Hyper Syndicate

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Summary

Y Combinator and Techstars are the top 2 incubators currently. They have some big names like Stripe, Airbnb, Reddit and others that they’ve helped fund when the companies were just startups. After an experience with one of YC’s companies I got into a bad dispute and found they were committing unethical and board line illegal actions. It got to the point where I researched other incubator companies and found people were reporting the companies were running the same type of scam(s). This made me reexamine the larger companies like Stripe and that’s where I’m at now. There’s companies within companies, schemes within schemes and there’s no way I could research this on my own. This is truly the definition of organized crime and I believe it gets bigger than just YC and TS.

Main

I dealt with the syndicates refund scams firsthand and 1000s of other people have similar experiences with their companies. And 1000s of fake reviews to cover the bad ones up.

With PayPal I had a hell of a time finding any chargeback issues compared to Stripe who is littered with them. It's all about consistency.

The confidence I have it's a syndicate stems from my interactions with one of their (y combinator) companies regarding a dispute. It was pretty brutal dealing with them but I took note of their methods: gaslight, offer partial refund for little to no work, cite a sketchy contract, more gaslighting then ignore the customer until the window closes for refunds/chargebacks (~120 days). Finally, gave in and started looking for answers. I searched a few employees and eventually found that they had 4 other companies all with bad reputations. Searched more and finally came across that 1 of the 4 companies was funded by y combinator. That’s when I found tons of companies with a similar MO just like the ones I presented in my original post. Through social media I even found companies with other incubators referenced (Techstars)

That many fraudulent companies coming out of “elite schools” that are harder to get in than Harvard and Stanford showing that many signs of fraud? The rest was trying to figure out how and what kind of frauds they are committing from the limited information we have access to and getting enough evidence to present it to the authorities in the respect countries these companies reside.

All those companies I listed have customers who had same/similar experiences to me. I took this knowledge and applied it to the big companies. Stripe for instance gets $15 per chargeback and after so many you're not only screwed with doing business with Stripe your screwed with doing business with the card network which is comprised of Visa, MC, etc. They destroy businesses and profit at the same time. That's just one scam - they can freeze accounts for no reason and also hold money for long periods. With the amount and frequency of complaints it's hard to ignore Stripe, Airbnb, Coinbase and the rest. The reviews are all over FB, Trustpilot and other sources. The reviews also reveal the fact that for every one review you see there's many more that haven't been reported. Visa also has a healthy stake in Stripe.

Other signs:

• Using SEO to push back sites that have bad reviews - sometimes 3 pages.
  • Bad customer service is usually the telltale sign there’s other issues lurking.
  • Mentions (threats) of contracts that wouldn’t hold up in court.
  • Reputation management overkill is a sign there's more issues going on.
  • Failed companies that don't announce they are closing up shop on social media.
  • Using a non-research company to research basic income.

All of these issues are systemic. Venture capitalist (VC) and angel investors (AI) are being constantly reported for bad behavior. Abusing power and coercing women to have sex for startup money.

All this seedy behavior trickles down.

Template

Created a template along the way for organization
[company] ([status]) – [type of business]
a. [relevant review(s)]
b. [payment processor]
c. [links to TS/YC]
d. [(co)founder]
e. [funding]
f. [common traits]
g. [additional information]

If you want a quick dose of what’s going on check out Clutch Prep because it’s the best example of how these companies operate. Separated the links but they are in order with the highlighted words:

