Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I want to believe but it reminds me too much of what happened with Kevin Smith and He-Man. Leaks came out, they were on point, he said they weren't true, they were true. I know the scope is different as this is Motherfucking Indiana Fucking Jones but it's eerily similar.

That said I don't think they're actually going to release a film where Raiders Indy dies as a young man and Old Indy is wiped from history along with most of his legacy as Phoebe picks up the mantle whip crack roll credits. I think that was the original idea and I think there's a cut of the film to that effect but they're never, ever going to make it the final version. If you're going to do that you might as well have Rei come out and save everyone with force powers. Hey! What's your name!

"Rei Jones!"

Here's a serious idea -

Raiders Indy dies. It looks like it's going to Back to the Future Erase Old Indy but Phoebe tosses him the Dial of Destiny and while it is in his possession he remains anchored to reality. Raiders Indy is still dead though so Phoebe has to go out and make sure that the things Indy did as a younger man still happens. In future films you can have Harrison Ford do the thing where he sits in a chair and gives some exposition. You have to go to THE TEMPLE OF DOOM and recover the lost children from a nearby village! Ford gets a fat check, it's a day's worth of shooting, etc etc. You don't have to do remakes either. You can say Jones did whatever between any of the movies. Do a good job, make a good movie, Jones is still technically alive, maybe get to make another one, etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he sounds very anxious, yet old and young indy are in the trailer. he has that brit chick in there as his caregiver, (not lover) and there is a time travel plot surrounding s maguffin. so everything is true except the hat swap scene. thats not exactly bullshit. they also said multiple end scenes were shot and this lines up true as well if they arent using the hat swap ending.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1670104121097.png

RE John Williams, lol

• 1Worf

Jovec

?
Just don't watch it. Don't even waste the bandwidth to pirate it. Don't mention it on conversations and close down anyone who does.

Like most of you I've seen the first three dozens of times combined. Like most of you I saw the 4th in theaters and thought it was complete shit. Never watched it again. Never bought the blu-ray, etc. It doesn't exist to me. Screw that.

The answer to the 5th movie was easy. Professor Indy teaching, with a small group of his top students "in the loop" that he sends out to recover artifacts. Something necessitates Indy needing to send them on a mission beyond their current skills, so Indy has to use his contacts and guile to assist them from behind the scenes. Plenty of opportunities for call-backs (Sallah's 250 grandkids to the rescue, grown-up Short Round, etc), a flash-back (de-age Indy for a plot point and classic Indy scene) and twists (Belloch's bastard kid is one of Indy's students who blames Indy for his father's death and/or for stealing his father's perceived glory and is working against the team). One of the students is revealed at the end to be his real kid whom Indy sacrifices himself for, and picks up the fedora. Passes the torch, is believable, and has no time-travel bullshit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah the only way to move forward with this franchise is to introduce a new Indiana Jones. Either like James bond movies did over the years or like above. Either wway Harrison Ford was great and a great actor with lots of charisma, but he is not "Indiana Jones" anymore.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just don't watch it. Don't even waste the bandwidth to pirate it. Don't mention it on conversations and close down anyone who does.

Like most of you I've seen the first three dozens of times combined. Like most of you I saw the 4th in theaters and thought it was complete shit. Never watched it again. Never bought the blu-ray, etc. It doesn't exist to me. Screw that.

The answer to the 5th movie was easy. Professor Indy teaching, with a small group of his top students "in the loop" that he sends out to recover artifacts. Something necessitates Indy needing to send them on a mission beyond their current skills, so Indy has to use his contacts and guile to assist them from behind the scenes. Plenty of opportunities for call-backs (Sallah's 250 grandkids to the rescue, grown-up Short Round, etc), a flash-back (de-age Indy for a plot point and classic Indy scene) and twists (Belloch's bastard kid is one of Indy's students who blames Indy for his father's death and/or for stealing his father's perceived glory and is working against the team). One of the students is revealed at the end to be his real kid whom Indy sacrifices himself for, and picks up the fedora. Passes the torch, is believable, and has no time-travel bullshit.

I think people should at least get accurate spoilers before they decide to never watch it or talk about. The rumors that exist now are not sufficient.

Also, I think part of the appeal of Indiana Jones is the time period. An Indiana Jones with a son that continues in the '70s and '80s is not that appealing to me.

joz123

Potato del Grande
They should go the prequel route and start up movies based on his father instead.

