Horizon: Zero Dawn

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
FWIW, here is my current bench.

It shows 'Custom' graphics because I have Motion Blur turned off. Otherwise all Ultra.

mxCsp8b.png

If you are getting this out of that Rig, how were others so low? Multiple patches?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If you are getting this out of that Rig, how were others so low? Multiple patches?

That is in line with my own expectations and what others posted.

Woefully Inept Woefully Inept posted this:

1597335163393.png

Which looks terrible on a 2060 .. until you notice he only has 8 gb of ram.

Woefully, fix that shit unless its on purpose to suit your username.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
That is in line with my own expectations and what others posted.

Woefully Inept Woefully Inept posted this:

View attachment 292821

Which looks terrible on a 2060 .. until you notice he only has 8 gb of ram.

Woefully, fix that shit unless its on purpose to suit your username.
My PC is just super low priority right now. I mostly play older games so I don't really need the upgrade. One day I'll get around to it though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Game runs like dog shit, and I'm completely disappointed in this port. Absolutely disappointed. With how excited I was at this coming out and seeing how absolutely shitty it runs, really is a downer. For reference, all of this is caused by hitching. It would be smooth, then hitch for awhile, then smooth, then hitch etc. The card can handle this game fine, it's just their optimization is completely garbage.

They never should have released this.

Borderless, Vsync:

View attachment 292001

Borderless, Vsync off:

View attachment 292011
Full Screen, Vsync off:

View attachment 292008

Worst possible quality, 4k resolution, Vsync off:

View attachment 292016

Trying to get the highest FPS humanly possible: Full Screen, 640x480 Resolution (LOL), Worst Possible Quality, VSync off. I'd expect at LEAST 1000+ FPS with this card lol....

View attachment 292024

Nope, 113.

Why do you have a different amount of V-ram in the various pics?

Troll job or something with setup?

Utnayan Utnayan so yea..

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I've had performance like this since launch day.

All the other benchmarks on this thread are nVidia, and mine is AMD. But that shouldn't matter. I mean usually AMD has to play catch up with drivers.

Why do you have a different amount of V-ram in the various pics?

Troll job or something with setup?

Utnayan Utnayan so yea..

The benchmark has shown various values for my VRAM as well. I'm not sure what that is about.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
My PC is just super low priority right now. I mostly play older games so I don't really need the upgrade. One day I'll get around to it though.

I understand that man, but you have a decent enough CPU and GPU, the amount of ram is kind of bottlenecking your comp by 30%ish, while ram is far cheaper then a good gpu or cpu, so thats very weird to see.

You'll gain a lot of performance for like 40$ or so.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The benchmark has shown various values for my VRAM as well. I'm not sure what that is about.

Have you tried if the options which show better VRAM result in better performance ingame?

Various reviews mentioned the performance in the benchmark differs quite a lot from the ingame performance, so I only ran it once.

Evernothing

Have you tried if the options which show better VRAM result in better performance ingame?

No. I turned on Ultra. Turned off Vsync and Motion Blur, and have not made any other adjustments to the settings, since it runs fine for me like that.

The varying VRAM on benchmark does not seem to be tied to settings.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I understand that man, but you have a decent enough CPU and GPU, the amount of ram is kind of bottlenecking your comp by 30%ish, while ram is far cheaper then a good gpu or cpu, so thats very weird to see.

You'll gain a lot of performance for like 40$ or so.
Yeah I could definitely swing that and I have been thinking about getting more ram.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
No that's what the game reported. Nothing there was doctored.

Sorry mate, others have posted on it.

Didn't see it on my machine and it seemed very funky.

Guess there is room for some patches. Just wonder if the settings which display less ram, also result in less ram being accesible.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
If you can find 8gb that matches what you currently have, that would be best for performance.
Oh yeah I know exactly which RAM I got last time and I just placed an order for another 8gb for $43. Last cheap upgrade I can do for this PC. I only have the 2060 because I was able to get it for like $250. It was a very nice upgrade over the 960 I was using and it definitely has room to grow with any CPU upgrade I eventually do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Oh yeah I know exactly which RAM I got last time and I just placed an order for another 8gb for $43. Last cheap upgrade I can do for this PC. I only have the 2060 because I was able to get it for like $250. It was a very nice upgrade over the 960 I was using and it definitely has room to grow with any CPU upgrade I eventually do.
You were running single channel before?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You were running single channel before?
No I've got 2 sticks in there with 2 slots empty. Just filling up the empty slots now.

Delivery is coming tomorrow so as soon as I can throw them in and run another benchmark I'll post it here.

• 2Like