"I'm a fucking idiot, what do I do now?", he said to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
have you killed her yet?

What's the hold up?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, so the whole "my kid forget to put it in the mail" turned into "give me 200 bucks for the title"?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No but seriously, make sure she doesn't sign off on the title so we can have some more entertainment over your blank title. Hopefully you don't notice that the lien is still on it too.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Ok, sorry to leave you all out in the blue. I have been talking about it so much to every member of my family and friends in real life, and getting so worked up over it, I just haven't had the desire. Here's the update.

So, after all the stuff Friday (I'll go into detail on that at the end of the post), I spent some time cooling down, then spent the evening with my wife and kids and just tried to calm down with dad stuff. As far as my kids know, I'm always happy joking daddy (At one point I made them take a bubble bath, and during their bath I came in with a potato and told them "This is Taterboy, he's your new brother, no one can get out of the bath until you are all clean, so you have to help your new brother, since he's a big dumb potato", and threw it in the tub with them. They cracked up. When they got out of the tub I said I needed to check if they were clean, and to hand me Tater cause I'm going to check him first. They handed him over, and I took a big bite of it and went "Wow, he tastes so good. I bet you guys taste good too! Come here!" and chased them around pretending to eat them. I love my kids.), so being around them made me pretend to be happy, which helped a lot.

After we got them to bed I watched a show with my wife, and we went to bed too, around 10:30. I got out of bed just after midnight because I couldn't sleep, as I was just lying in bed thinking about this whole stupid thing. I got up and hung out online, played FF most of the night and crashed as the sun was coming up.

Nothing new Saturday. Talking with people I decided, there was no harm in me callingtitlemaxMonday, and asking them to make the transaction for me. I would text her Monday afternoon and say "There's $200 atTitlemaxfor you. I can't get to Vegas or get anyone else to meet with you, so I'm sorry about that, but you can swing by and drop it off for the $200 at any point".

Again, I expected a "Fuck you faggot" or something back in return, but figured worst case scenario I get my money back, and best case it works.

At 6:30 tonight I received the following text - "What's goin on dude. You wanna send me the correct address so I can mail u this title?" out of the blue. I called my dad up and asked him first, then responded with his information. He is a no nonsense gun owner without small children around, and the car should never end up at his house, so it seemed like the better option. I didn't send anything else this time, no thank you, no nothing. So who knows. Maybe she will send it, maybe she will send a bunch of scumbags to my dads house. I have no clue. Thats where we are now though.

Now, I just want to show you guys just how fucking awesome/pussy I've been this whole time. Despite the fact I want to respond to every text with "YOU PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE, I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU.", I don't, instead I am trying to be super civil and not say shit, despite the constant antagonizing she partakes in.
Everything in default text will be me, she is anything coloredYellow. I copy pasted over, so spelling mistakes etc are still there. Re-reading it I can see some places where clearly emotion was getting the best of me, but still, by and large, I don't see how anyone could make me out to be the bad guy based on these. Probably TLDR, but for anyone who wants it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 8th
I sent the title in the mail to the address u gave me

I don't know what to say except sorry again this got so out of control, thank you.

Aug 15th
Sorry to bother, could you confirm yhe address you mailed that to? Or did it not get mailed for a couple of days? Nothings arrived yet is why I ask. Thanks

Aug 16th
Nothing again today, could you confirm the address you used, or let me know if you didn't actually get it mailed yet, or what the situation is, thanks.

Aug 17th
Saturday update, nothing again. Same as the previous texts, could you please give me an idea of date mailed, and address mailed too? Thanks in advance for info.

Aug 18th
Well, obviously nothings coming today as its Sunday, but as I haven't heard back yet, here is me asking for an update again. Thanks.

Quit blowin my fuckin phone up dude. It got mailed out late...i asked my son to drop it in the box the other day & of course it didn't get done

Awesome, thats all I wanted, thanks!

Aug 21st
I know you said ut got mailed out late sunday, but even if it went out monday I would think I would have it by today, which I don't. Could you confirm what address you mailed it too, or let me know if it hasn't been mailed yet? Sorry to keep texting you, I just need the title as soon as possible, thanks.
If it hasn't been mailed yet, theres the option of dropping it attitlemax, they can overnight it at no cost to you, and I'm out of your hair. Let me know. Ty

Aug 22nd
Brandi, can you please let me know whats going on? Today marks 14 days since you said "titles in the mail". 5 days since you said it got mailed out late, and I've still got nothing here. I'm sure you want me to leave you the hell alone, and I would love to stop wondering how I'm getting to work next week, and the week after, and the week after. Seriously, can you please let me know what exactly is going on here? Is it in the mail? Whats the deal? Please
Looks like I'm not getting a response tonight. Well, fingers crossed for tomorrow I suppose.

