I am being given a business

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You are being the problem again. It doesn't matter how good you are at the job if you are the one that causes problems and drama every goddamn day of the week and has to remind everyone of how good you are. Your boss is already looking for your replacement because anyone "reminding" them of why good employees quit already have one foot out the door. Stop taking your emotions to work with you.

It also sounds like you can ignore everything I said above because of some situation; well take one goddamn second and think about a time in your life where someone had you by the balls knowing that you had to rely on them and instead of being understanding and compassionate they decided to lord it over you like some infant getting a tiny taste of "power." That sounds like you right now. Situations always change and not thinking through to a day when you no longer hold all the cards is a mistake.
I wish Brad well but he sounds like my trainer who had 20 years experience and all these accolades but couldn't show up to work. At some point if doesn't matter.

A wise man once told me "Everyone's replaceable, the only question is how much is it going to cost me."

It's only ever a question of dollars at the end of the day and eventually the price gets worth paying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I’m not losing my job. I’m not worried about that. I am way too valuable

Good luck with that theory. Your posts here remind me so much of my sister's ex who was a plumber and never stopped talking about how amazing he was and how stupid and worthless everyone else in his company was. My sister dumped him and now he's in jail, probably still bitching about how unfair everything is. He did run a gas line for my kitchen and plumb the drains in my basement bathroom so I don't totally regret the relationship.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
Next post from Brad will be "So I'm living in my truck...."

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The worst part of this entire scenario is we never got to see the titties on the boss' daughter. And neither will Brad, apparently.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I’m not losing my job. I’m not worried about that. I am way too valuable, especially considering the situation. I know this and I flex it. Im not a yes man and I’m definitely not a slave. These guys have known me long enough I’m like this and they still employ me.

Good employees don’t quit because they can’t do the job. They quit because of bad management and shitty pay. I gently remind them of that. Ok, not gently.
This is the grown up section, so at some point you may want to try acting like one with your boss. That idiotic drivel right there? That will be what gets you fired. Take that bloated head out back and deflate it. Have an actual adult conversation with your boss. Start it with, "I'm sorry I've been such an egotistical douchebag lately..." and start working *with* him instead of against him. If you are a good worker and good person you will be able to smooth this over. If you want to be treated like a professional you have to act like one.

Or ignore this all and continue being a dick. We will laugh at you and move on like we always do, because this is FOH. But you still have a chance to have a better outcome. I hope you take it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
But you still have a chance to have a better outcome.
Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have an actual adult conversation with your boss. Start it with, "I'm sorry I've been such an egotistical douchebag lately..." and start working *with* him instead of against him. If you are a good worker and good person you will be able to smooth this over.
This advice multiple people have expressed. The number one thing people want is an acknowledgement that you recognize what you did was wrong. Because if you can acknowledge it, then there is a chance you won't repeat it.

Brad2770 Brad2770 I have followed this thread from the beginning. Lots of folks here have rooted for you. Yes you had some bad luck. But the one constant seems to be your inability to take advice from people who might have some insight into your situations.

You are a grown ass man and will do what you want to do. One of the paths forward in life is accepting someone else might have a better way of doing things and taking advice even if it isn't "your way".

And now I return you to your regularly scheduled FOH trainwreck.

Brad2770

I’m going to shut up and work down here until my lease is up. Then I’m moving back to Fort Worth to accomplish what I was going to originally do.

It’s nothing to do with my boss, it’s what I want. This isn’t what I want. I would be settling and there was someone awhile back that said I shouldn’t settle for anything less. The desire to be my own man is too overwhelming.

What’s strange, I don’t think the move down here was for the promotion. I realize what I still want, but life has been too easy the last couple of years, so no pressure. As hard as I am working now, it reminds me that I would rather be doing it for myself, not someone else.

The race is long, but in the end, it’s only with yourself.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brad2770

So the OldMan that I was originally going to start my business with, him and I have mended our relationship after the other OldMan I took care of passed away last September (They were both friends and the guys that taught me pest control). We have been going to his get away property about an hour outside of Ft. Worth. Shooting guns, fishing, watching old westerns. The last month or so, we have been discussing firing my business back up. I still have my EIN and all my LLC paperwork current. Just need to get insurance and get equipment.

He wants to get it going. We are supposed to talk next month.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So the OldMan that I was originally going to start my business with, him and I have mended our relationship after the other OldMan I took care of passed away last September (They were both friends and the guys that taught me pest control). We have been going to his get away property about an hour outside of Ft. Worth. Shooting guns, fishing, watching old westerns. The last month or so, we have been discussing firing my business back up. I still have my EIN and all my LLC paperwork current. Just need to get insurance and get equipment.

He wants to get it going. We are supposed to talk next month.

Do you have a plan this time? Last time you had a pretty unfortunate accident that took you out, but you at least know the cost of equipment and expenses for a month. You sound like you have a well paying job so now is the time to sock away every single bit of money you can in order to cover expenses in case something else happens. Have you created a business budget and determined how long it will take you to save up 3 or 6 months worth of starting capital?

Brad2770

I don’t have a plan. What I do have is a desire to be greater than I am now and I’m willing to work hard for it. That puts me far ahead of most other shit stains that steal oxygen from me.

I had a plan the first go around. Pay off debt and build the business. I had broken down into either 1 year or 3 years. I went the extreme route and pretty much accomplished my goal. I was honest with my employer about my intentions and even gave them reassurance by offering them to see my first 3 years of financial records so they knew I wasn’t stealing business. They fired me anyways, so that plan didn’t work.

I also had insane insurance to cover any mishaps in case something happened to my truck. They fucked me for a year and a half.

Fuck this shit about planning, you guys can go fuck yourself. I’ll wing it and I’ll be just fine.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The modern day Ubermensch, ready to take over the world. How? No fucking clue, but by god it'll happen.

• 1Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The modern day Ubermensch, ready to take over the world. How? No fucking clue, but by god it'll happen.
Man, that post took a twist I didn't see coming. I fully expected seeing your name as the most recent post to come in here and see you white knight brad since you loooove white knighting stupid shit.

• 1NPC