How I Met Your Mother

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Reports are that CBS has passed on How i met your dad at least for the fall season.
Thank fucking god. Not only did they just murder that fucking character, we'd get another season of bullshit about how awesome she is before she dies and her widow gets to go fuck his ex.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Thank fucking god. Not only did they just murder that fucking character, we'd get another season of bullshit about how awesome she is before she dies and her widow gets to go fuck his ex.
The impression I got was that it wasn't going to be centred on HIMYM's mother, but just another random female and her group of friends. I could be wrong on that though

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ah, I stand corrected then.

The absolute failure of the finale has jaded me.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have to wonder how much fan backlash of the finale figured into CBS's decision to not order this show. Up until recently, How I Met Your Dad seemed like a sure bet to be picked up, but the negative reception of the finale sort of showed the creators couldn't deliver on the conceit of the show. And with so many people upset with the ending, how many were going to tune into 7 or 8 years of the same thing, knowing there might not be any payoff at the end?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
There's the other factor that HIMYM was actually funny the first few seasons. People who stuck around who aren't morons all did so because of wanting to see it through, not because it was even remotely entertaining. HIMYM was also funny 80% because of Barney.

Dad version would start with what? The momentum of a terrible dying series? Plus women aren't funny. That's a big one too

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Oh boy . . . I just saw the ad for this on TV. Here in Australia tomorrow ( Monday ) is a public holiday. One of the pay TV channels is having an all day marathon . . .

Of theentire last seasonof HIMYM all shown back to back. 9:30 in the morning to 10:00 at night. And then it looks like it repeats at 11:00 at night.

rrr_img_68651.jpg

rrr_img_68654.jpg

rrr_img_68653.jpg

Suicide hotlines be ready.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This is gonna be trash. Duff is awful, HIYM ended so long ago no one cares. And the ending was so bad and predictable everyone still has a bad taste in their mouth.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This is gonna be trash. Duff is awful, HIYM ended so long ago no one cares. And the ending was so bad and predictable everyone still has a bad taste in their mouth.
Please make the kids half black. This could be fucking hilarious.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Follows the theme as Duff is so awful, keeps the main character as the twat as Moseby was by far the worst part of HIMYM, he just came across as a whiny, smug cunt. Every other character was more likeable and less annoying.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

I'd destroy her rectum regardless

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully they get good comedians to carry her like NPH / Jason Siegel did in the original

• 1Like