House of the Dragon

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Noone who watched s2 of Picard can make this statement with a straight face.

This show is still fine to good depending on the scene and Matt Smith is still the best thing about it.

Good or bad, stuff happens in Picard.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Y'all going to hate me for this but I had no idea who Matt Smith was.
I do like him though, he is doing a bang up job and the only time I find anyone else tolerable is when Allthecock is on screen with him.
They got some killer chemistry.

Never saw Dr Who, but funny few pages back people saying no one would have know who Jason Momoa was till GoT if it wasn't for Sci Fi and that is true.
I knew him well from Atlantis, just assumed when I watched it he had been in many other things I hadn't seen.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Y'all going to hate me for this but I had no idea who Matt Smith was.
I do like him though, he is doing a bang up job and the only time I find anyone else tolerable is when Allthecock is on screen with him.
They got some killer chemistry.

Never saw Dr Who, but funny few pages back people saying no one would have know who Jason Momoa was till GoT if it wasn't for Sci Fi and that is true.
I knew him well from Atlantis, just assumed when I watched it he had been in many other things I hadn't seen.
Wait Jason Momoa is Tealc 2 from Stargate: Canada?

I had no idea!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not seen ep2 yet but King Viserys and Otto Hightower 100% needed better actors of the calibur of the guys who played Robert Baratheon and Littlefinger/Varys.

I don't want to see dull, quiet guys.

I can excuse the Americans being unfamiliar with Paddy Considine, who has mostly appeared in small, independent, British films. But I can't excuse a Brit being unfamilair with both him and Rhys Ifans, especially as Ifans has a much larger body of work.
Seems like his complaint was the actors weren't good enough, and your reply is to just say "you should recognize them." That doesn't address his complaint that they're not good enough actors.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Seems like his complaint was the actors weren't good enough, and your reply is to just say "you should recognize them." That doesn't address his complaint that they're not good enough actors.
One of them is Xenophillius Lovegood from Harry Potter 8 and The Lizard from Spider-Man 1 reboot 1!

I don't give a shit, I'm judging by what I see on TV and in episode 1 it wasn't good.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Lol, try re thinking that statement chief

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The point was you could have Mark Addy trying to tie his shoes in Episode 1, and people would be frothing for more Episode 2 about what he's going to say while tying them next week.

The charisma of the original GoT cast comparatively thus far is without equal-- I don't care how good Matt Smith is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The point was you could have Mark Addy trying to tie his shoes in Episode 1, and people would be frothing for more Episode 2 about what he's going to say while tying them next week.

The charisma of the original GoT cast comparatively thus far is without equal-- I don't care how good Matt Smith is.

It's funny to me that Addy seems to be more famous in USA. Or rather, pre thrones I associated him only with the fat bloke in male strip tease movie The Full Monty, a cult classic with boomers when I was at school

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
1661792823859.png

1661779140974236.jpg

4chan ... thats just mean

i still don't really get the cognative dissonance in the writers room of basing your entire TV show on a family that is obsessed with genetic purity and carefully tracing your lineage, for good reasons because only valyrians can control/ride dragons, but then just being cool marrying randos left and right. Not just the King either, Daemon marries some whore with an indecipherable accent.

Does no one want to point out to the King that marrying a Hightower may mean his children could get eaten by dragons instead of riding them? You know... dragons... the only reason your family has all the power?

that would be a fucking awesome scene though, a royal procession to present the latest mulatto baby to the dragons and they just devour it.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Does no one want to point out to the King that marrying a Hightower may mean his children could get eaten by dragons instead of riding them? You know... dragons... the only reason your family has all the power?

Yes, Lyanna Stark was a Targ which is why Jon could ride a dragon. You ding dong doofus

• 2Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
"Writer's room"...you mean George?

The Targs are incestuous but not at all exclusively so. FFS one of the first scenes of GoT is Danny being married off to a barbarian.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fucking intro is fucking pathetic. Just a pale, claustrophobic and fake imitation of the glorious GOT intro. It has no substance, no symbolism, nothing.

Then, bam, after the intro, that little scene with the dead folks and the crabs....
I really liked that scene, even if not that many people noticed it, I am sure. And the continuation of that scene ended the episode too, and that was amazing.
And I like princess Rhaenyra, the actress is so much better than Daenerys.
i dunno what show you were watching, but nobody watched Daenerys for her acting chops. we watched it to see her lovely boobies.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
FFS one of the first scenes of GoT is Danny being married off to a barbarian.
By her powerless, sociopathic brother desperate to rebuild the shattered Targaryen dynasty who would have kept her for himself if he had any other option. Hardly a representative sample.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
By her powerless, sociopathic brother desperate to rebuild the shattered Targaryen dynasty who would have kept her for himself if he had any other option. Hardly a representative sample.
I think the greater point of that post was all these couplings/marriages were in the Fire and Blood history book. It wasn't a writers room, it was The Writer.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
And? There are many examples as you move up the line. Someone else already mentioned Rhaegar and Leanna, too.

I just keep seeing random dipshits going ape over the writers fucking up this evidently core tenant of the lore, when very nearly the first thing we see in GoT is an exception to it.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I just keep seeing random dipshits going ape over the writers fucking up this evidently core tenant of the lore, when very nearly the first thing we see in GoT is an exception to it.

spronk spronk posts being totally wrong are a totally normal fact of life here

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 430414

View attachment 430415

4chan ... thats just mean

i still don't really get the cognative dissonance in the writers room of basing your entire TV show on a family that is obsessed with genetic purity and carefully tracing your lineage, for good reasons because only valyrians can control/ride dragons, but then just being cool marrying randos left and right. Not just the King either, Daemon marries some whore with an indecipherable accent.

that would be a fucking awesome scene though, a royal procession to present the latest mulatto baby to the dragons and they just devour it.
The Targaryens mainly married:
1) Their own cousins or siblings.

2) Velaryons because Valyria.

3) Dornish because that's the only way they were able to "conqueror" them.

Given that the Dornish Southern European complexion was never passed down, and there's a whole plotline about dominant Baratheon genes turning every child's hair black... I think that it's totally fine to say that Targaryens have some strong melanin whitening powers.

Also Targaryen blood running thin can be a plot point about how they got de-dragoned and dethroned. I don't know why they need to be successful in their breeding in an age before modern genentics.

• 1Like