Clutch Prep (Active) – Online Education
a. BBB , Facebook Reviews
b. Stripe
f. Difficult to Cancel, Argumentative, Aggressive (2 nd comment, 1 st reply), Stealing
g. Awesome example of the gaslighting and “our terms say…” tactics that Company X
used. Their long-winded replies in the BBB complaint shows you how unprofessional and
aggressive they are towards customers. 130+ Facebook reviews is the most I’ve ever seen
for a company their size (crunchbase says 11-50 employees). Playing hide-and-seek phone number
game like Stripe. Best part is I didn’t have to look for the payment processor since they
name dropped Stripe on BBB. This post states shortly after people subscribe, they’re
getting emails for discounts which Clutch Prep won’t honor. Same charge issue as BBB
but Clutch Prep employee actually blames customers and not their policy in the reply.
Playing keep the customers money game. They’re all over teacher ratings on Rate My
Professor
dishing out nasty reviews and promoting their product (Google to see more).
Pretty sure they are mobsters after
this post.
Clutch Learning, Inc | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile
https://www.facebook.com/clutchprep/reviews/
https://www.facebook.com/zachary.ingrao/posts/2060290567316178:0
https://www.facebook.com/dacares/posts/10210244461447280:0
https://www.facebook.com/ffossjr/posts/10211646119887197:0
https://www.facebook.com/caron.fish/posts/10154572160138397:0

Elizabeth Clizbe at University at Buffalo (SUNY Buffalo) - RateMyProfessors.com
https://www.facebook.com/susan.collins.14473/posts/660207067519327:0

Links - Updating

Techstar Companies
(not a full list)

Brightkite - literally first company. Had a lot of bad reviews covered up by fake ones concerning fraud.

Dailyburn- Bait-in-switch

Rezora - quote: “Free Mailchimp account better than this”

InvitedHome - refund related issues

Nestio - No customer service. Boarder line fraudulent contract.

Placester - Reviews on active rain.

SocialEngine - way overpriced vs competition

Wantworthy - first failed researched. They disappeared without a word. Which you see a lot.

Remitly - cash transfer that’s suspect for holding cash like Stripe.

Shopsy - failed company but appears to given software to an Indian company. No mention anywhere.

Bench - price gouging

ClassPass - hard to cancel and bad cs

Karma - runners up for being the worst human beings that are involved with SFS

Styku - deceptive trail period

Prism/Mobilligy/PayNearMe - name change for no reason, money handler money and owner paynearme is shady.

FitReserve - this is classpass v2.0

AppSheet - False advertising, no refund

Plated - Misleading and more refund issues.

Osper - refund issues, missing money

Gone - App Store and app Annie had a ton of bad reviews. Deleting accounts and not paying are the main problems

Designlab - Tons of fake reviews, bait-n-switch

Keen Home - refund and shipping problems

Infinit - No cs, refund issues

Clutch Prep - worst people in all of SFS. Beyond the stuff you read on FB, etc they also hound teachers on ratemyprofessor.

Brewbot - Got a kickstarter and techstars funding but after 5 years still don’t have it made. Did open a bar with part of their money though!

Burpy - Tons of odd and hidden charges. Deceptive marketing, no refund, bait-n-switch, price gouging.

Lawnstarter - refund issues, bad cs, no call, no show, bait-n-switch. Have a subsidiary: Empireish

Still getting some of this organized.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Created summary below for another board that likes the crowdsourcing justice scene. Didn’t want credit:

Some guy went out of his way just to make that stripesucks.org

Here’s Techstar companies to give you an idea:

These types of fraudulent activities are consistent with y combinator companies as well (y combinator didn’t show signs till 2009.) When you hit 2013/14 you’ll notice an improvement in fake reviews but they still post insanely high amounts.

Once you go further in you’ll find VCs and AIs with y combinator abuse their power with women startup founders. Some of this is funded by the govt so it’s like a high tech grooming operation partly paid for by our tax dollars. y combinator is also a “research” company now because they are researching ‘basic income’

In 2012 the White House handed out some money to these incubators through Startup America. A lot of the globalist offensives happening make more sense when you look at the ties and actions these companies have. The systematic takedown and scapegoating of Gab is one.

I’m having issues posting this on other boards. For some reason my computer starts to lag (mouse will disappear) or the post says it’s posted but it’s gone shortly after. Repost where you can.

....tad? Is that you?

