Hugh Jackman: Logan

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah I put all that together but it doesn't seem logical to me to force the most powerful psychic on earth to mute his powers when you're on the run from a gang of mercenaries who want to kill you. i'd take my chances with the seizures.
I think it's more that Charles doesn't WANT to use his powers for anything other than peaceful horse wrangling. Even then, Logan looked at him like "what are you doing bro, you serious about this?" Hints throughout the movie made it pretty clear that he cant control his powers anymore.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That is a astute observation of X-Men in general. Whereas new X-Men series is heading towards absolute cheeseball, including Deadpool, Logan/Wolverine Series is throwing out the playbook and putting DC Studio to shame.

As cheesy as Wolverine was (second one. First one was epic cheeseball), it was okay and pretty straightforward.

That's the problem with comics in general. The bigger more epic stories work in the comics, but look ridiculous in live action.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's correct. When I was a child, my favorite X crossover was X-Cutioner's Song. Staring all 4 of the X books, Apocolype, Mr. Sinister, and all kinds of other good shit. However, that would make for a pretty dog shit movie.

The same holds true to Spider-Man's Maximum Carnage. Fucking awesome comic, but dog shit movie (if it were ever made).

The comics have a LOT more history. Character motives and the like. They are also able to "assume" that people know a character's history, or can read up on it whenever. The movies, on the other hand, have to spoon feed you as though this character never existed at all prior to the movie. The reason being is that the comic audience is only a small margin of the overall movie going audience. You're not going to have a $2 billion dollar Avengers movie on comic nerds alone.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Watchmen is the lone exception, but it had the advantage of using a story of B-List characters that do not have decades of preconceived baggage in the fan base minds surrounding them. Ergo, it's easy to make a good on screen story with Dr Manhattan (aka The Atom) because he does not have the long and often self contradictory history built up that another god tier character like Superman has.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's more an issue of the general architecture of movies vs comics. marvel houses all the marvel comics, so they have oversight on everything being printed. in the movies, however, there's no real top tier voice that dictates what's okay and what's not okay so every new writer/director gets to write THEIR own version of a character. in comics you have to respect what all the other writers are doing.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I think Watchmen is the lone exception, but it had the advantage of using a story of B-List characters that do not have decades of preconceived baggage in the fan base minds surrounding them. Ergo, it's easy to make a good on screen story with Dr Manhattan (aka The Atom) because he does not have the long and often self contradictory history built up that another god tier character like Superman has.
Watchmen was a piece of shit

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Your entitled to your opinion, of course. Watchmen is infinitely more re-watchable than 90% of comic book movies out there, however. I cannot say the same for most of the Disney Marvel movies, outside of Guardians and Winter Soldier.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
yes, i'm sure it's infinitely rewatchable to you, Phazael, a fag who loves blue dick in his face.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are you just trying to reel in the slack from Szilla and Trollface in this thread or just trolling out of pure reflex?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
17595666539_525e18274e_b.jpg

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Watchmen was a piece of shit

Watchmen was def NOT a piece of shit. On the whole it was very, very close to the source material. While you might not like the changed ending or the other very minor differences, if you did not like the film, you pretty much don't like the Graphic Novel.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Watchmen was def NOT a piece of shit. On the whole it was very, very close to the source material. While you might not like the changed ending or the other very minor differences, if you did not like the film, you pretty much don't like the Graphic Novel.
I, along with the rest of society who gets laid, didn't read the "graphic novel". My opinions on it are based on the movie being total garbage.

joz123

Potato del Grande
It would have been better if there was more than 10 minutes of action since the movie was fucking 3 and a half hours long.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just got back. Holy shit rated R comic book movies make me fucking hard. Hears to many bucks being made by those hollyfucks so they can keep churning out this beautiful beautiful medium.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Loved the movie, too bad it took them like 8 movies before bringing out the real wolverine, r rating definitely helped.

I agree the kids were pretty bad in the end, but I kinda chalked it up to what the nurse was saying, the kids did not want to kill and used their powers as the last resort. I guess x23 being the exception coming from the genes of wolverine, but in her mind she was already seeing it as killing bad guys to protect herself. I also figured they got to the meeting spot safely because the scientist and his entire gang of reavers were out looking for x23 and not them. But yeah why were they being rounded up when they were originally going to be killed? At least we got a raging wolverine, even fighting his younger self, and x23 fucking shit up too. Pretty sad seeing her turning the cross into the X in the end. If only we could have gotten a trilogy of badass wolverine and not the last god damn movie with hugh.

I keep hoping fox will learn their shit by now and bring out better movies, since they have a good chunk of marvel characters to use.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I, along with the rest of society who gets laid, didn't read the "graphic novel". My opinions on it are based on the movie being total garbage.

If by laid you mean "cucked Tyen to impregnate nosebeast with closet spawn" or "banged smelly middle eastern woman with low self esteem" sure. Us non-edgelords get our nut on and still find time to read shit, even fatties like me. Seriously, up your troll game or give it a rest for a while. You are fat dead on a toilet Elvis version of Keg right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Top 10 Comic Book movies to date as of March 8 2017:

1) Logan
2) Captain America: Civil War
3) The Avengers
4) Spider-Man 2
5) The Dark Knight
6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
7) X2
8) Guardians of the Galaxy
9) Iron Man
10) Batman Returns

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's like your opinion...

1. Watchmen (3h+ version)
2. Dark Knight
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Deadpool
5. Dredd

Logan: fucking kids (that's also the first thing that was on my mind after watching the trailer a long time ago), otherwise great.
Don't care about the Avengers much (or any other 'big' comic book franchise). Solid movies but nothing more (engineered to be good). But I'll say I'm little excited about the Inifinity Wars.
And yeah, never heard about the Watchmen before watching the movie so it didn't ruin anything for me.