Houston, moving there.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hit up the Kolache Factory for breakfast at least once. I recommend the sausage and gravy kolache or the sausage, jalapeño, and cheese.
Kolache factory is the mcdonalds of kolaches. You want the good shit go here: Google Maps

Kithani Kithani Rudys and Papas BBQ is good place to start.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Kolache factory is the mcdonalds of kolaches. You want the good shit go here: Google Maps

I'm sure it is, but the one thing I like about it is that they are consistent. Everyone around here talks up Shipley's Donuts but I think they are average and their kolaches are fucking terrible.

I will try Old Towne next time I am in the area. Do they have any off the wall ones that are super good?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Gonna bump this thread because I’m gonna be in Houston for work for a bit, gonna be in the med center area.

Anyone got good BBQ/Tex Mex recs? I actually told my wife that we need to hit up Escalantes but then later realized it was Tyen posting so prob gonna scratch that one off the list. I’ve been told about Killen’s so will be hitting that up.

Also, what’s the legit grocery in Texas? Further East it was Publix but I don’t see any of those around. We hit up a Kroger earlier and it seemed meh but maybe that was just the one store. Edit: reading around seems like I need to hit up HEB tomorrow

La Bala and Tastees would be my 2 "try these". But you have to go to the exact location, because the same name but different places can be completely different. Might be normal, but was new to me when I moved there.

Roegel's is good.
Killens is good.
That being said, BBQ in Texas is wildly over priced and not as good as Memphis, KC, Carolina etc imo.

If you like Mexican:
Trompo here
Tacos La Bala
10100 Beechnut St #120, Houston, TX 77072
(281) 933-3007

Most of the Tex Mex stuff is going to be chains.

Tortas here:
La Telera
6001 Hillcroft St #800, Houston, TX 77081
(713) 995-7272

If you want a real treat and like spicy. Beef bihari pizza from
Tastee Pizza & Wings
6455 Hillcroft St #6455, Houston, TX 77081
(713) 777-8222

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If you want a real treat and like spicy. Beef bihari pizza from
Tastee Pizza & Wings
6455 Hillcroft St #6455, Houston, TX 77081
(713) 777-8222

Bro, you just changed my life. I was a consultant for Accenture in the mid 2010's assigned to Symantec in Silicon Valley. My team was about half Indian and they took me to a place called Tasty Indian Pizza that had the IndoPak pizza's all named after Bollywood movies. I raved about it to all my friends and never thought that I would be able to get it outside of California.

I am getting this for dinner tonight.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Bro, you just changed my life. I was a consultant for Accenture in the mid 2010's assigned to Symantec in Silicon Valley. My team was about half Indian and they took me to a place called Tasty Indian Pizza that had the IndoPak pizza's all named after Bollywood movies. I raved about it to all my friends and never thought that I would be able to get it outside of California.

I am getting this for dinner tonight.

Forewarning, the guy that runs it usually looks like he wants to jihad everything.

Even asked him once, "Man do you just hate me? cause you always look super pissed". He laughed and said his dad scolds him for looking mad but it's just his neutral expression.

Easily one of, if not the, best pizzas I've ever had.

Even the damn crust is good.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Gonna bump this thread because I’m gonna be in Houston for work for a bit, gonna be in the med center area.

Anyone got good BBQ/Tex Mex recs? I actually told my wife that we need to hit up Escalantes but then later realized it was Tyen posting so prob gonna scratch that one off the list. I’ve been told about Killen’s so will be hitting that up.

Also, what’s the legit grocery in Texas? Further East it was Publix but I don’t see any of those around. We hit up a Kroger earlier and it seemed meh but maybe that was just the one store. Edit: reading around seems like I need to hit up HEB tomorrow
The two grocery chains I went to were Krogers or Fiesta. I preferred Fiesta though.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hit up the Kolache Factory for breakfast at least once. I recommend the sausage and gravy kolache or the sausage, jalapeño, and cheese.

Or hit up the Kolache Shoppe on Richmond, which blows Kolache Factory out of the water. Girlfriend introduced me to it a few months back and it is absolute god-tier.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Didn't realize so many FoH'ers lived in Houston.

Ching Chong cough has been really good for my company and they announced they're expanding through the South and South-West. Pretty good chance I'll be moving to the Houston area around May. Anything change in the past 4 years about what area to move to or what areas to avoid?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Didn't realize so many FoH'ers lived in Houston.

Ching Chong cough has been really good for my company and they announced they're expanding through the South and South-West. Pretty good chance I'll be moving to the Houston area around May. Anything change in the past 4 years about what area to move to or what areas to avoid?
Yes, anything inside the beltway fucking sucks due to traffic. Don’t move to Houston if you can avoid it, place is going to shit. Floods if it rains for more than 5 minutes, they tearing into all the bike trails to expand the bayou but that is making it worse because they are clear cutting all the trees too. They won’t stop building down stream either so more concrete will fuck everyone even more.

Housing market is really high right now as well, houses that were 90k 10 years ago are closer to 200k.
Food is still good, got my crew and my trails for the time being so I am still here but fuck this city a decade ago and fuck it even more now, Katrina onwards it has gotten worse and worse. If I could sell my house and move I would.

If you make it here and want to hang out let me know, we do weed, beer, Dr. Pepper, BBQ and ride bikes.
CE21832B-63C4-46FA-A39E-68ABCE2A7AC7.jpeg
3911BA05-699E-496E-A19A-68E3561C8160.jpeg
CAC8DD00-E74E-4BB4-BEA6-D4278B45ACA5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Pearland still a good area? Looks like the office is going to be off I-10 in central Houston. I'd be due in the office around 6 am so hopefully that's early enough to avoid the main rush hour but I don't know shit about any city except Indianapolis.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't how much traffic you would avoid at 6am. A LOT of people in the Houston area in the petro chemical world have a work day of 7-3:30. Right downtown no idea. I lived in Kingwood for a year and it was pretty busy by time to get to work at 7. Downtown might be a more traditional business schedule.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pearland still a good area? Looks like the office is going to be off I-10 in central Houston. I'd be due in the office around 6 am so hopefully that's early enough to avoid the main rush hour but I don't know shit about any city except Indianapolis.
Pearland is decent. On the road by 5:15 should be you there by 6. 288 and 610 is a shit fest though no matter what time. Honestly feel like I am going to die any time I go near or have to drive on 610.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Pearland doesn't really have any good access to I-10 that doesn't involve 610 or the Beltway. Can you give us a cross street close to the office for a better idea of routes?

Also, what kind of community are you looking for? New, old, masters planned, acerage, good schools matter? If you are not shy than a price range on a house might help too.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Trying not to doxx myself, but the central business district near UHD, or near where Memeorial Drive becomes Texas Ave.

I'm single and no kids so I don't really care about schools, My only two real rules are no HOA and a nice enough neighborhood where I'm not going to get shot or have to have iron bars on my windows. I'm obviously not rich even with the new job, so none of these 900K houses. 250k might be my speed.

• 1Like