited about this game because Aloy looks like a strong charater.

Then they said they didn't like Geralt.

Then they rattled off the characters that they do like. Mostly women and a couple effeminate men.

Then they said "I'm a woman, and a feminist".

I don't really have a point, it just annoyed the shit out of me. I don't give a fuck if the main character is a strong female lead, as long as it's not for the purpose of pushing an agenda outside of the narrative.

/rant
Well from what I've been gathering about the story
the people responsible for murdering everyone and creating the world killing apocalyptic AI are 2 scientists that just happened to be the 2 white men in a team with 5 other women scientists. Also all of the antagonists in the game are white men, and the AI trying to repopulate the world is a black woman
So I guess you could say that this game is Sarkeesian approved.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game is reviewing exceptionally well. Told myself not to upgrade to Pro, but after looking at some videos this morning I may bite the bullet this weekend. Bah....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
9.5 on the Jimquisition. He's my go to reviewer as his standards are alarmingly high.

This just got greenlighted into purchase territory.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah awesome reviews. No Embargo. Day one purchase.

Going to see if BB has a $10 dollar credit like they did for FF15 when preordering.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just bought Nioh and am now forcing myself to not buy any more games until I beat at least 5 in my backlog. I know I'm going to get drunk this weekend and end up breaking my promise to myself...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The thing is...Ghostbusters shoved that down our throats as the selling point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You are a little slow on the uptake this morning buddy :) Reviews are plastered everywhere now.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

I usually agree with Giant Bomb.

Praising gameplay or diversity? Meta critic means shit to me.

Lol you Stealth edited in Giant Bomb? Ah I'll wait for you and Spronk this time.

I'm pumped it looked good but if was preachy I could just replay Dragon Age Inquisition.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gameplay, combat, storyline, world building, crafting. UI is a bit messy from all the reviews as their seems to be no way to sort inventory for the stuff you want to sell. and Melee combat isn't as nearly as good as range abilities)

I couldn't care less about diversity. Beyond Good and Evil was one of my favorite games of all time. I just want a good game to play. It sounds like it is hitting up all cylinders. I usually always side with GG, but it sounds like some idiot at Reddit has a hair up their butt to make an issue out of something it isn't this time around.