Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
as i said before its campy like other Lucasfilm movies were at that time. is it bad? fuck no. its a lot of fun. is it the best ever. no. but neither was Last Crusade. Raiders is just a masterfully made film. its very much a classic Spielberg film like Jaws and Close Encounters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Raiders, Temple and Crusade were all great movies, but each in their own way. Now if I had to rank all three of them I would put Temple in third place.

However that is like asking me which hot chick do I want to fuck. The brunette, blonde or red head?

I’ll binge all three thank you very much.

Juvarisx

Florida
Ending of this was batshit. Honestly if you cut out 30 minutes in the middle its got some young Indy + batshit Indy that could be reasonably be made up in the middle. Its a shame what happened but I can see what they were going for before it got convoluted.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Raiders, Temple and Crusade were all great movies, but each in their own way. Now if I had to rank all three of them I would put Temple in third place.

However that is like asking me which hot chick do I want to fuck. The brunette, blonde or red head?

This is really the only right answer

Cybsled

1693463791950.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Rope bridge.
Minecart chase.
Crushing spikes trap.
Kali-ma.
Monkey brains.

It's just full of iconic stuff.

Do you guys even like Indiana Jones?
I said the effects were really good. There's just no story at all, basically no characterization either.

It was a phase 4 Marvel movie 30 years prior. It would not be reviewed well today if you released a completely substance-less sequel like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I said the effects were really good. There's just no story at all, basically no characterization either.

It was a phase 4 Marvel movie 30 years prior. It would not be reviewed well today if you released a completely substance-less sequel like that.
phase 4 marvel sucks because they are shoehorning in cheap knockoffs to replace the high priced talent that made the MCU great. you have to understand what the Indy series is based on. George Lucas grew up with cliffhanger serials that were full of adventures and unrealistic stunts. when he grew up he wanted to bring those to modern film audiences. one was Flash Gordon, he couldnt get the rights to it, so he made his own Flash Gordon, he called it Star Wars. the other was based off serials and Humphrey Bogart films about treasure, kicking ass and slaying bitches. he called that Indiana Jones. its never been deep drama, its always been fun adventures. Indy 2 went dark because Lucas was going through a divorce according to him. its different, but not bad. the story is thin because its not supposed to be anything more than it was. the 2 imaginary sequels after Last Crusade were stupid because everyone involved was over the hill.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I said a few days, I re-watched the first three this week. I enjoyed them as much as when they came, they aged pretty well to be honest. Like what made them fun back then, is still fun today. Effects are bit aged but part of nostalgia. :)

I'm not sure how I would order them, other than to say 2 would be last...although I still love it. The other 2 are just better, not sure which I liked the most though. If I had to chose I'd say the first one is probably the better movie, 3 is more fun though because of the awesome chemistry between Ford and Connery.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Half Baked Boo GIF

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Indy 2 doesn't have a story?

What's the story in the other two? Run away from and chase after Nazis?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Indy 2 doesn't have a story?

What's the story in the other two? Run away from and chase after Nazis?
It's got a story. The stakes are a bunch of people who no one cares about might... continue to live near a cult that is doing stuff no one cares about outside of the jungle?

Also the British army comes at the end right so it was all kind of pointless because it turns out the Lee Enfield is more potent than the spear?

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's got a story. The stakes are a bunch of people who no one cares about might... continue to live near a cult that is doing stuff no one cares about outside of the jungle?

Also the British army comes at the end right so it was all kind of pointless because it turns out the Lee Enfield is more potent than the spear?
You can't bring up pointlessness when the villians of the 1st and 3rd movies win and get themselves killed by god.

Indy literally didn't need to be in any of the movies to stop the villians. That includes Crystal Skull too.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You can't bring up pointlessness when the villians of the 1st and 3rd movies win and get themselves killed by god.

Indy literally didn't need to be in any of the movies to stop the villians. That includes Crystal Skull too.
That's true to an extent, but ultimately Indy is involved in the location of the mcguffin, which is the interesting part of them movie. Indy doesn't do any expedition to find a piece of history in the second one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was excited to watch this on my new OLED, well more for the TV than the film. I fell asleep at some point whilst sitting up. I know that if I succumb to creeping tiredness and think "I'll just lay down and keep watching" I'll insta fall asleep, but falling asleep sitting up is a rare occurrence. Make of this what you will

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
phase 4 marvel sucks because they are shoehorning in cheap knockoffs to replace the high priced talent that made the MCU great. you have to understand what the Indy series is based on. George Lucas grew up with cliffhanger serials that were full of adventures and unrealistic stunts. when he grew up he wanted to bring those to modern film audiences. one was Flash Gordon, he couldnt get the rights to it, so he made his own Flash Gordon, he called it Star Wars. the other was based off serials and Humphrey Bogart films about treasure, kicking ass and slaying bitches. he called that Indiana Jones. its never been deep drama, its always been fun adventures. Indy 2 went dark because Lucas was going through a divorce according to him. its different, but not bad. the story is thin because its not supposed to be anything more than it was. the 2 imaginary sequels after Last Crusade were stupid because everyone involved was over the hill.

"It's not good because it's not supposed to be!" is a pretty bad argument. So is pretending a movie is better than it was because the creator was having family issues.

I think Crusade is the best. If someone says Raiders, then I disagree but don't think they're crazy. If they think Temple of Doom, then they're objectively wrong and probably think women dig their fedora collection

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Indy doesn't do any expedition to find a piece of history in the second one.
I dunno, glowing Hindu rocks are probably just as historical as The Holy Grail.

I think that Indian jungle is much more interesting and much more unusual than Middle Eastern desert (twice).

Way more movies explore Christian mysticism and Middle Eastern deserts than Indian stuff.

• 1Like