Aug 23rd
The shock, again, no title today. Could you please get back to me as soon as possible, I would really like to wrapped up. What can we do to expedite this?

Dude I'm gna block your fucking number I told you it got sent back to me....return to sender. I'm still waiting for the correct address

I never got a text saying it was returned. The last text I got from you was Sunday, saying your son had not sent it out. I have no idea why is it would have been returned. Can you just take it to title max, or can I have someone swing by your house and pick it up right now? We can be done today.

Hell no u can't come to my house & no I won't drop it anywhere! Why should I go out of my way for someone who literally turned this whole thing into a nightmare & cost me a bunch of money. You want it delivered, I need the $200 fee u cost me

I don't want it delivered. You opening your door and handing it to a guy works. Or you van walk the couple hundred feet to the Durango Trails gate in front of your house and hand it to him over the fence, hell, I can send a girl if that makes you more comfortable. Lets get this shit sorted.

Sorry break bread like jesus said

If I have a guy show up with $200 asap you going to make the exchange? Titles already signed and notarized right?

Its not notarized nor does it need to be

I'm being told it needs to be notarized by my friend at the dmv. How about this, I have my friend meet you attitlemaxwith $200, they can notirize it there and we are DONE.

I'm NOT going totitlemax& I've had a few titles in my day...none of them notarized.
I would love to rin around town for you at your convinience sir but unfortunatley I have a life & I'm in the middle of something. I will write up a bill of sale

He's telling me it absolutely has to be notirized, and he works at the dmv, maybe thats an az thing, I have no idea. Why on earth can you not meet him at a bank or something to have that done, its 15 minutes and you leave with $200, I can not understand what the issue here is.

The issue is notarize it your damn self dude...bring me the 200 at the gate title is yours...trust me, I DONT want it!! But I'm sick of getting fucked over by people & you cost me money & headaches pal...I'm BUSY

Fine, whatever, I'll let you know when I can get someone over there.
Can't get anyone out there tonight. We'll have to set something else up.

I thought u were in town. Thats what I DONT like about u is your fool of shit.
And annoying....toodles

I said I would have a guy show up, he's not availible, it was short notice. I'm a few hundred miles away at work right now.

TODAY
What's goin on dude. You wanna send me the correct address so I can mail u this title?

The Allens
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Kingman AZ, 86401

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's a screenshot of my Gmail SMS, just to show I'm not leaving out the ones where I'm a huge dick or anything.
rrr_img_41581.jpg

Again, most of that is just me nagging her, because she is hardly ever responding, but I wanted to prove that I'm really not threatening or anything.

I guess we see if anything happens the next few days.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in all fairness, your texts do come across as being a dick, but its understandable because she is being an irresponsible dumbass and you are out of 8Gs due to it. since when do you need to notarize the title and why have you never brought this up before now?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, like being an old man, a black dude wearing a hoodie and eating skittles, or being Australian.

Count your blessings, Onoes.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Apparently I'm wrong about the title needing to be notarized, and the friend who fucking works at the DMV is wrong, although he still swears he is right. After she argued it I called 2 other people and asked them, both of which said no, it just needs to be signed. I had called him first, thinking he would be the one to ask.

I'm kind of surprised at the "being a dick" stuff. I start with Please and end with thank you in most of my texts. Like I said, I clearly get agitated in some of them, but its only when I'm ignored for days on end, or she is antagonizing. I don't know, maybe I was just an objectively nicer person a month and a half ago when I had $8,300 more dollars, lol.

I still think its insane that someone could show up at your house to buy a car, you could take their money and say "Let me just run in and get the title." and then you could run in and call the cops and say "There's someone in my front yard and they won't leave." and apparently get away with it. It's craziness.

Anyways, fingers crossed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was referring to the notary stuff. i completely understand where you were coming from that you are prodding her to get her fucking ass in gear so you could move on with your life. but i also know a little about how bitches think. and the more you prod one the more they resist you. if this was a dude you were dealing with i say prod away, when its a bitch you gotta handle them as if they are too old dynamite. your gentle reminders about the title on a daily basis is very understandable , but a bitch will take it as harrassment and cause her to say, fuck this asshole man.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah, I don't think it needs to be notarized. Just signed and transferred over.

