How have you changed in the last decade?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Finally figured out what I want to do with my life instead of just drifting. I don't play MMO's at all, kinda lost my love for them. I didn't buy the newest PS/XBOX 4million or whatever it is now because I genuinely do not care. I'm more into Warhammer/Warmachine which in turn forces me to interact more with actual people. In an actual relationship and its weird because I have to actually compromise and argue like a civil person instead of just throwing her shit out and forgetting her.

In short I have purpose and a plan instead of just saying fuck it and getting drunk while playing EQ/WoW.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I stopped doing drugs and became responsible with my money. I'm boring as shit now.

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
10 years ago - graduating from high school
Went to undergrad, graduated
Dated hoes
Worked a shit job for a year because of the recession
Got a professional degree
Got a real girlfriend
Worked a slightly better job for a year
Moved to NYC
Working extremely awesome job that pays roughly 6x what I made five years ago coming out of school

Draqnor_sl

shitlord
Recently divorced out of a 20 year marriage, now mid 40s looking at the dating scene again and finding out most older women are bat shit crazy. I am in control of my life to do what I want when I want and that is pretty damn nice.

The older I get I am amazed at the poor insights/decisions I made when I was younger. The farther back I go, the dumber they appear to be. Makes me wonder what dumb shit I am doing now I will look back on in 10 years and shake my head about. I'm not talking serious stuff like legal trouble just perspective/views on life and what matters/what doesn't.

In general though life is good.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
finding out all women are bat shit crazy.
ftfy

And you'll find one that acts perfectly sane, and the second you have a kid or put a ring on their finger they'll turn batshit insane. I promise. My wife is Cuban, so it's extra fun around here. No matter what kitchen I'm working in, all I have to say is "Mi esposa es Cubano" and I get laughs and free drinks after work.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Ahhh 10 years ago...

I was 19, just fresh of high school, playing WoW all nights with no social interaction whatsoever, slaying raid boss and acquiring purplez. I wasted 3 years of school working on a degree I didn't get, went back to my parents full of shame and guilt, found a crappy job but decent enough to afford an appartment and a car, played wow all my free time...

5 years ago I became paraplegic and unfortunately this was needed to make me realise how much of a waste my life was, nothing but my family and a few friend from WoW to hold on to after that with 4 years of phantom pain makes my life pretty hard.

November 2012 I get a surgery in Paris not knowing exactly what would be the outcome, doctor in my town didn't even knew about that kind of surgery, but nohing to loose so why not. Success, no more pain and a life wich started all over again only 1 year and a half ago, no more interest in video game and computer, a few casual games there and there on mobile but that's it, huge work on my personnal life ie appearance/social life and I'm finally starting to reap what I sow.

And some school on the side but man they're 18-19 and I'm 29 now...

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Ahhh 10 years ago...

I was 19, just fresh of high school, playing WoW all nights with no social interaction whatsoever, slaying raid boss and acquiring purplez. I wasted 3 years of school working on a degree I didn't get, went back to my parents full of shame and guilt, found a crappy job but decent enough to afford an appartment and a car, played wow all my free time...

5 years ago I became paraplegic and unfortunately this was needed to make me realise how much of a waste my life was, nothing but my family and a few friend from WoW to hold on to after that with 4 years of phantom pain makes my life pretty hard.

November 2012 I get a surgery in Paris not knowing exactly what would be the outcome, doctor in my town didn't even knew about that kind of surgery, but nohing to loose so why not. Success, no more pain and a life wich started all over again only 1 year and a half ago, no more interest in video game and computer, a few casual games there and there on mobile but that's it, huge work on my personnal life ie appearance/social life and I'm finally starting to reap what I sow.

And some school on the side but man they're 18-19 and I'm 29 now...
are you me, bro.

Filled with hopes and aspirations

With girl, think we're going to get married

Wanted to be a Director/Writer/Producer

Girl not ready to settle down. Breakup.

Wrote, network steals the story idea and totally botch it. Krod Mandoon. Should have turned out more like the comedy style of Your Highness.

Produced

Writer's Strike

That life is bullshit.

Unemployed for a few months, blew through a chunk of savings

Dreams matter less

Focus on stability

Money matters more

Relationships not working. They don't get the industry and the level of commitment needed to move forward.

Single

Focus on career

Rise up corporate ladder

Manage a company's entire post production division. Making movies and tv.

Feeling of accomplishment, take pride in my work

No real desire for a significant other.

MlQlHbf.gif

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
10 years ago I married the love of my life. We got divorced this January after she drove our finances into the ground and fucked at least one guy.

I used to think things like "living a meaningful life" and "being insightful and compassionate" were important. But now I think the only things that are really important are my kids and how much money I make.

I used to be non-materialistic and now I think that it is idiotic to be non-materialistic.

If you have to drive to fucking work everyday anyway, it may as well be in a Porsche.

I intend to marry a well-to-do single woman who wants a ready-made family. I could care less if I love or even like her since marrying for love was a huge fucking waste of time anyway. This time I'm marrying for money.