House of Cards

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had never heard of this until Klosterman endorsed it today. sounds great

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know if this is going to be available from Netflix via disk?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Started on Tuesday after work and was up til 1 or so both that night and yesterday finishing the season. Loved all of it.

It's really refreshing to me that nothing in this show feels like filler or out of place. Like for a show to be making a political statement and feel the need to put a Jim/Pam The Office romance in the middle of it like The Newsroom. I really can't think of too many shows that have absolutely zero filler other than this and The Wire (I love Deadwood but I even think there's some filler arcs in there although not many). I really like it a ton for that reason.

The accent thing. Did you guys not think that was intentional? It kind of disappears when he talks to the camera and its over pronounced whenever he's in public. That all made sense to me. Does he go in and out a little more often and I just didn't notice?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I thought it was constant though the whole show, and he plays a southern man, I think it was intentional.

Javvo_sl

shitlord
After thinking back on this show, having finished it last weekend:

I'm kind of confused as to how this completely cold, calculating politician who worms his way into becoming the fucking Vice President leaves a monumental loose end via some 2-bit journalist. Really out of character.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why in the hell is this not available via disk? I want to watch this show.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was constant though the whole show, and he plays a southern man, I think it was intentional.
I wasn't asking if the accent was intentional. I was asking if him going in and out of it was. Someone up above called it inconsistent. I thought it was on purpose.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Unless she sabotages the story...I don't think she'd let the photos stop her though.
While Frank did finally get his hands dirty with Russo, everything else was handled by Stamper who wouldn't tell Frank exactly what happened. A lot of what Zoe, Janine and Lucas has is conjecture which while an interesting story there is still nothing tying Frank to any of it without someone spilling about Stampers involvement or some proof Frank was in the car with Russo. I'm sure the second season will revolve around Frank and Doug making sure that these loose end are tied up but we'll have to see

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Finally finished it today after first rewatching the British versions 3 seasons of 4 episodes each. Completely irrelevant but I thought it was odd/interesting that almost the only name they kept was his right hand man also being called Stamper.

In the Brit version it was implied FU's wife was banging the security man and I wondered if they were heading in the same direction but they sure came up with a different take on that!

As far as the accent goes, it did sound thicker at times, especially when he was back at the academy and I presumed it was an unconscious thing the character would do as that happens in real life.

I had presumed it was a one off one season event so when the 13th episode ended and I looked for the next it took me completely by surprise. I was presuming Stampers call was going to set up the final episodes conclusion with everything coming to a head. Even more kudos to Netflix I suppose for not only risking $100m on it but having the balls to end it with the story unfinished with a second season required.

Anyways, it was damn good and I got wrapped up enough in it to actually say out loud "Oh Peter, nooooo!" at the scene in the hotel.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I liked the first half more than the second. So many of the events in the end were predictable once you understood the characters from the beginning.

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
Spoilers regarding Claire and the end:

Yeah, definitely agreed on the first half being more interesting. Also, I had a huuuuuge problem with Claire straight up betraying him about the water bill. It'd be one thing if she had told him something along the lines of "no, I'm not helping you until you help me", but she actively lied to him and deliberately sabotaged his efforts. I think if she had just not agreed to get involved he could respect that: he advises Peter of dealing with the VP the same way and he treats the billionaire guy the same way. That Claire would think that shit would fly (and that it actually did) was pushing it for me. As she says, the most important thing to her husband is not to surprise him. But then she goes and does that and it's not a problem for them at all.

It was also troublesome that no one thought it was weird that Peter was in the passenger seat when he died and that a parking garage for a complex that has congressmen in it doesn't have a single camera at the entry point. I'm worried that that's something the reporters will uncover in the next season and it will just be stupid.

That male reporter guy just creeps me the fuck out. I'm hugely uncomfortable physically and emotionally when he's on screen. He seems like the kind of guy who would poke holes in his condoms when he thinks his girlfriend might leave him.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I liked the first half more than the second. So many of the events in the end were predictable once you understood the characters from the beginning.
You really saw him purposefully tanking Russo way ahead of time? I think there was quite a bit that was somewhat surprising at the minimum. The gay stuff at school as well.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody who claims they saw Frank doing that to Russo is full of shit. Frank didn't even plan on doing it. It was only when Russo became uncontrolable that Frank decided to tank him. Otherwise he would have backed him all the way to governor.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't that surprised. Russo was a big fuck up, and it was clearly a possibility.