In many US states, title transfer of an automobile usually does not require the services of a notary. The owner signs a form that shifts ownership to a new person. The title transfer is then filed with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) so the previous owner is no longer responsible for the car or any damage the car might incur.

While California does not require notary services, for example, Arizona does require notary services before title transfer. The best way to check is to find the website or the phone number of one's state DMV to inquire about individual laws. Websites for each DMV will usually have specific instructions regarding title transfer.

One may want to have a title transfer notarized regardless of laws, because it proves one's surrender of a vehicle. If a new owner fails to register the car in his or her name, then one might still be held liable for fees or damage associated with the vehicle.

Where states don't require notarization for title transfer, one can avoid the hassle by joining the new owner at the local DMV to make sure that ownership now reflects the new owner. One usually has to bring the signed title transfer form, and the original pink slip of the car to complete this process.

Some auto clubs allow one to skip the long lines at the DMV and complete the title transfer process through them. AAA is particularly good at both filing forms, and providing notary service when required so that the previous owner is exempt from further involvement with the car. Often auto clubs offer this service for free or for a very low price as a part of membership.

Common sense suggests verifying that one is no longer considered the owner of the car. This is particularly true if one is selling the car to a stranger. Notary services do prove that one has transferred title, but really the most effective way is to file or witness the filing of a title transfer, so no mistakes arise in the future.

iannis

Musty Nester
When I've sold cars for scrap or traded them in usually the title exchange was notarized. Cause usually the guy I was selling it to was a notary. It's like 50 bucks and a 1 hour class. I think half of that 50 bucks is just buying the little stamp thing they use.

But when I've bought cars from dealers or individuals it's been just a straightforward sign the title over.

So I dunno. I doubt it legally has to be. I think it depends on how fuckin' official they want it to look or if they want an excuse to bust out their little stamper. Of course the only problem I've ever had with car ownership was when I did sell a car for scrap, and the guy in the towtruck DID notarize the title... and then like 6 months later I get a call from some deputy saying that they found my car and if I didn't come get it they were gonna junk it.

Official. as. fuck.

Towtruck man must have just pulled out spare parts and then dumped the thing into some empty junkyard. heh. At least that's what the deputy expected probably happened, and I don't see a reason to dispute his theory.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Actually talked with her tonight. I can barely fucking type this. I could literally stab her to death. I know this is a stupid thing to write, but holy fuck. My vision keeps making everything all bright, and I'm breathing faster than shit. If she knocked on my door right now I would stab her 500 times, and then jump up and down on her fucking body until it was paste. I've never been this mad in my entire life, just shaking all over mad. Holy fuck. I'm not acting on anything, I'm going to calm down, and I'm going to go to sleep, and I'm going to wake up in a few hours and play some final fantasy and not think about it.

Suffice it to say, I don't have the title. She's intent on the only way I'm getting it back is showing up at the entrance to her gated community with $200. I'm fine with that. At this point fuck it, I'm literally willing to get stabbed over this, I'm so fucking mad. However, friends in Vegas are not willing to help, friends here are busy. So, the only way this happens is if I drive up alone, and meet her at night. I'm serious that part of me is fucking fine with that, I'm so mad. If it was a 10 minute drive I would be headed there now. Everyone telling me not to do it, plus the part of my brain thats not INSANE right now, is stopping me, but FUCKING FUCK.

And she quoted Jesus at me. Fucking religious shit, which just angers me more. Told me I need to break bread like Jesus said. I have no idea what the fuck that means other than some fucking piece of shit sub human.... I have no idea. I want her to fucking die right now.
FUCK.
So did you actually talk to her or just text her because the texts you posted don't really align with what you said above (this says she insists you show up at her community and the texts look like she doesn't want you to come around at all)?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So on the 23rd she told you it was RTS and you did not bother to give her a new/updated address till she had to ask again on the 24th?

My sympathy for you is slipping.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So on the 23rd she told you it was RTS and you did not bother to give her a new/updated address till she had to ask again on the 24th?

My sympathy for you is slipping.
On the 23rd she told me it was RTS (which there is no reason it would be, she is lying and never sent it). She then tells me she wants $200 for it, and refuses to meet at a neutral location (IETitlemax). After I can't arrange to get anyone to her house, we stop talking. 48 hours later she asks for an address out of the blue again. Why is she sending it now without the $200? I gave her the exact same address I gave her last time. Again, she never actually mailed it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So, why did you buy a car without actually receiving the title when you purchased it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.