Idle Heroes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Do you mean the gem fund and the monthly card discounts? That’s not part of this event. Gem fund is one time and gives about 15k gems total, and the monthly card discount is for first purchase of each (since they added the discount).

The gem fund is definitely an excellent deal if you aren’t f2p

Oh I thought it was part of the event, because the value pack thing says something about a sale. I have long "retired" from IH in terms of spending money, but I still play for my guild, and this made me buy all the cards and the gem fund. I've been 100% F2P for 9 months now.

Also, the real hook is that your VIP level is tied to your monthly card. When you go without a monthly card, you get pretty much zero benefit from your VIP sub. A little bit (eg: I get a ton of tavern quests each day), but not much.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Ok so a question for those higher up in the game. I've noticed some 5 stars have 4 abilities and some have 3. The dark/light get called elite. Are the 5 stars with 4 abilities elite also since I've gotten them from elite fragments? Also I've noticed on branch trades the 3 ability guys seem to return a 3 ability trade. If you are willing to spend 100 branches on a trade should it be a 4 ability guy so you can maybe get a 4 ability guy you need for upgrades?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok so a question for those higher up in the game. I've noticed some 5 stars have 4 abilities and some have 3. The dark/light get called elite. Are the 5 stars with 4 abilities elite also since I've gotten them from elite fragments? Also I've noticed on branch trades the 3 ability guys seem to return a 3 ability trade. If you are willing to spend 100 branches on a trade should it be a 4 ability guy so you can maybe get a 4 ability guy you need for upgrades?

The "Elite" are not just L/D. There are Non-LD "Elite" fragments, and LD only "Elite" fragments. The "Elite" are the good heroes in the faction. Click the fragments in your bag, and cclick the hourglass to see what you can get.

1550434715868.png

You are also correct that the heroes that are 5 star with 1 ability and 2 passives are certainly non-elite.

As for the branch trades, it's my understanding and experience you can get an elite from a non-elite branch. You can get *anything* from that faction, with the exception of the most new heros. But you could get Heart Watcher from a Faceless, for example.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ok so a question for those higher up in the game. I've noticed some 5 stars have 4 abilities and some have 3.
The difference is natural 5* vs non natural 5 stars. Natural ones are those that don’t have a 4 star version, and they always have 4 abilities and can be progressed all the way to 10* and ultimately e3. The non natural 5 stars have 4 star versions and can only progress to 9*. The non natural ones therefore are always fodder for endgame

The dark/light get called elite. Are the 5 stars with 4 abilities elite also since I've gotten them from elite fragments?
Elite shards just have a much larger pool of heroes they can pull, including all of the top non light/dark heroes (for the standard elite shards). There is some overlap between standard shards and elite shards where both can give the same hero, but elite shards are much better.

Also I've noticed on branch trades the 3 ability guys seem to return a 3 ability trade. If you are willing to spend 100 branches on a trade should it be a 4 ability guy so you can maybe get a 4 ability guy you need for upgrades?

The branch swap just takes a hero and “randomly” rolls any other 5* hero of the same faction. So it can be a non natural or natural hero. It’s not truly random of course. The good heroes have a much lower rate of showing up, with the most likely being the “common” natural 5 star heroes that you can also get from normal 5* hero shards

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hidarake

Silver Squire
Is it better to focus on the guild tech that most of my heroes use or to kinda evenly distribute my tech advancement? (Currently have 3 assasin and 1 each of warrior, priest and ranger)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I understand this, I’m asking if I should focus assasin tech, or more evenly level up my different techs.

I'd focus on what heroes you use the most. It would help you a lot, most likely, to level one up that you use the most. For example, let's assume you are very reliant on Sigmund for your damage, then you'd want to focus on warrior tech. That wil help give you a short-term boost while you level up everything else.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I understand this, I’m asking if I should focus assasin tech, or more evenly level up my different techs.
which ever hero is your best, eventually you'll have a 10* and then e1/e2/e3 hero, pump all into that hero.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
with this next po event i should have an e3 valk, after that i don't know if i want to e3 a dh, or work on 9* xia or try to find a 5th barton for 10*, i have 1 aspen and i guess i'll save my leafs for him, from now on.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
with this next po event i should have an e3 valk, after that i don't know if i want to e3 a dh, or work on 9* xia or try to find a 5th barton for 10*, i have 1 aspen and i guess i'll save my leafs for him, from now on.
Xia has fallen off pretty hard, she’s good for marauders still but not great in pvp. Valentino and Ormus are both solid for pvp, both PO rewards.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So it looks like we are getting e5 heroes sometime in the next month or two. Takes a hero copy plus a 10* random to go from e3-e4 and e4-e5

Also brave trial update should hit this week sometime

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
New Brave Trial is kinda meh. I really hate that there is no new store and instead you have to buy from chests you have to earn which may or may not have something you want. Really sucks, since I have like 400,000 scales.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah it’s pretty shitty. Matches are even worse than before, punished for having a higher power team

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Indeed. Also, what is the point anyway? I have 3 maxed out pets and I haven't even touched brave trial in probably 6months.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Indeed. Also, what is the point anyway? I have 3 maxed out pets and I haven't even touched brave trial in probably 6months.
Because you can get more than pet materials now. Top tier heroes can be bought with scales, like Aida, aspen, Valk, etc.

You ca also buy fodder for much more reasonable prices than before

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
They recently changed the requirements for fusing heroes. No more specific hero needed for fusion:

Screenshot_20200410-113947_Idle Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-113953_Idle Heroes.jpg

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
They've update the celestial island. Demolished all the buildings and refunded the resources used to upgrade, then updated the buildings you can build. Some are the same with increased level cap, and new ones for hero bonuses. (Atk, HP, speed)

Also added a new function "adventure." You prepare a fleet to send out (using heroes) and get 1 fleet stamina every 144mins to use looking for faster or other routes, fight other players, rescue fleets for cargo, find merchants, among other things.

Screenshot_20200427-102130_Idle Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20200427-102117_Idle Heroes.jpg