House of Cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Simas_sl

shitlord
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: House of Cards

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2013-02-01

Creator: Beau Willimon

Cast: Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, Michael Kelly, Dominique McElligott, Patricia Clarkson, Neve Campbell, Jayne Atkinson, Boris McGiver, Joel Kinnaman, Campbell Scott, Korey Jackson, Damian Young, James Martinez

Overview: Set in present day Washington, D.C., House of Cards is the story of Frank Underwood, a ruthless and cunning politician, and his wife Claire who will stop at nothing to conquer everything. This wicked political drama penetrates the shadowy world of greed, sex and corruption in modern D.C. House of Cards is an adaptation of a previous BBC miniseries of the same name, which is based on the novel by Michael Dobbs.

Simas_sl

shitlord
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 136943[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]House of Cards[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-02-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Set in present day Washington, D.C., House of Cards is the story of Frank Underwood, a ruthless and cunning politician, and his wife Claire who will stop at nothing to conquer everything. This wicked political drama penetrates the shadowy world of greed, sex and corruption in modern D.C.

House of Cards is an adaptation of a previous BBC miniseries of the same name, which is based on the novel by Michael Dobbs.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

So I guess all episodes of this will be available tomorrow (or tonight at midnight?). It's a political thriller, it's a remake, it stars Kevin Spacey, and it's directed by David Fincher. I don't know much else about it.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The British original is fantastic, if this even gets close it will be well worth a watch.

Could probably watch it first without spoiling, changing from Brit to US politics will be change enough never mind adding stuff like the internet etc. I was laughing my hat off at a reporter dictating her story down a phone line to the newspaper HQ and this was the very early 90s
biggrin.png

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
So I guess all episodes of this will be available tomorrow (or tonight at midnight?). It's a political thriller, it's a remake, it stars Kevin Spacey, and it's directed by David Fincher. I don't know much else about it.
I thought it got off to a promising start. The original series was fantastic; Urquhart (Underwood in the remake) is one of the most amoral and malevolent characters in TV history.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I liked the first episode but I'm still not sold on Spacey talking directly to the camera. Looking forward to the rest.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm interested in it only because I went to high school with Reuel. I have no idea what kind of role he plays in the show, but he's credited with 13 episodes, so that's pretty cool.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I liked the first episode but I'm still not sold on Spacey talking directly to the camera. Looking forward to the rest.
I have to say, this is one of my favorite things actually. His winks, knowing nods and asides to the camera which reveal his inner mind to us, the audience, even as he lies and schmoozes his way through death and rampant moral buggery helps make the show for me. That grin as one of his machinations is mere seconds away from landing. "Watch THIS shit, people." I love it. Three episodes in and it's great so far.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Also 3 episodes in and loving it. It's like a gritty version of the west wing amirite?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Watched first 2 episodes, it is absolutely brilliant.

Kevin Spacey is amazing.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Loving it. I think I like the Spacey talking to camera schtick, it's unique and Spacey pulls it off well. I feel like it's Keyser S?ze.

Episode 2
At the end of episode 2 when he bent down I was expecting him to do the same thing he did to the dog.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm tearing through this...on episode 7 right now, and I can't stop watching. Kate Mara is smoking.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm tearing through this...on episode 7 right now, and I can't stop watching. Kate Mara is smoking.
Same here. Been watching since last night, just started Episode 11.

I like Spacey talking to the camera. Its not overused and it fits right at the key moments.

The dialogue and some of the monologues are stellar too, lots of quotable lines.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm trying to watch this right now and nothing will load on the instant queue for me, shits pissing me off.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The subject matter doesn't interest me all that much, but I'd watch a movie about baking bread if Fincher was directing it.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Finished all 13, great 1st season.

Cant believe I'll have to wait a whole year for the second one.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database