House of the Dragon

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I decided to watch the first episode of this. I thought it was supposed to be a show based in old Valyria. I am disappoint.

clearly the shows fault you sleep with your head under a rock

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So is this show any good? I started the very first episode, but shut it off without getting into it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yet another episode of character assassination and major changes to characters, story, and plot. Like 3 minutes of this whole episode actually happens in the book. Now Alicent is made to be the bad guy, criston cole is made to be a dickhead. Clearly setting up non-binary genderfluid owlkin to be hero of this story, look at how stunning and brave she is marching to present her child moments after giving birth.

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yet another episode of character assassination and major changes to characters, story, and plot. Like 3 minutes of this whole episode actually happens in the book. Now Alicent is made to be the bad guy, criston cole is made to be a dickhead
I guess since Rhanerya and her family are all so unlikable I don't care what Cole said or did. Alicent is definitely far bitchier than her younger self but she's also the only one that seems to acknowledge the shit show that is going to come.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why did she immolate? did she forget she had 2 other kids? like ok, you rolled the dice and 60% is pretty good, considering theyre also inbred

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
what an abortion of an episode

haha, get it

sigh
gods-we-were-strong-then.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

why did she immolate? did she forget she had 2 other kids? like ok, you rolled the dice and 60% is pretty good, considering theyre also inbred

kid wasn't coming out. the guy said they could cut it out, but she would die.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
kid wasn't coming out. the guy said they could cut it out, but she would die.
oh guess i missed that, they gotta make this shit not so boring, so the choice was either cut her and maybe she lives and kid lives or she decides to immolate to kill em both?

edit
also what is the queen doing in the small council? it makes sense for ugly girl since shes next in succession

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
the choice was either cut her and maybe she lives and kid lives or she decides to immolate to kill em both?
such a what the fuck moment. Women in childbirth are going through a lot, but "set me and my baby both on fire" had to be the absolute most retarded, least believable way they could have played the scene.

also the least ethically acceptable choice in that situation, just absolutely retarded

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I didn't really get what they were going for there as a character. Some pregnancy induced psychosis? If you're going to die with either choice at least save the kid. I don't think self-immolation is what makes sense there...

Queen on the small council doesn't seem far fetched to me as it looks like she has gained some control as the King has weakened and she probably convinced him to have her be a part of it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I didn't really get what they were going for there as a character. Some pregnancy induced psychosis? If you're going to die with either choice at least save the kid. I don't think self-immolation is what makes sense there...

Queen on the small council doesn't seem far fetched to me as it looks like she has gained some control as the King has weakened and she probably convinced him to have her be a part of it.
but whats her role
master of coin or laws?

like derpy girl can be either, but hand, ships, lord commander is all set, unless shes the whisperer then thats actually more terrifying, maybe i'll go see who the small council is, only know that the blacks are ships and the now dead hand... also did that son commit both patricide and brothercide? like isn't that all super taboo?

even tywin didn't throw his dorf baby that killed his wife out the window

• 1Like

Goatface

they did throw in that line about how she wanted "to die a dragonrider's death" earlier.

from the wiki
In 119 AC, Laena became pregnant again. During the first few days of 120 AC, Laena went into labor. Following a day and night of labor, she gave birth to a twisted and malformed son, who died within an hour of birth. With all her strength gone from her labor and weakened further from grief over her lost child, childbed fever set in. Neither Driftmark's maester nor Maester Gerardys from Dragonstone could heal her. After three days of sickness, Laena died. It is said that she attempted to reach Vhagar to fly one more time before she died, but collapsed on the tower steps, where she died. Daemon carried her back to bed, where he sat vigil over Laena's body together with Rhaenyra

little interesting, afaik, she is the 2nd character that had a prolonged death that was shorten on the show.

Ser Joffrey was Laenor Velaryon's favorite knight and companion. At Laenor's wedding to Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, Joffrey rode as Laenor's champion in the tourney while Ser Harwin Strong rode for the princess. During the tourney, Ser Criston Cole attacked him with a morningstar and cracked his helm. He died six days later without recovering consciousness; Laenor never left his side and wept at his death.