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
2OggKej.jpg

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
uncovered an international crime syndicate

seo exploitation was the first sign

then saw various schemes by a flagship:

stripe

turns out it's killing small businesses by freezing accounts

(see stripesucks.org for more info)

You lost me at the after first sentence. Whats is a seo? What do you mean by flagship? How go they kill small businesses by freezing accounts?

You have to provide us with a more detailed description of what is going on and not assume we know what you're talking about.

• 3Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Should we execute this thread or send it to Fortificationthe rickshaw?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You lost me at the after first sentence. Whats is a seo? What do you mean by flagship? How go they kill small businesses by freezing accounts?

You have to provide us with a more detailed description of what is going on and not assume we know what you're talking about.

seo = search engine optimization

you can kill small businesses by freezing accounts for several months and cutting off the cash flow they need to operate. paypal has been doing this for almost 20 years and has killed thousands of businesses

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
seo = search engine optimization

you can kill small businesses by freezing accounts for several months and cutting off the cash flow they need to operate. paypal has been doing this for almost 20 years and has killed thousands of businesses

And now one of the Paypal founders is sending military satellites into space. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!!!11!!

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing

My bad for not having it all together. There’s so much to explain that’s the quickest summary I came up with. I’ll expand on this later unless the threads gone.

And now one of the Paypal founders is sending military satellites into space. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!!!11!!

You’re getting awful defensive, bro. What’s wrong? PayPal has done nothing on the scale of Stripe. The chargeback (disputes) scams, account freezes and the correlation it has between other companies in the syndicate are compelling enough for law enforcement to investigate.

• 1Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh this is just another vector of the whole fake internet issue.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
DOS Bullfrog Sydicate is one of my best DOS game memories
1025174_screenhi_930x524_en_US_03.jpg

How the fuck these fag as shit mags gave it low scores over 20 years ago is disgusting
d33763c5eaecab60577bebf322e3fcc1.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
The issue with the first post being vague is a combination of the high probability it is in-fact a syndicate and CYA in the event of legal happenings. The previous comments about it being a conspiracy theory are well warranted due to the information given. I dealt with their refund scams firsthand and 1000s of other people have similar experiences with syndicate's companies. With 1000s more "reputation management" (fake) reviews to cover the bad ones up.

With PayPal I had a hell of a time finding any chargeback issues compared to Stripe who is littered with them. It's all about consistency.

The confidence I have it's a syndicate started with an issue I had with one of their companies (y combinator) regarding a dispute. It was pretty brutal dealing with them but I took note of their methods: gaslight, offer partial refund for little to no work, cite a sketchy contract, more gaslighting then ignore the customer until your window closes for refunds/chargebacks (~120 days). Finally, gave in and started looking for answers. I searched a few employees and eventually found that they had 4 other companies all with bad reputations. Searched more and finally came across that one company was funded by y combinator. That’s when I found tons of companies with the same/similar MO just like the ones I presented in my original post. Through social media I found companies with other incubators referenced (Techstars)

That many fraudulent companies coming out of “elite schools” that are harder to get in than Harvard showing that many signs of fraud? The rest was trying to figure out how and what kind of frauds they are committing from the limited knowledge we have access to and getting enough evidence to present it to the authorities in the respect countries these companies reside.

All those companies I listed have customers who had same/similar experiences that I had. I took this knowledge and applied what I knew about chargebacks to the big companies. Stripe for instance gets $15 per chargeback and after so many you're not only screwed with doing business with Stripe your screwed with doing business with the card network which is comprised of Visa, MC, etc. They destroy businesses and profit at the same time. That's just one scam - they can freeze accounts for no reason and also hold money for long periods. With the amount and frequency of complaints it's hard to ignore Stripe, Airbnb, Coinbase and the rest. The reviews are all over FB, Trustpilot and other sources. The reviews also reveal the fact that for every one review you see there's many more that haven't been reported.

