House of Cards

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe I'll just rewatch from the beginning and stop right before the new season? I wonder if they'll get the idea?

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Final Season is out now - pretty sure I'm not going to bother unless it gets some good reviews in here.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I didn't watching the previous season nor will I watch this one. BUT, out of curiosity, what happened to Frank?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Wow, how far this show has fallen. It went from must watch to didn't even announce the last season widely in two seasons.

spronk

FPS noob
i only watched up to season 4, didn't watch season 5 or 6 but for those like me curious what happens in those two seasons but will absolutely not waste 20+ hours of their time, spoilers

s5 spoilers
I guess Frank and Claire do a bunch of dirty deeds (faking terrorism, killing people lulz, etc) to get into office as President and Vice President. Some ol bullshit about a tied vote, etc makes Claire acting President, then Frank becomes President for reasons. Congress is investigating Frank so he resigns which gives Claire the presidency, but he tells her at the end that if she doesn't give him a full pardon he'll kill her. ok.

s6 (dropped today) spoilers
show opens with Frank dead apparently of natural causes? Claire is Madame President and i guess most of the season is powerful people talking shit about Claire and Frank.
Tom Yates, that writer dude who was boning claire, gets murdered by Claire.
the final scene is Doug telling Claire in the oval office that he poisoned Frank to protect his legacy as he was gonna kill her, she kills him and says "no more pain" and the show cuts to black and is over. No joke, that is apparently the final scene. haha

Everyone is saying the final season is worse than anything Dexter, Lost, etc ever put out so grats to the writers of House of Cards

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Reluctantly watching it. 2 episodes in and it feels lazy and is barely held together by its stars.

By lazy I mean... a number of story elements and plot points are spelled out with asides / the 4th wall instead of it just being the additional color Frank Underwood would use it for.

I'm up to 5 now... it's like they're trying to do an Alex Jones thing w/ this. So cringey.

1541277357272.png

Last edited:

Maul

Dental Dammer
Season 6 is the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen, I dont care if Frank raped some guy years ago, cutting him out they might as well have cancelled the show instead.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Finished it. What a shitty final episode, so many great individual performances from a great cast over the course of the season but such a bad show overall. Won't miss this. If Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear weren't in it I probably wouldn't have made it through the short season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
What the fuck are you talking about ?
It was not that bad. It even had some great moments.
So what if it had some moments of feminist propaganda ?
There were great moments too. It was not Kevin Spacey good, but it was not bad.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It wasn't just awful. It was the most dumb, inept, convoluted, anticlimatic, let's jump some sharks with a jet-ski, terrible writing ever ; most characters actions don't make any sense whatsoever (lol claire), everyone and their grandmother betraying each other for no reason at all (doug) and let's not forget the jogging / van scene which was 101 burlesque theatre material. What baffles me is that at some point, somewhere, some guy (or woman ooh) seen that script, thought "oh it's good" and greenlit it.

The last season "help help the secretary has fallen" scene was the pinnacle of modern television compared to that sixth season. There's nothing to save, even the #metoo moments looked like a compilation of Cringarella festival and most feminism / strong woman allusions were as clever as running on floor tiles with golf shoes. Absolutely awful.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So about as good as the previous 3 seasons have been.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Worst season by far. They don't break the 4th wall quite like Kevin Spacey, and it was completely droll save for the few moments with the Russian president. I was hoping it would have actually fallen into a world ending event of some kind, or where Doug stabbed Claire in the gut at least for some kind of shock factor that was significantly lacking throughout. A lot of shit happens for what seems no fucking reason at all. The last couple seasons were pretty stagnant, too, but at least they had some really good standout moments.

Claire is like an apprentice that doesn't have the gall to do the things FU would do, or would do them in a beta like manner. I couldn't take her seriously. Leading me to just not be the least bit interested in whatever overall plan she might have, of which it seemed she didnt.

It was also only 9 episodes when every season before was 13, so it feels like a lot of the story was either cut, or the lead in episodes were supposed to be driven by FU, and explain everything that happens. Instead I'm just left saying what the fuck just happened.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wonder how the show really would have ended if Spacey didn't fuck everything up?

Slow seasons or not, it was still a damn good show. But then he ruined everything by liking slightly under aged dick. (It was 16, right?)