"I'm a fucking idiot, what do I do now?", he said to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So did you actually talk to her or just text her because the texts you posted don't really align with what you said above (this says she insists you show up at her community and the texts look like she doesn't want you to come around at all)?
No, I only talked to her through texts. She refuses to go anywhere to make the exchange, and she is going on 3 weeks of "It's in the mail", so I said I would show up to pick it up. Mainly I was saying that because I wanted her to be aware I know exactly where she lives, kind of hoping at some point she would go "Why the fuck does he know where my house is in relation to the front gate? Why does he know I live in a gated community? Fuck this, I'm just going to send it."

I keep mainly getting advice on working things out rationally, which I have been trying to do for 6 weeks. I'm of the opinion that she doesn't understand rational, and so was hoping to make her uncomfortable without actually threatening.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Lol, I read the original post. Sorry man. I'm still amazed that you didn't get a BoS or title when you put money down. Just sold a car about 4 months ago and that was the first thing the new owner wanted when he handed over the cash.

edit: Still think you should go gangsta and shoot her. Up the pussy.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
To his defense, I thought you needed to have a title in AZ notarized. My last two vehicles I sold/bought there I had it done.

Still amazes me that you can give someone 9grand and just hope they give you proof of ownership later.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
In Arizona, you do need to have it notarized. I don't know if it is required anywhere else.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Onoes doesn't live in Arizona, he lives in fantasy la-la land where people do the opposite of common sense and everyone is super honest and trustworthy and would never try to scam an upstanding citizen. I'm surprised he didn't want the title to be notarized by elves with a unicorn-horn pen.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Neither of my titles were notarized. I looked at the cars, figured out I wanted them, he went inside to get the title, I gave him the money, he took the plates, I drove away.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm curious and not too bright: With a forged bill of sale could you apply for a replacement title? Or does that open a new can of worms?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
best one was something like 'we bought a couch in an apartment building and got it stuck on the stairs and just left it'
Not me, but a friend. He was selling a graphing calculator and arranged to meet the buyer at a shopping center. The buyer wanted to test it out, but it didn't have batteries. My friend agreed to ride to a grocery store with him to pick up batteries. On the way back to where they originally met, buyer took the calculator to test it out. He plays with it for a minute, agrees it is in good condition, and passes it back to my friend. On the screen, the buyer had typed "you are kidnapped". My friend finishes reading it, buyer locks doors and speeds up. Friend panics. Then the buyer stops, laughs, gives my friend money, let's him out and tells him to be more careful. Almost a Raymond K. Hessle kind of thing I guess.
better than the cockroach couch lmao

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
cant believe this has been going on for a month

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
better than the cockroach couch lmao
That dude should be more careful himself. If he hands that calculator over with that message on it and the "kidnapping victim" pulls out a gun and shoots him it's not such a funny story.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Who the fuck sells a graphing calculator on CL? 2. What if the kid took out a knife and shanked the dude? Legal repercussions? None? He BELIEVES and was TOLD he was in immediate danger, amirite?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Who the fuck sells a graphing calculator on CL?
Its fairly expensive for a calculator. Most people buying them are high school students and undergrads who will use them for a semester or two, or their parents. So people that own one they no longer need want a return on their purchase cost and people who need one want a discount.

Now, I'd personally go Ebay to list a graphing calculator and get more potential buyers. CL is more for stuff that's bigger and more prohibitive to ship, or for the buyers also stuff that you might rather see in person first. Its basically just digital age classified ads. Its more convenient than Ebay in some ways too, as long as you aren't one of these people afraid to do business with "random people off the internet".

Status
Not open for further replies.