Hustlers (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Hustlers (2019)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Lorene Scafaria

Cast: Constance Wu, Jennifer Lopez, Julia Stiles, Keke Palmer, Lili Reinhart, Lizzo, Cardi B, Mercedes Ruehl, Trace Lysette, Mette Towley, Madeline Brewer, Stormi Maya, Tia Barr, Doris McCarthy, Steven Boyer, Vanessa Aspillaga, Ken Holmes

Release: 2019-09-12

Runtime: 107

Plot: Inspired by Jessica Pressler's "The Hustlers at Scores," which details a crew of savvy former strip club employees who band together to turn the tables on their Wall Street clients.

spronk

FPS noob
Movie is out this weekend, wasn't really on my radar but a few reviewers I follow have said its basically female Goodfellas (but not as good) but it also has strippers which... is pretty much my kinda movie. Story is simple, some strippers during the 2006-2009 wall street highs turn on their wall street clients after the market crash and hustle them (?). It stars Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu (Crazy Rich Asians), Julie Stiles (Bourne) and other randos.

Weirdly its playing in Dolby theaters at my AMC so i'm gonna go watch it, its 89% on Rotten Tomatoes (79/100 on MC) which seems a bit high. Cardi B one of the "stars" is a turn off.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah cardi B is probably the worst advertising you could do. We'll see if Julia shows tits or anything, but otherwise, meh.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Anyone who thinks this will be anywhere near as good as Goodfellas deserves what they get.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yeah cardi B is probably the worst advertising you could do. We'll see if Julia shows tits or anything, but otherwise, meh.

I fucking hate Cardi B. I explicitly hate that she got a pass on drugging and robbing men because "black."

She then went back on an earlier statement, explaining that she never drugged anyone. "B**ches don't have to put s**t in n***as' drinks, these n***as be going to [the] club getting drunk and getting high," she said. "I never put s**t in n***as' drinks. Yeah, I went through n***as' pockets. A lot of you b**ches be going through n***as' pockets for $40 to catch a cab 'cause a n***a don't want to give you that. Same s**t. Was I wrong for that? That was wrong, but I never f**kin' hurt nobody."

Pure fucking trash. Vomit.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Ell-o-Ell the majority of people on this forum are, without question, the last demographic this movie is targeted towards.

I am interested if the demographic it IS oriented towards puts out sufficient entertainment capital to sustain this type of movie. I guess "going to a movie" is largely going out of style anyway, so perhaps the numbers are askew.

Anyway, J-Lo needs to just go away now. Can barely stand her face anymore.

• 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thankfully I'm at work so I can't use sound, but I watched the video trying to figure out why they weren't listing Amber Heard in the credits. Turns out it is Lili Reinhart instead (Betty from Riverdale, which I actually watched a couple episodes of strictly due to all the smoking hot babes). She's fucking channeling the Amber Heard look hard in that trailer.

Still not enough to make me watch this unless someone tells me there is tons of nudity. Cardi B is enough to kill any boner I might get. J-Lo, I only ever liked on In Living Color. And Wu, while attractive in general, doesn't do it for me at all in that shitty wig/look.

spronk

FPS noob
Ell-o-Ell the majority of people on this forum are, without question, the last demographic this movie is targeted towards.

I am interested if the demographic it IS oriented towards puts out sufficient entertainment capital to sustain this type of movie. I guess "going to a movie" is largely going out of style anyway, so perhaps the numbers are askew.

Anyway, J-Lo needs to just go away now. Can barely stand her face anymore.

what exactly is the demo this is aimed at, women who love violence? All these "gangster/action" movies starring women have flopped miserably - the Kitchen with Melissa McCarthy, Tomb Raider, MIB International, Anna (which i loved), Oceans 8, Mercenaries, Dark Phoenix, Mortal Engines, Widows, Peppermint, the list is insanely huge with only Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman as the breakout "wins". The only movies that seem to work at all are tied into a comic book universe.

Guys love action movies with cool guys, hot chicks and fast cars. Women love rom-coms and Magic Mike/50 Shades type movies. Trying to flip flop the two is "brave" and "innovative" but also box office poison.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
2/10

Save yourself, DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE. The trailers are a total misdirect, this is not a heist or thriller movie in any way. Its a female friendship girl power movie. Which is fine, I have zero probs with that, but the trailers paint this as a sort of heist-y, see sexy chicks doing cool things kinda movie. NOPE. Its the J Lo and Constance Wu friendship hour of power, with the two of them talking and crying with each other for endless amounts of time. I wanted to kill myself halfway through.

For a movie where the majority of the cast are supposed to be strippers, none of them get naked. Or topless. Or wear anything other than lingerie. Saudi Arabian lingerie. While stripping on stage, in NYC. You know what you do see a lot of though? Dick. Well, not a lot, a few dong shots I guess to get that R rating, but you see way more dick than any other body part.

This is a movie aimed squarely at women, the wife enjoyed it although she disapproved of the language and strippers. This movie is total girl power and "men are just ATM machines", every stripper has a kid and is raising it without a daddy, all men are scumbags but also retards who drop $10k for a strip dance and nothing more. The entire conceit of the movie is that a few strippers decide to rip off their customers by roofying them and then charging their corporate credit cards to the max. Thats it. No cool "these strippers become bank robbers" or "they case a Wall Street safe and rob it Die Hard style", they are ... strippers doing usual stripper things.

On the plus side Cardi B is in the movie for maybe 2 minutes tops, you can tell her scenes because your ear drums want to explode. Also my wife promised a strip tease tonight to make up for this shitty movie.

• 1Worf

Maul

Dental Dammer
2/10

Save yourself, DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE. The trailers are a total misdirect, this is not a heist or thriller movie in any way. Its a female friendship girl power movie. Which is fine, I have zero probs with that, but the trailers paint this as a sort of heist-y, see sexy chicks doing cool things kinda movie. NOPE. Its the J Lo and Constance Wu friendship hour of power, with the two of them talking and crying with each other for endless amounts of time. I wanted to kill myself halfway through.

For a movie where the majority of the cast are supposed to be strippers, none of them get naked. Or topless. Or wear anything other than lingerie. Saudi Arabian lingerie. While stripping on stage, in NYC. You know what you do see a lot of though? Dick. Well, not a lot, a few dong shots I guess to get that R rating, but you see way more dick than any other body part.

This is a movie aimed squarely at women, the wife enjoyed it although she disapproved of the language and strippers. This movie is total girl power and "men are just ATM machines", every stripper has a kid and is raising it without a daddy, all men are scumbags but also retards who drop $10k for a strip dance and nothing more. The entire conceit of the movie is that a few strippers decide to rip off their customers by roofying them and then charging their corporate credit cards to the max. Thats it. No cool "these strippers become bank robbers" or "they case a Wall Street safe and rob it Die Hard style", they are ... strippers doing usual stripper things.

On the plus side Cardi B is in the movie for maybe 2 minutes tops, you can tell her scenes because your ear drums want to explode. Also my wife promised a strip tease tonight to make up for this shitty movie.
Your wife sounds like an utter cunt.

• 1Salty
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database