House of Lies

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
I watched this show and Shameless last night and decided to skip Californication because I knew it would only raise my irritation with the fact that I pay money for Showtime even higher. Maybe it's just because I'm not a sitcom guy but these shows seem retarded to me. I just imagine the writers room where they're coming up with this stuff.

I know, let's have a couple of rich douche bag brothers! What will their names be? OMG OMG, let's call them the Douchkin twins! Because they're douchebags! And every character will refer to them as douche bags any time they're not around, just so everyone will understand that they are douche bags! And they will act like douchey baggy frat boy douches and say things like "bro" all the time and slap each other on the ass while they fuck prostitutes! Because that's what douche bags do! It's hilarious! But what about Guggenheim? Let's put him in a silly moustache and then show him getting a prostate massage from prostitute! Nothing is funnier than that.

And then you go over to Shameless and it's like "What horrible things should Frank do this week? Well, we could have him stab a retard baby with a thumbtack and then tell his kid he has cancer and shave his head so the make-a-wish foundation will give him a signed basketball to sell on ebay, because that's totally plausible right?

Finally, over at Californication they're like "Hey, let's show Hank peeing in a whiskey bottle and then taking a drink of the pee and going "hmm, not bad". Because you know that's totally what would happen if someone was an alcoholic."

Are these shows written for 16 year olds or are actual adults supposed to buy into the notion that human beings would behave in this way?
Says the guy who likes a horrible show like Girls, pretty laughable you put down great entertaining shows like these, yet enjoy a complete pile of shit like Girls. These shows must not be hipster enough for you. You probably like Enlightened and Treme too, fag.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I enjoyed the way they had each episode be a different client in season one as opposed to the same one for what appears to be all season this season.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Matt Damon made this show awesome tonight.

Also...we get to see slutty Lisa Edelstein next episode...how can that not be fucking awesome?

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Shit was funny tonight.

reg_1024.HouseofLies.Damon.mh.020613.jpg

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Last nights episode was good, was the first time this season the ending caught me off guard and I was left wanting more.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotta say I am liking this season more than the 1st so far. Also I didn't see it mentioned and honestly didn't even really notice, but they've totally cut out the 4th wall breaking Marty asides to the camera that a lot of people hated. He still does the meaningful look at the camera move, but it's small and doesn't break the scene. It's a good change and makes him seem like slightly less of a douchebag.

Also, I meant to say it last episode but did Marty give Matt Damon a handjob? I mean, I deleted the episode and after it I just thought Marty got someone else to give Matt Damon a handjob, but thinking back it seems more like he was telling Marty to do it. I really should have re-watched that scene.

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
Also, I meant to say it last episode but did Marty give Matt Damon a handjob? I mean, I deleted the episode and after it I just thought Marty got someone else to give Matt Damon a handjob, but thinking back it seems more like he was telling Marty to do it. I really should have re-watched that scene.
Did you notice at the end when Matt Damon sees Don Cheadle waiting after shooting the charity promo that he does the jack off motion? Because it was funny as fuck.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah and after the jack off motion Marty just kind looks downfallen and puts his sunglasses back on, it's pretty awesome.

I liked when Marty talked to the camera personally, I wish it still happened here and there, thought the looks are funny and well placed at least.

Looks like Marty has yet another boss who wants to fuck him over, I hope that isn't the theme yet again for the season.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
REALLY enjoyed tonight's episode. I'm glad Doug finally is sacking up, should be interesting to see the interactions between him and Clyde now.

I assume Clyde will kick it into overdrive to try to steal Dougs girlfriend.

The show has finally got good enough where it only being half an hour is really bothersome.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Yeah this season as a whole has been much better than last, way less 4th walls being broken is a good thing too. Marty trying to get a random threesome when he already had 1 hot bitch in the bag is totally something I would do drinking at a party lol.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I like the 4th wall personally and I really enjoyed the one at the beginning of the episode.

Season has yet to be better then the 1st one I think, this one got off to a pretty rocky start. I'm glad they have focused less on his kid.

Also, like I said before, I'm glad they are letting Doug grow a bit.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Clyde just had to be a little bitch, and Marty alienating himself was a stupid move. I'm not sure if the next season will be all that great without Clyde and Doug's ass-hatery.