Hugh Jackman: Logan

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Damn that was a good movie. You don't generally expect superhero movies to go with "somber" as their dominant tone, but they really pulled it off.

So, even though Jackman's officially done with Wolverine, what do you think are the odds that we'll be seeing a sequel with Laura and the Mexi-tants? Because I think I'd be on board with that.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Damn that was a good movie. You don't generally expect superhero movies to go with "somber" as their dominant tone, but they really pulled it off.

So, even though Jackman's officially done with Wolverine, what do you think are the odds that we'll be seeing a sequel with Laura and the Mexi-tants? Because I think I'd be on board with that.
I think there's a good possibility of the X-23 Wolverine showing up in about 5 years when they start the New Mutants movies, yep. And at that point, I think, after the reception this movie is getting, we will actually see the Wolverine as it should have been, but it will be Laura. I'm in already.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They should have just left Wolverine alone after Origins instead of choosing to rape my childhood like this.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
From the 3 worst trolls. We're short Column's return and the ghost of Woolygimp to unite the Retard Power Stones.
Right, god forbid someone has a different opinion on a movie than you. No way that's possible, they must be trolling! Pathetic.

Deadpool is what you get when you put a bunch of neckbeards from reddit in a focus group and ask them what they think would make a good comic book movie.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Lol? The whole Deadpool character is just an edgelord.

"Wow he says curse words and breaks the fourth wall! What a bad ass!"

lol pretty much this - its beyond cringe. I had to turn it off after first 20 minutes

i imagine that this was largely the creative process for coming up with "Deadpool"

poochie_old01.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, all you haters have it to thank for this movie, so suck a big one. Deadpool's success as an R rated movie will go down in history as a game-changer re: idiot execs and risk.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Did they ever explain why Logan's healing factor was faltering? The virus affected him perhaps? I get that since the healing was faltering the adamantium was poisoning him, but was there any reason given for that or was it just: "It's faltering, here's a story based around that." He would be almost 200 years old in 2029 there's no reason for him to be old/failing or it would have happened already.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I assumed it was just old age. I think this was implied due to his graying hair. He's long lived, but he's not immortal, so age eventually catches up to him.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I assumed it was just old age. I think this was implied due to his graying hair. He's long lived, but he's not immortal, so age eventually catches up to him.

He was like ~130? years old in the first X man movie and showed no signs of aging whatsoever though. If it's just intended to be inconsistent and they don't care thats fine, was just wondering if they ever explained it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
"Inconsistent" sums up the entire X-men cinematic universe.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Did they ever explain why Logan's healing factor was faltering? The virus affected him perhaps? I get that since the healing was faltering the adamantium was poisoning him, but was there any reason given for that or was it just: "It's faltering, here's a story based around that." He would be almost 200 years old in 2029 there's no reason for him to be old/failing or it would have happened already.
If you look at this movie in the context of the other movies it really doesn't make sense since a few years ago he's about 160 years old and looks to be about 30. But then he hits 165 and all of a sudden he's a 60 year old man. Not to mention that in DoFP it seemingly takes place further into the future than Logan yet he's still young. I'm sure there's nerd logic you can use to explain the inconsistency but I think it's better to just ignore it and enjoy the movie for what it is.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Right, god forbid someone has a different opinion on a movie than you. No way that's possible, they must be trolling! Pathetic.

Deadpool is what you get when you put a bunch of neckbeards from reddit in a focus group and ask them what they think would make a good comic book movie.

lol pretty much this - its beyond cringe. I had to turn it off after first 20 minutes

i imagine that this was largely the creative process for coming up with "Deadpool"

View attachment 124786

It's like they think Deadpool was completely made up for the movie and wasn't an established comic book character with all the traits they're hating the movie for.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's like they think Deadpool was completely made up for the movie and wasn't an established comic book character with all the traits they're hating the movie for.
Deadpool being an established comic book character has no impact on my enjoyment of the movie I watched.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

yes, he was established in early 90s. when did the poochie parody come about? 1996?

yeah that seems about right.

"make him 50% more edgier"
"no, thats too much. scale it back down to 30% and give him an extra thigh belt full of pockets"

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Deadpool being an established comic book character has no impact on my enjoyment of the movie I watched.

I don't know, the fact that you saw a movie about a character you obviously hate might have had at least a little impact.

Or you're just trying to show everyone how awesome you are because you're too good for something they all love. I wish I could be more like you.