Other signs:
  • Bad customer service is usually the telltale sign there’s other issues lurking.
  • Failed companies that don't announce they are closing up shop on social media.
If you want a quick dose of what’s going on check out Clutch Prep (this was the company that made me realize this was a syndicate) or Airbnb.

All of these issues are systemic. Venture capitalist (VC) and angel investors (AI) are being constantly reported for bad behavior. Abusing power and coercing women to have sex for startup money is one. But check this scam out:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-used-scam-in-Venture-Capital

i'm gonna repost this post as shilling, cuz your quora link
1. no one here uses shitty quora
2. quora is the new "yahoo answers" of parasitic SEO.

remove your link, find a better vetted link and we can go from there.
Amod Amod other guys in SEO can back me up on #2

• 3Like
i'm gonna repost this post as shilling, cuz your quora link
1. no one here uses shitty quora
2. quora is the new "yahoo answers" of parasitic SEO.

remove your link, find a better vetted link and we can go from there.
Amod Amod other guys in SEO can back me up on #2

Done. I'll get back to you on the other links.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Dear H Hoozen ,

What can this random collection of gamers, shit posters, autists, and information terrorists do to aid you in your quest?

And by that I mean;

What the fuck are you talking about and why are you telling us? (By us I mean this message board site in particular)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Summary

Y Combinator and Techstars are the top 2 incubators currently. They have some big names like Stripe, Airbnb, Reddit and others that they’ve helped fund when the companies were just startups. After an experience with one of YC’s companies I got into a bad dispute and found they were committing unethical and board line illegal actions. It got to the point where I researched other incubator companies and found people were reporting the companies were running the same type of scam(s). This made me reexamine the larger companies like Stripe and that’s where I’m at now. There’s companies within companies, schemes within schemes and there’s no way I could research this on my own. This is truly the definition of organized crime and I believe it gets bigger than just YC and TS.

Main

I dealt with the syndicates refund scams firsthand and 1000s of other people have similar experiences with their companies. And 1000s of fake reviews to cover the bad ones up.

The confidence I have it's a syndicate stems from my interactions with one of their (y combinator) companies regarding a dispute. It was pretty brutal dealing with them but I took note of their methods: gaslight, offer partial refund for little to no work, cite a sketchy contract, more gaslighting then ignore the customer until the window closes for refunds/chargebacks (~120 days). Finally, gave in and started looking for answers. I searched a few employees and eventually found that they had 4 other companies all with bad reputations. Searched more and finally came across that 1 of the 4 companies was funded by y combinator. That’s when I found tons of companies with a similar MO just like the ones I presented in my original post. Through social media I even found companies with other incubators referenced (Techstars)

That many fraudulent companies coming out of “elite schools” that are harder to get in than Harvard and Stanford showing that many signs of fraud? The rest was trying to figure out how and what kind of frauds they are committing from the limited information we have access to and getting enough evidence to present it to the authorities in the respect countries these companies reside.

All those companies I listed have customers who had same/similar experiences to me. I took this knowledge and applied it to the big companies. Stripe for instance gets $15 per chargeback and after so many you're not only screwed with doing business with Stripe your screwed with doing business with the card network which is comprised of Visa, MC, etc. They destroy businesses and profit at the same time. That's just one scam - they can freeze accounts for no reason and also hold money for long periods. With the amount and frequency of complaints it's hard to ignore Stripe, Airbnb, Coinbase and the rest. The reviews are all over FB, Trustpilot and other sources. The reviews also reveal the fact that for every one review you see there's many more that haven't been reported. Visa also has a healthy stake in Stripe.

Other signs:

All of these issues are systemic. Venture capitalist (VC) and angel investors (AI) are being constantly reported for bad behavior. Abusing power and coercing women to have sex for startup money.

Template

Created a template along the way for organization

If you want a quick dose of what’s going on check out Clutch Prep because it’s the best example of how these companies operate. Separated the links but they are in order with the highlighted words:

Links - Updating

Techstar Companies
(not a full list)

Still getting some of this organized.

Cool story, bro

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity