House of Cards

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I started re-watching the first season. Just finished the fourth episode. I remember this show being really good, but I forgot how compelling it is. This show is no non-sense. Every scene, every line. Fucking awesome show.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yep. Show is great. The very first scene is how you do foreshadowing.

Frank told us the first time we met him exactly how it is. The dog was injured and dying and it would be no kindness to the dog or the masters to prolong that suffering. Someone has to do the necessary thing, the unpleasant thing. It only takes a moment. Frank is a Machiavellian Egoist, but he's not actually evil in the usual sense. He does love his wife more than a shark loves blood, and she loves him the same. Claire just has a bit of a softer sentiment which her husband cannot afford -- otherwise they are perfectly matched.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think S2 is going to be Frank beating the absolute shit out of the various forces arrayed against him. I haven't watched the British series, so maybe I'm in for a huge disappointment... but a bet against Frank is a foolish bet. At worst he may have to accept the consideration of a interest against his choosing. Which for Frank, is kinda like getting beaten. But our boy Frank is headed for a bigger chair!

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Season two is set to be released on February 14, 2014.
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
more titties
zoe_barnes.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Welp, I know what I'm doing for valentines.

And like everyone else, I won't be wearing pants either.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Really? This show is such that they think a teaser like that is good, and/or excitement-inducing?

I mean it was a good show. But come on. That was comic nerd levels of teaser-bullshit that would only work if it were Thanos smoking a cig for 30 seconds.

iannis

Musty Nester
They've already sold it. They know we're gonna watch it and they know we're probably going to watch the entire thing in the space of 3 days. Kevin Spacey just mocked us. IRL. Hard.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I know, I'll watch it just like I watched season 1. But that teaser was bullshit, and I love the show. Just sayin'

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I swear to god that "teaser" is just some college kid's 3D Studio Max project they did the night before it was due. How cheap and shitty can you get?

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
They got such awesome reviews for season one all they need to do is let people know it's almost time. I need to go back and watch season 1. I called Netflix support after season one just to tell them how awesome it was... I
never do that.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
man this 2nd season looks awesome
uhh.....lesbians!!!111111oneoeneoneoen!!!

@ambiturner:you are blind for sure

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So...we started watching this show on Thursday. Politics is not my thing, it doesn't interest me, I hate all politicians. But we watched all of the episodes in two days. I was up until 3am this morning watching it.

Holy crap, this show is great. My expectations were ground zero, and it blew me away. Frank breaking the third wall turned me off at first, but after awhile, seeing that smart ass smirk on his face, as he reveals his inner thoughts to us, really grew on me.

S2 is out in a few weeks. We can't wait.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So...we started watching this show on Thursday. Politics is not my thing, it doesn't interest me, I hate all politicians. But we watched all of the episodes in two days. I was up until 3am this morning watching it.

Holy crap, this show is great. My expectations were ground zero, and it blew me away. Frank breaking the third wall turned me off at first, but after awhile, seeing that smart ass smirk on his face, as he reveals his inner thoughts to us, really grew on me.

S2 is out in a few weeks. We can't wait.
Isn't it the "fourth wall?" In any case, that's probably what I loved MOST about the series.