Humankind (Civ-style game from Amplitude Studios)

Goonsquad Officer
Heh. Yall are retarded. Every civ game shows scenes of impressive moments of various cultures in their intros and cutscenes. They don't jam Irishman on the pyramid build teams or Zulu manning the great wall.

They added jarring people into their scenes as a marketing push to jerk off the diversity angle and it seemed kind of obnoxious. I was curious if a decent game was under the circlejerkery

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
even more glad I canceled my preorder
Man, that fucking Xbox Game Pass. Guess I'm re-upping.

So what's the word on this from people who played beta? Is it supposed to be good? I still have Old World I bought a few weeks back.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Man, that fucking Xbox Game Pass. Guess I'm re-upping.

So what's the word on this from people who played beta? Is it supposed to be good? I still have Old World I bought a few weeks back.
It's not terrible, but not super great either. I definitely decided I'd pick it up on sale rather than day one but thanks xbox!

I did play for 80 hours during the week it was in beta so easy to argue that I enjoyed it enough and deserved to be bought but it really felt like game rather than growing a civ for me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Heh. Yall are retarded. Every civ game shows scenes of impressive moments of various cultures in their intros and cutscenes. They don't jam Irishman on the pyramid build teams or Zulu manning the great wall.

They added jarring people into their scenes as a marketing push to jerk off the diversity angle and it seemed kind of obnoxious. I was curious if a decent game was under the circlejerkery
You can be the Celts and still build the Great Pyramids though, that's the fucking point of the game. Every game is like history remixed.

You guys see phantoms of wokeness everywhere; it's getting crazy this point.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i have 2700 hours in Civ 6

is this worth trying or more of the same?

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm playing as an ultra woke jogger kingdom with pyramids and space tech.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Have you been able to actually win a game? I feel like either I'm rusty af or I just flat out suck at these games. Going to play tonight on n00b mode to brush up I guess because like clockwork around turn 200 or so it all falls apart (perhaps becoming England is the problem there!)...

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Have you been able to actually win a game? I feel like either I'm rusty af or I just flat out suck at these games. Going to play tonight on n00b mode to brush up I guess because like clockwork around turn 200 or so it all falls apart (perhaps becoming England is the problem there!)...
You just need more things to line up for, drink and submit to. You'll have old England shipshape in Bristol fashion in a trice!

Caliane

Arch likes it.

I was pretty impressed with Endless legend. not really a fan of civ games in general though. Tried a bunch.. but just could not ever really get into them.
Will probably give it a few minutes of my time, since its on gamepass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My only annoyance I remember in Endless Legend was the option to control battle VS auto-resolution. If you controlled the battle, you won in a lop-sided victory, but it was an annoying time-waster. If you just auto-resolved, it saved you time and annoyance, but lost you troops.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought Endless Space was much better than Endless Legend, but they were both solid. Both games didn't seem very deep though and when you put Endless Space up against something like Stellaris, it makes it even more glaring.

I'll probably snag this when it gets deep discounts, since I like the developer.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I havent finished a game yet I only played for a few hours.

Caliane

Def found myself "one more turn"ing last night, for several hours.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I thought Endless Space was much better than Endless Legend, but they were both solid. Both games didn't seem very deep though and when you put Endless Space up against something like Stellaris, it makes it even more glaring.

I'll probably snag this when it gets deep discounts, since I like the developer.
I think I'm like the only person on this forum that liked Endless Space 2.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Oh, the best tip I've found is to set your guys to auto explore in the neolithic era. Because the AI cheats and basically wall hacks, doing this will make your guys go straight to the food and sci spots automagically.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played it and got a refund, for me there's too little to do ingame right now, I got bored fast and I didn't like the culture mechanic. I had the feeling they tried to make a better, simplified Civilization but for me it didn't click. I liked Endless Legend so maybe I'll get it again once it got more content. I don't think it's a bad game, but I do think the 4X aspect of it is too barebones right now. I finished a game and didn't want to start another, I don't know if it's only me but this game's replayability doesn't look engaging at all.