Hunting Thread

Borzak

Karazhan Raider
247d 16h 42m
Found this pic recently. Bosque county Texas. My deer on the left. I am not in the pic. The guy on the left is now a TX game warden and appears on the TV show Texas Law from time to time. Opening morning. Been a few years lol.

Attachments

• Randolph.jpg
    Randolph.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
108d 20h 55m
I think modern ones are allowed. These are the rules. Might mean more to you than they do to me.

Those rules allow modern muzzleloaders except during the heritage season. they specifically bar inline muzzle loaders for that rule and that's the distinguishing feature of a modern muzzle loader.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
86d 8h 26m
Those rules allow modern muzzleloaders except during the heritage season. they specifically bar inline muzzle loaders for that rule and that's the distinguishing feature of a modern muzzle loader.

Okay. I've never seen, let alone shot a muzzle loader so I'll take your word for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
108d 20h 55m
Those rules also seem to bar copper jacketed lead since they specify lead.

This is what my brother in law uses during powder season for a bullet

"Plain Lead" is kind of weird wording. I'm not sure anyone actually uses 100% lead. Usually it's a mixture of tin or something else. When casting your own, plumbers lead is about as good as you can get, and it's 98%. People who cast for reloading cartridges will use 90% or lower lead.

I wouldn't use them but I also wouldn't be surprised if copper jacketed lead bullets were perfectly legal. They're certainly banned in cali on the basis of them being lead. But the one you linked looks like it's a 100% copper cali compliant round and wouldn't be allowed.

Goatface

Silver Baronet of the Realm
172d 12h 43m
was wondering is it normal to call coyotes, dogs? local place had a hunt and referred to them as dogs. Never seen that before.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
151d 23h 50m
It's already been a great year in the woods. My dog is figuring out grouse and the weather has been ridiculous. I'll get 2 more days before deer season starts.
IMG_20221023_105426.jpg