How often do you communicate with the person you're dating.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
As the title implies. Just started seeing someone new. We're already past first few times having sex and the dating is agreed casual. We have an age gap as i'm 37 and she's early 20's. The younger ones seem to text constantly, but she doesn't. I almost feel like we don't communicate enough. We get along very well when together. Anyways what do you guys and gals consider a comfortable amount of communication?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
depends on too many factors to list. If shes not texting you every day, though, shes probably seeing other guys on the side

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, depends. But I agree, if you're not getting some sort of communication day to day, she's probably letting other dudes put stuff in her butt.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair, that thread should probably be renamed the "Johnn49 hooker of the week thread".

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Yeah i agree with you guys she's probably also seeing someone else. Honestly it's a 23 yr old so while we actually have more in common than i would have expected, what's the likelihood it's long term. Also i've seen so many times where just hanging out when available maybe opens up into something later. Was just more looking for how much you guys tend to talk to people early in relationships/dating.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Does she call you? Or are you saying she just doesn't communicate in either format (text or call)? If she's not communicating with you a minimum of one day, it's probably not TOO serious at this point. I wouldn't say she's getting her butt bred.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does it really matter how often you talk? This relationship has no chance. Enjoy the sex and the fact you get to even bone a 23 year old.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Does it really matter how often you talk? This relationship has no chance. Enjoy the sex and the fact you get to even bone a 23 year old.
I am totally enjoying the boning a 23 yr old part for sure. I guess i just expected more texting due to the age.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Most of my relationships have included us communicating at least once a day, unless the person was on a trip or something - even back in the day a quick message on AIM at night just to say hello. I don't really think I would enjoy it any other way, and I would be suspicious. Are you giving any financial assistance or are you guys just slamming uglys?

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Most of my relationships have included us communicating at least once a day, unless the person was on a trip or something - even back in the day a quick message on AIM at night just to say hello. I don't really think I would enjoy it any other way, and I would be suspicious. Are you giving any financial assistance or are you guys just, slamming uglys?
No financial stuff, we work together. I'm in the restaurant industry so most of the time the girls i'm with are 8-10 years younger. This ones a new bartender and just a bit younger than normal.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome, let us know when she loses her shit and destroys your restaurant.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, if you're not communicating in some way once a day (during usual circumstances) you're not really dating. I don't mean anything extravagant either. Just a simple 10 second phone call, "Yo. I'm sleepy. Talk to you tomorrow" or something along those lines. Or a quick text. Or an email. Or something. It doesn't have to be much, not at all. But it should be something more than nothing. If you've gone a week forgetting to talk to your significant other -- how significant are they really? And I say this as a guy who is completely content ignoring the piss out of my friends, and is content when they ignore me. But dating is a different thing. It's not about the content of the contact, it's only about the contact itself.

What you seem to be describing is Fuckbuddies.

Edit: Not to put too fine a point on it, because no one is saying that the obsessive teenage relationships are something to be striven for. But "dating" implies more than a once a week or pre-sex chat.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The main and possibly only perk of being a restaurant manager is getting to fuck the waitresses.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
When you're boning her do you think about the fact that she was in preschool when you were in highschool?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Communication is probably made more difficult by the generation gap. Try to date people in your own generation. By all means keep fucking young waitresses, just don't think they are your girlfriend, unless you are rich, which seems doubtful.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
When you're boning her do you think about the fact that she was in preschool when you were in highschool?
The line is thin for sure. Problem is i go to the gym 6 days a week and women my own age just don't seem to put the time in. I'm not saying all of them, but in Seattle chicks just get fat and refuse to work at it. I' ve lived other places that are much better. So i end up dating young because they are the only ones still tight and toned around here.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The restaurant industry is so incestuous. It's hilarious.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That's all well and good, but I probably wouldn't put "tight and toned" as my primary requirement if you are looking for a mate. Great for mindless sex & fun, just don't expect more than that if you are approaching women from that angle. If you're instantly discounting giving anyone a chance unless they look like a Yoga instructor, you're going to be working from a very limited pool of options. I'd never recommend that anyone throw their standards out the window, but there's a difference between having realistic standards, and looking for something that has the same odds as winning the powerball.