I am being given a business

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brad2770

I did the follow up with the chiropractor yesterday. He text me last night around 9pm asking how it went. He wasn’t there. Then started talking about his love of metal, fast cars and loud stereos. He’s about the same age as me. We chatted for about 30 minutes. Said he wanted me to meet some of his friends.

Today one of the rich customers I service with my full time job told me his 24 year old son just got his realtor license. After some chatting, I’m now his son’s go to guy for pest control. Next spring I’ll be taking over the pest control at the customer’s home as well.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Brad2770

I want to clarify the above post. Both of those guys know my full story, so maybe they feel obligated to help out or like what I went through to get where I am.

I actually serviced the chiropractor’s house this morning with my full time job and he told me the friends he wants me to meet have 20 rental houses here in DFW. They are coming down in Aug. and he wants me to meet them and see if I can get their houses. Says he recommended his landscaper 2 years back and he has been doing their properties ever since.

Also, I get my truck wrap on Thursday. This has to be the thing I’m most excited about. It makes it feel truly legit.

6F2C5499-74B8-4C06-92AD-13A47B637987.jpeg

And not trying to farm likes. Until it’s truly rolling, I just wanted to give updates mostly to document the very beginning. I know this will be something I will look back on with fond memories.

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Brad2770

I debated placing this here, but I figure most of us are adults and I’m too proud of this and excited about it not to show it off.

F14FFD04-805D-4DB2-A0D0-199633390D5F.jpeg

• 15Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 18 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It needs a big MAGA sign on the door :)
Personally I would keep all of my personal beliefs out of my business. My work pushes their shit down my throat and I hate them for it. I know customers hate them for it as well. A business should be a business, with the purpose of making money not pushing beliefs.

Also, I know you were just half joking, I’m just saying.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Personally I would keep all of my personal beliefs out of my business. My work pushes their shit down my throat and I hate them for it. I know customers hate them for it as well. A business should be a business, with the purpose of making money not pushing beliefs.

I was 100% joking, thus the smiley face.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

I have seen a few construction companies that have 2A stickers and such. If I needed their services, I know it would be something that would make me consider them more, but I also know things like that might dissuade others as well. I assure you, I won’t be bring my beliefs into my business.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Looks awesome man. Add something to your driver and passenger doors with the website and a phone number.

That’s down the road. I do have the phone number. Just marked it out to avoid trolls. My number is on my truck 3 times.

I want to add the website to the doors and also font match my TPCL on the fender, but that’s another $1000 to do the two front fenders and two front doors. That will be next year.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

Vote for any politician with the balls to get all corporate money and influence out of politics. At least the legal stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Vote for any politician with the balls to get all corporate money and influence out of politics. At least the legal stuff.

Meaning no Republicans or Democrats unfortunately.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Brad2770

My full time employer just informed me that Friday is my last day. My boss said he could not feel that he was doing his job properly if he allowed me to continue working there with the conflict of interest.

I guess I’ll file for unemployment tonight.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
My full time employer just informed me that Friday is my last day. My boss said he could not feel that he was doing his job properly if he allowed me to continue working there with the conflict of interest.

I guess I’ll file for unemployment tonight.
What did you do before?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
To be honest I thought you had already quit. Starting your own business in the same industry you are currently employed in is generally frowned upon universally.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Well, I was open and honest with them and informed them of my progress. I have no intentions of stealing business. It’s whatever. A little frightening, but I am a man that lived in my car to build this up. No way in hell this will slow me down or stop me.

I bid a golf course yesterday to treat the greens. Got the job. Also picked up a general pest and mosquito treatment from the guy that showed me around the course.

And the guy the got me this referral: The man I was originally supposed to go into business with.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users