Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Raiders is a better movie than Star Wars.
snoop-dogg-i-said-it.gif
OG Star Wars? yes, Empire Strikes Back? monica you crazy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Of the six movies Temple might be last.

I need some time to think about this one.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  1. Empire
  2. Raiders
  3. Star Wars (New Hope)
  4. Crusade
  5. Jedi
  6. Temple
Crusade and Jedi would be a toss up depending on my mood.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
1 Empire
2 A New Hope
3 Return of the Jedi
4 Temple of Doom
5 Last Crusade
6 Raiders

You guys are nuts, original Star Wars is better. Just look at how many spinoff (books games etc) each has.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
1 Empire
2 A New Hope
3 Return of the Jedi
4 Temple of Doom
5 Last Crusade
6 Raiders

You guys are nuts, original Star Wars is better. Just look at how many spinoff (books games etc) each has.
I don't know that it's a fair comparison. With Indy you're basically dealing with just one "main" character in a VERY niche set of circumstances. With Star Wars you're dealing with entire world (galaxy) building potential with a ton of characters, all of whom can have very different stories/abilities/etc.

As for the movies, I'd put Last Crusade over Raiders once you take away the "cool" factor of having never seen treasure hunting done that well before. I don't even bother trying to compare it to Empire (or the whole Star Wars storyline) just because they each hit a different mood, and that's what determines which one I want to watch.

• 2Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Temple of Doom is probably the weakest of the original three Jones films. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad movie and it’s definitely better than Skull or Dial. It’s similar to what I think of Rocky 5

For me
Crusade>Raiders>Temple>>>>Dial>>>>>>>>>Skull

While we’re on the subject, I still say Crusade is the greatest (unintentional) Christian film ever made.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Crusades
Raiders
New Hope
Ferngully
Temple
Empire
TLJ
Phantom Menace
ROTJ

Anything else is wrong

• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Finished this last night. Way better than I thought it would be, story was ok. Liked seeing the battle at the end. One of the rare movies that my wife passed out in the middle of and asked me to save for another night. She usually just passes out and I finish (if worth watching) or delete. I'd say the movie by itself was 6/10. I may even rewatch it one day in the future.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I watched this today. I honestly can't help but feel that a lot of the people hating this film either haven't watched an Indiana Jones film (besides the 4th) in years and forget what they were like, were irrevocably determined to hate it because of the outrage machine, or just never watched it and formed an opinion anyway.

It feels every bit like an Indiana Jones film, in a way that the 4th never captured (and trampled all over in its second half). Helena was a fine character and was hardly upstaging Indy. Oh, she's a woman? So what. She was a thief and a manipulator and someone like that calls him a grave robber in the midst of a scene where they're insulting each other? Oh, what an unforgiveable thing! The black woman was a bad guy. Helena served as a youthful motivator of action in a way that most would have found unbelievable if Indy had done it all. I appreciate that the film didn't really shy away from Indy's age, either (though of course he wasn't as hobbled as he probably would be in reality).

It had the sense of adventure, mystery, and exploration like the first three Indy films. It also had a mix of humor in the right places and seriousness when it mattered. I thought it was perfect how Indy commented in anger on his boat captain friend being murdered after Helena was whooping with excitement at their escape -- that's just a small touch of grounding but it helps. I know some people felt the third act was quite a stretch but I thought it was pretty great and not just a pure CGI mess like the aliens in the fourth film. All the Indy films have had some fantastical element. The music, the cinematography, the characters and dialogue, it all felt like a natural extension of the first three films.

Now, maybe part of it helps that I came in with low expectations, but I think in ten years it will be seen a lot more positively.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie is trash, I will give props to the de aging people. All of the other VFX was just bad. Fords old age isn't what ruined this

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya they should have just used de-aged Indy for the whole movie, it was the best part even though it was like 20 minutes.

• 1Like