House of Cards

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This show is awesome. Spacey has been playing white collar office prick roles a bit too often lately, but he is good at it.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Watched a couple today, I see no evidence that Spacey is really a malevolent bad guy. But of course I thought the same of Don Corleone.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I just finished the 13th and final episode. You'll get your evidence. Also, this show is amazeballs and I look forward to the next installment with eagerness.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Spacey definitely shows his true colors at the end with Peter

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished season one tonight. Absolutely amazing show. It is already up there in my favorite shows of all time. I could not stop watching.

fresh

<Gold Donor>
I wasn't crazy about him talking to the camera at first, but I got over it and really enjoyed it. Hard to imagine it working as well with another actor in the lead.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I wasn't crazy about him talking to the camera at first, but I got over it and really enjoyed it. Hard to imagine it working as well with another actor in the lead.
Oh I don't know, I thought Ian Richardson nailed it the first time round as well (hear the venom he gets in the last sentence):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylu3x...9A2E55BBEBAC5E

(careful of spoilers to later series on nearby links)

It's such a great part; add a great actor and you have TV dynamite.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Finished episode 8 last night, show is awesome.

FYI, I'm glad the guy they have playing Peter....they made shave his stash....holy shit.

rrr_img_12126.jpg

And yeah you can see a screw job coming, the whole show is about him using whomever he can to achieve his own goals and objectives, I figured he would dick Peter over at the end...lets make sure though if we mention how that we spoiler it.
smile.png

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just watched this show this weekend and went through all 13 episodes on Saturday. If I had watched this without knowing who produced it and you asked me who I thought produced it I would have said HBO and argued with anyone who said otherwise. Anyone else think the HD production quality seemed better then normal?

Whoever said this was like a gritty version of the West Wing made me think of the "walk and talk" gimmick that was used so successfully in West Wing where in HoC the "talk to the camera" gimmick is so successful.

And whoever thought of Claire's character needs more props. A power seeking women who isn't one dimensional is just the tip of the iceberg.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's like a dark version of what would have happened if Josh Lyman from West Wing ever made it into Congress.

Really liked the talking to the camera stuff (and the occasional glare/glance, lol), for some reason Don Cheadle doing it in House of Lies made was one of many reasons that I can't recall for not continuing to watch that show.

The husband/wife relationship is crazy.

Need to start re-watching in a less binge-like manner.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I didn't really like Claire that much at first, she seemed like a standard go-getter power woman which I found kind of boring, until she
starting jacking off the cancer patient on his deathbed to show him what he might have had if he were even slightly assertive
and then I really started paying attention to her. Wright does a great job.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just watched this show this weekend and went through all 13 episodes on Saturday. If I had watched this without knowing who produced it and you asked me who I thought produced it I would have said HBO and argued with anyone who said otherwise.
Couldn't agree more, especially after they had to arbitrarily give the main character a gay past. Show's great and Spacey is awesome, why did they have to fag up his character?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Seemed pretty heavily implied he and his buddy were banging each other in the academy.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
It was more than implied. It was pretty much outright stated
during the library drinking scene.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really like this show, and even the things I thought would be annoying (Spacey talking the camera, his inconsistent accent, etc.) didn't really bother me at all. Underwood is likable in spite of the things he does, and they did a very good job with his relationship with his wife.

And then I watched E10...

Just once I'd like to watch a 'root for the bad guys' show or movie without them eventually turning on each other. It's fucking infuriating that there's some sort of unwritten rule of Hollywood that the same goddamn thing must happen in every screenplay of this type.