House of Cards

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Netflix is all about being woke lately, so it probably wouldn't have turned out all that different. You'd have Frank being around and free to explore his bisexuality due to not being in the spotlight anymore while Claire knocks off everyone in sight including him at the end.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished. Was worth watching if you already saw every other season. Ending was … abrupt ...

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally finished this and worst season by far, it isn't even close. I can imagine how frustrating for the actors it must be for the script to constantly reference Frank every 5 seconds but literally cannot show Keven Spacey's face or voice in any capacity, even a flashback. You knew it was going to be a tough sell without him this season but I think it actually turned out worse than I thought it would. I'd probably put it up there with last season of Dexter (including the ending) in terms of how bad it was.

The most tragic figure in the entire series is Doug and even he went a little off the rails in this season. Shame really how a show was one of the must see things to watch on Netflix turned out in the end. The writing was bad and I can't imagine they would of wrote it the way they did if they still had Spacey involved.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
he's fucking insane. He has always had that holier than thou attitude but he's just crazy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's kind of bizarre. Where does he think this will go?

Either accepts his career/life is over, or hopes this shows Hollywood that people are behind him and he's not poison.

This is the route a lot of people getting "Me Too"d should go. Unless he actually is a child molester, then fuck him

iannis

Musty Nester
I think it's what he intended... it comes off... well, it doesn't come off good.

He had a string of movies that in retrospect are spooky. Ususal suspects, where he plays the criminal hiding in plain sight, American Beauty where he plays the middle aged man who fantasizes about jailbait and succumbs, Beyond the Garden of Good and Evil, where he plays a closeted southern gentleman accused of murdering his young lover and undertakes his own defense.

That video he's made there comes straight out of Garden. It really does.

I think Kevin's lost his shit. Considering how loose his shit was to begin with and what's happened to him over the past year I'm not terribly surprised. At the same time, he's fucking 15 year old boys so fuck him. He'll never see a cell and he probably should. I don't think he appreciates the seriousness of his transgression. Trying to play it off with that "lol, i'm gay!" tweet and this rebuttal... I don't think he gets it. Which at the very least means he'll go right back to it if given the opportunity. It really is too bad, because I find him to be an intelligent man in many ways.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
well he's officially lost his fucking mind

"in life and art nothing should be off the table"

"I never did play by the rules"

dude....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
He's actually taking life advice from script writers. He really is. He may not have ever had the distinction between life and art, which might be part of what made him a good actor. And the man is a good actor. Maybe he's a character actor, but for a "spacey" type part you won't ever get better than spacey. He defines the part.

He's good at it. He is. He's just fucking nuts. Which most of them are, but he's also sexually deviant, which by itself it not a crime, but quite possibly his expresses in a criminal way. And that's as kind as I can be.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
52A2498D-3BD9-4D35-9F0A-D8D4F983CD3A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i mean its clear he's supposed to be playing his House of Cards character, Frank Underwood, and he keeps making references as if he wants back on the show (which... is over?) with all that ring shit and knuckles but yeah I don't know if he's trying to make a gag out of all the RL shit he's accused of or if he honestly thinks he IS Frank now and has lost his mind or if he thinks this is some high art shit blurring the lines between TV and reality.

either way I think a few years of ass rape in jail will cure him of his delusions that anyone gives a shit about him. or maybe he'll fall in love with Tyrone and it'll be a happy ending

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
either way I think a few years of ass rape in jail will cure him of his delusions that anyone gives a shit about him. or maybe he'll fall in love with Tyrone and it'll be a happy ending

Lol yeah dude you know he’s looking forward to it