Indie Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
do like metroidvania's. will look into it.

on that topic.
Saw a stream on this, looked real good. reminiscent of Bloodstained and IGAs

oh, grime was the blackhole head one. didnt play, just again saw a stream. didnt look great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
do like metroidvania's. will look into it.

on that topic.
Saw a stream on this, looked real good. reminiscent of Bloodstained and IGAs

oh, grime was the blackhole head one. didnt play, just again saw a stream. didnt look great.
Demo is stellar, can't wait for it to come out.
If the demo is any indication of release it one to play for sure.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just finished Vigil: The Longest Night a few minutes ago. Its inspired by Salt and Sanctuary as another Metroidvania/Souls-clone.

Decent game, music and art are pretty good. I missed a couple quests, but even then I don't think it was particularly long. 12-15 hours maybe?

Caliane

tried to decide on if I should make a thread for it specifically, or then a metroidvania general thread... decided not to, just go with this one.

Yeah, I did Vigil:the longest night a few weeks ago. very good. one of the best Metroidvanias in a while imho. soulslike in "tone" and story, but very much like Bloodstained for gameplay.
I would recommend. 30 hours.

momodora:reverie under the moonlight. Short, cheap. solid metroidvania. good game, but short. 5 hours.

(have not played the sequel Minoria yet)

Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. just played this one. fantastic pixelart/animation. Makes me want to dig up Record of Lodoss war and rewatch it...
very SoTN in gameplay, etc... however, its also very Short. took my sweet ass time... 7 hours.

like its a bit weird. tons of weapons. but... the game is so short you skip most of them.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
tried to decide on if I should make a thread for it specifically, or then a metroidvania general thread... decided not to, just go with this one.

Yeah, I did Vigil:the longest night a few weeks ago. very good. one of the best Metroidvanias in a while imho. soulslike in "tone" and story, but very much like Bloodstained for gameplay.
I would recommend. 30 hours.

momodora:reverie under the moonlight. Short, cheap. solid metroidvania. good game, but short. 5 hours.

(have not played the sequel Minoria yet)

Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. just played this one. fantastic pixelart/animation. Makes me want to dig up Record of Lodoss war and rewatch it...
very SoTN in gameplay, etc... however, its also very Short. took my sweet ass time... 7 hours.

like its a bit weird. tons of weapons. but... the game is so short you skip most of them.

I need to finish Vigil. Got pretty far but then got distracted by Death's Gambit: Afterlife, and am now distracted by Immortals.

Caliane

A couple indie game bumps.

budget banger #1.
Seraphs last stand.

space invaders x vampire survivor x missile command.

free demo on itch.io.

$1 on steam, full game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

indie game #2.

Backpack hero.

slay the spire/roguelite, inventory management game.

Free demo on itch.io.

This one is NOT on steam yet. instead, kickstarter.

$12 for steam key, EST release april. 2023.

has not hit its base goal yeah. this was quite fun. do consider it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So apparently Regions of Ruin 2 is in development:
The first game was pretty addictive.

Caliane

heres a $3 Vampire survivor clone. with animations!
dev wanted to take the idea and add their own ideas, so did.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I always try to watch the IGF awards to spy out interesting / wacky looking games. Here's the ones that looked worth investigation this year:

Code:
Interesting looking games
    Pile up
    Chants of Sennaar
    Cryptmaster
    Isles of sea and sky
    The cosmic wheel sisterhood
    Mediterranea inferno
    1000x resist
    The forest cathedral