How To Train Your Dragon 2

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We re-watched Part 1 last night. That was a very good movie. I plan on doing a date-night with my wife next week to go see this.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Great movie, loved it.

Theater was full of kids and

When Stoick died the sobs were heartbreaking. Someone was cutting onions right next to me too, mother fucker.

Go see it.
I have never read the books so no idea how well they set things up, but the movie does a terrible job of back story. Basically it is "this is the way things are, accept them." It was a poorly written script ... see more in spoiler

How did Drago get power over the Dragons? I know they say he overcame his fear, that is it, really? All Drago did was yell and the Dragons bowed down? The Alpha bowed down WTF?

Stoic's death added nothing to the movie. They could have just had him go into a deep sleep only to awake after Hiccup saved the day and it would have served the same purpose. As a parent of a 3 and a 5 year old I was a little pissed I had to deal with "death" in what was supposed to be a kids comedy.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I have never read the books so no idea how well they set things up, but the movie does a terrible job of back story. Basically it is "this is the way things are, accept them." It was a poorly written script ... see more in spoiler

How did Drago get power over the Dragons? I know they say he overcame his fear, that is it, really? All Drago did was yell and the Dragons bowed down? The Alpha bowed down WTF?

Stoic's death added nothing to the movie. They could have just had him go into a deep sleep only to awake after Hiccup saved the day and it would have served the same purpose. As a parent of a 3 and a 5 year old I was a little pissed I had to deal with "death" in what was supposed to be a kids comedy.
Nothing new with these things though. See: Mufasa, Bambi's mom, and they almost iced the Toy Story crew

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't worry, the rule of animated sequels guarantees that the main plot of Dragons 3 will involve a love interest for Toothless instead of side characters. So we'll get a Lion King "Can you feel the love tonight" montage instead of dialogue.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoyed it but it wasnt better than the first movie
didn't care for Drago, Stoicks death wasn't good. Toothless going super sayan was nice

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i could have dealt without the mom
A Better villain
Not just have another big baddie dragon, I feel the dragon from the first would slaughter an alpha

Change the story to a pirate army with dragons that kidnaps stoic/friends and declare war with hiccup or something along those lines. I really ejoyed the smaller dragons ang giving them new features, I just wish they would have shown some new smaller smaller dragons and went more into depth with their abilities. Also no love story with hiccup and toothless was nice?

I would give this a 6.5/7 out of 10 and the first a 9.5 maybe higher

kooky_sl

shitlord
Loved the movie. Really wished there more backstory of the different dragons and whats unique about each race.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Came out on iTunes not long ago, so watched it with the wife last night, who was all over the place with emotions. It's definitely more of an emotional ride, but I wouldn't say it was better than the first personally. I would've liked more dragon backstory and less fawning in the side characters. There were like a bajillion dragons that went unnamed throughout the movie. And I guess they had to use the side characters for something, but their schtick seemed really unnecessary.

Still, I'd give this one an 8 and the previous a 9.