Jovec

?
I think people should at least get accurate spoilers before they decide to never watch it or talk about. The rumors that exist now are not sufficient.

Also, I think part of the appeal of Indiana Jones is the time period. An Indiana Jones with a son that continues in the '70s and '80s is not that appealing to me.
Franchise needs to move on. I, too, liked the period setting of 1 and 3, but they had their chance to make more movies set there years ago. The 60's can work as a setting - plenty of the world was roughly the same as in the 40s, you can add Russians and the space race, and 4th Reich Nazis if there has to be Nazis. This is nothing but a money grab. You can bet they are going to rattle off new movies every 2-3 years and A couple tv spin-offs to milk the franchise now.

Or as has been said, go the Bond route and keep it in the 30s and 40s. They should have done that with Fillion. The first one would have been a bit weird but by the second no one would care if the movies were good enough.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Franchise needs to move on. I, too, liked the period setting of 1 and 3, but they had their chance to make more movies set there years ago. The 60's can work as a setting - plenty of the world was roughly the same as in the 40s, you can add Russians and the space race, and 4th Reich Nazis if there has to be Nazis. This is nothing but a money grab. You can bet they are going to rattle off new movies every 2-3 years and A couple tv spin-offs to milk the franchise now.

Or as has been said, go the Bond route and keep it in the 30s and 40s. They should have done that with Fillion. The first one would have been a bit weird but by the second no one would care if the movies were good enough.
Disney is a content factory now. there is a basic outline of a story and they figure out contrived shit to happen with a bunch of memberberries sprinkled on top to keep the nerds jizzing.the original Indy films were based on old Humphrey Bogart films and odd things Lucas imagined growing up. none of that will be in this film.
oh and his Iconic look is from Secret of The Incas with Charlton Heston.
iu

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The stories were ok but what made the Indiana Jones what it is was Harrison Ford. At least IMO.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The stories were ok but what made the Indiana Jones what it is was Harrison Ford. At least IMO.
thats true, but you cant have one without the other. gotta have him doing something . not stuck in a ditch while his caregiver tries to help him up.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Raiders Indy dies. It looks like it's going to Back to the Future Erase Old Indy but Phoebe tosses him the Dial of Destiny and while it is in his possession he remains anchored to reality. Raiders Indy is still dead though so Phoebe has to go out and make sure that the things Indy did as a younger man still happens. In future films you can have Harrison Ford do the thing where he sits in a chair and gives some exposition. You have to go to THE TEMPLE OF DOOM and recover the lost children from a nearby village! Ford gets a fat check, it's a day's worth of shooting, etc etc. You don't have to do remakes either. You can say Jones did whatever between any of the movies. Do a good job, make a good movie, Jones is still technically alive, maybe get to make another one, etc.
That's the same thing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Replacing Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is Like thinking you can replace Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. It will not work. Just stop making the movies and be happy with what you got. Start writing new ideas.....

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Replacing Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is Like thinking you can replace Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. It will not work. Just stop making the movies and be happy with what you got. Start writing new ideas.....

Yes. You don't go the Bond route after the movies have had the same star for 40+ years.

Just create something similar like National Treasure.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't know, man... i'd much rather they replace harrison ford with a younger actor at this point than see an 80 year old as an action star. this isn't some shot at harrison ford, dude is an iconic actor but this is the guy that broke his ankle getting into the millenium falcon a few years back. old people are brittle.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i don't know, man... i'd much rather they replace harrison ford with a younger actor at this point than see an 80 year old as an action star. this isn't some shot at harrison ford, dude is an iconic actor but this is the guy that broke his ankle getting into the millenium falcon a few years back. old people are brittle.
its not like there isnt another option. leave the Indy franchise the fuck alone. let it retire with some dignity.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I liked the uncharted movie, they can do similar stuff with a new IP rather than fucking up an established one.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
its not like there isnt another option. leave the Indy franchise the fuck alone. let it retire with some dignity.
well, if you make a movie that is basically just indiana jones but not about indiana jones, you run the risk of copywright infringement so you have to make it different enough that it starts messing with the formula and could crash and burn. if everyone behind the scenes is the same, except for harrison ford, you run the risk, i suppose either way. if you make a new ip in the same style, people will wonder why you called it something different and just complain that you're a one trick pony. but if you keep it the same name just minus harrison ford, you run the risk of people complaining about replacing an icon, like we're doing now.

honestly the best solution is to just do something else.

• 1Picard