House of Cards

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I started on season 1 last week and finished it just now.

WHAT

THE

FUCK.

WHY

DIDN'T I

WATCH THIS

BEFORE.

BETTER THAN BREAKING BAD BY FAR.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Just finished episode 1... holy shit, what a season opener. I'm still in shock.

Also, can I propose a norm where we write, before the spoiler tag, what episode is being spoiled? So that if a spoiler is tagged as episode 2, someone who has seen [up to] that episode should not have anything spoiled.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally finished the binge. What a great show and ending, can't wait for season 3
Yes, the only thing I could think about for the last 3 or 4 eps is how they're setting up S3. I don't know if this can go on more than another season or two but I'm perfectly fine with that. Love how they don't pussyfoot around. This show is everything Homeland was not.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Finished ep6 of s2, some comments so far...
I just finished ep6 of s2 and I am getting a bit annoyed at the omnipotent manipulator shit with Frank. It seems like no matter what he does, it all turns up roses. So much so that I am really starting to lose interest. Everytime there is a conflict, I can pretty much just assume that Frank will outthink and outclass his opponents. It is hard for me to believe that no one else is even remotely in his class.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just finished ep6 of s2 and I am getting a bit annoyed at the omnipotent manipulator shit with Frank. It seems like no matter what he does, it all turns up roses. So much so that I am really starting to lose interest. Everytime there is a conflict, I can pretty much just assume that Frank will outthink and outclass his opponents. It is hard for me to believe that no one else is even remotely in his class.
Yes... and no. Part of the point of the show is to show just how efficiently manipulative Frank and Claire are. We have become so custom to idiots for TV stars that we don't stop to consider what our TV shows would be like if the main character was a total drooling fucking idiot. We rarely get a TV show where the bad guy is patient, intelligent, smart, and cautious because let's face it that isn't how it's supposed to work.\ Also this season shows more weakness from Frank then ever before but I'm spoiling to much so just go finish watching!

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
At the same spot as you and I agree. It was like that in Season 1 as well. Frank never loses. Watching him move the pieces is still fun, but its getting silly watching him make crazy international strategic decisions with no one challenging him at all. And now we have Warren Buffet turned Supervillan shutting off power plants on a whim from a remote laptop? Really? I do like how they basically admitted that the CWI shit was completely pointless and just removed it completely (at least to this point). I still like the show well enough, but I don't get everyone who thinks its the Best. Show. Ever.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh... shit for sure doesn't go his way 100% of the time. If you're getting a little bit pissed with Frank being Mr. Man (which is sort of the whole deal with the show. Frank is smarter than almost everyone. He's Cheney smart.), wait an episode I think. Maybe 2. There are some moments where Frank straight up fails... and it's actually sort of painful to watch how he reacts to his failure. The writing is great and the acting is even better.

iannis

Musty Nester
I am starting to feel a little bit like it's a Deadwood Reunion though.

We need Trixie, we need Seth the Jew, and we need Sweeeegin. That shit would be tight.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Yes, the only thing I could think about for the last 3 or 4 eps is how they're setting up S3. I don't know if this can go on more than another season or two but I'm perfectly fine with that. Love how they don't pussyfoot around. This show is everything Homeland was not.
I haven't watched the british version, but it is called House of Cards. I'm hoping S3/4 is all about his downfall at the hands of someone just like him...Maybe the Secretary of State lady?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wtf! When does season 3 start!? I hate being sick but this show made it easy to sit in and watch it.