I am being given a business

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man, that post took a twist I didn't see coming. I fully expected seeing your name as the most recent post to come in here and see you white knight brad since you loooove white knighting stupid shit.
Yeah, it makes sense to respond to this here in the grownup forum, in a completely unrelated thread and post, instead of wherever I got your panties in a twist. I'm guessing it was stating factual numbers in a movie thread?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don’t have a plan.
They have this invention. Its called a business plan. Its pretty popular in the business world. I have been behind you since the beginning boss, but lately you havent been making the best decisions. This whole "I am gonna wing it" shit, is continuing down the path of bad decisions.

Pause, take a breath, and do a little self examination. Back in the beginning of this thread you had the right idea. Maybe go back and reread this thread at the beginning.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can be the best at whatever it is you do, but you need relationships and referrals to move up as well. Part of what got me into management today isn't just what I know, but who I knew and my relationship with them. In my case, it was an individual who does food safety training at companies across the world who liked me enough to recommend me to my current GM. Had I just been some obnoxious know it all at her classes I'd have stayed a bog standard supervisor for who knows how much longer.

Also, you'd be surprised how small all these "worlds" are. In my world, the food industry, we know everyone and what everyone is doing. You begin to see the same names over and over again, and they all talk with each other. I can guarantee you this is no different in the pest control world, and your boss who you're about to cut ties and burn bridges with will know plenty of the same people you will have to deal with in the future. I'm not saying you'll never be able to make it without him, but you also aren't doing yourself any favors with every bridge you burn.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

I’m not screwing anyone over, but this is the shot I’m up against:

today every tech (Ft. Worth and San Antonio) is running $1600 revenue for the day. I have $2200. I have other duties on top of that. San Antonio also has a larger driving range.

I have no time to get my other duties done other than coming In Saturday and working for free, like I did last Saturday getting tires replaced on a truck and getting oil changed.

I understand if it’s a one off, but it’s all the time. I barely have free time. I took this position, knowing I would have less over all pay, but a lot more free time. As of now, I have both: No free time and no extra pay.

for 2022, I did anywhere between 40-60k more revenue than the next guy below me. He’s 10 years younger and in way better health. Not only that, but San Antonio was poorly managed and I came down here several times to cover the ass of the owner that poorly managed it.

Brad2770

By the way, I haven’t mentioned a few key things that I’m still trying to iron out that will make a difference in this stuff. I’ll know within the next few weeks.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
By the way, I haven’t mentioned a few key things that I’m still trying to iron out that will make a difference in this stuff. I’ll know within the next few weeks.
Unless one of those things is an actual business plan just stop right there and go get that done first and foremost. Seriously. I was taught that shit in high school, and it will A) Help you know your budget and get a handle on your basic organization and goals, and B) help you secure lines of credit.

Brad2770

Unless one of those things is an actual business plan just stop right there and go get that done first and foremost. Seriously. I was taught that shit in high school, and it will A) Help you know your budget and get a handle on your basic organization and goals, and B) help you secure lines of credit.
My lines of credit right now is a hillbilly millionaire.

Im going in August to get details. I’ll have more info after the second week of august. Seriously, this shit is shaping up and shaping up fast.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Not at all. But I did tell them this morning I didn’t want the management position anymore. That they would also not be using my license anymore.

Go big or go home.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don’t have a plan.
parks and rec geek GIF

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

Well, I have been informed that he will buy a truck outright instead of going through fleet.

So I guess my protesting is working.

Brad2770

Yes. Twice yesterday.

I’ll never be a guy that just falls in line “because that’s how it’s done”

fuck that. And you guys just badgering me about it only reinforces that I’m going to stand up for myself within the work place. My working conditions aren’t harsh, but I’m surely being taken advantage of. I’m sure that could be debated from the perspective of my boss. I have witnessed bad business decisions since I have came here. I’m two years in and have reached my breaking point. They can go fuvk themselves or cave to my requests.

You guys can just go fuck yourself.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yes. Twice yesterday.

fuck that. And you guys just badgering me about it only reinforces that I’m going to stand up for myself within the work place. My working conditions aren’t harsh, but I’m surely being taken advantage of. I’m sure that could be debated from the perspective of my boss. I have witnessed bad business decisions since I have came here. I’m two years in and have reached my breaking point. They can go fuvk themselves or cave to my requests.

Bad news for you dude.

There's only one person in that company who isn't expendable, and she's got the boss's last name.

The sooner you learn this, the better you will be. If you're unhappy, fucking quit. Don't just be a bitch until you inevitably get terminated.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yes. Twice yesterday.

Now we have found the root of your problem; it is your massive disdain/jealousy of anyone YOU see as an authority or "above you." I know your exact type because my own father is the exact same way. He worked his whole career as an electrician and refused put forth the tiny amount of effort it would have required to become a foreman, office manager, or even just team lead because (and I quote) "those guys are all lairs and cheaters, fuck them for taking advantage of working guys like me." He is the epitome of the saying that people will cut off their nose to spite their face.

We all learned that fighting against the owners/investors/managerial class is useless because there is always another one of you. The loser in that scenario is always the employee unless they have another job lined up or can become an entrepreneur and work for themselves. Guess what? You want the latter but tried it and failed. Until you can try again you are at the mercy of others that will work with you and all you can do is complain about how much they take advantage of you. Guess what? You may be right, but they are the boss and own the company and you are the employee. That is the way of the world since the beginning of civilization.

Finally, after being told time and again that we want you to succeed and that you should do a little self-evaluation because WE HAVE BEEN IN SOME POSITION LIKE YOU AND MADE THE WRONG CHOICE so we have valuable information about how to avoid that, what do you do? You CHOOSE to ignore our advice, then cast us as part of the villain class in your mind and tell us to go fuck ourselves.

I truly hope you succeed in building your own business and making your own way because you are an unreliable employee and will make a bi-polar and impossible to please boss. Good fucking luck.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yes. Twice yesterday.

And this is why you fail. No one has been telling you to fall in line. We have been telling you not to act like a douchebag, because we want you to succeed instead of fail again.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users