Industrial? (Ministry, CombiChrist?)

fris

Vyemm Raider
NIN and Tool fall into this a bit i guess, and maybe Ramstein?

Anyways, i'm sure there's new stuff that sounds like this. recommend me something I probably haven't heard. or classic that might be less known?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird, because I've been on an 80's and early 90's music kick the last month or so. I had Ministry on my workout playlist and it got me thinking. My mom (really through her boyfriend) listened to a lot of industrial, and I ended up looking for this earlier this week.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Damn kids

And a NiN/Waxtrax side project produced one of Trent's best tracks and it was a cover

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Always liked these guys. They’re like a better version of Rammstein imo.

This whole album is pretty good.

• 1Solidarity

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Industrial, fuck yeah! So much I could drop right now. It helps we get a lot of shows in DC / Baltimore. Here's what I got in my current rotation:

Encephalon - Psychogenesis (Transhuman Condition is great too)

Cubanate - Brutalism (Remaster of early 90's stuff)

Not sure if you count Fear Factory, but their latest is pretty great as well, up there with Obselete.

Edit:
whole album is pretty good.
Love Flesh Field. All their stuff is great.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
More good stuff from a newer artist if you are looking:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got some random industrial album from BMG music when I was a teenager, this was the best track on it. Still break it out once in a while.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
What, no Front Line Assembly?

Of course not. They're classic.

Finally got to see them live with Cubanate opening, and also a few other bands that have been around since the late 80's / 90's. I'm pretty sure we should just cryogenically freeze some of these bands and thaw them out every couple decades so we never lose that late 90's industrial sound.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Grendel's been around for a while and both their new albums are good too:

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Can't talk about industrial without mentioning Einsturzende Neubauten.

And I know Bauhaus were the godfather's of goth but they were also a huge inspiration for most of the early industrial bands.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Weird, because I've been on an 80's and early 90's music kick the last month or so. I had Ministry on my workout playlist and it got me thinking. My mom (really through her boyfriend) listened to a lot of industrial, and I ended up looking for this earlier this week.

My first exposure to Nitzer Ebb was when they opened for Depeche Mode during the World Violator tour.

Depeche Mode was always more of an electronic band and may not have the industrial harshness, but Music for the Masses was a classic album and you might check it out.

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Forgot about these guys:

First comment is pretty spot on LOL:

I liked this song better when it was called "Head Like a Hole."

• 2Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Saw this band open up for The Body a couple years back, was pretty good live.

Also, can't forgot early Swans.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Damn kids

And a NiN/Waxtrax side project produced one of Trent's best tracks and it was a cover

He did good covers of a couple if songs but that is one of the finest, Trent Reznor couldn’t even take credit for it, maybe still can’t, as it was a violation of his contract with whoever at the time.

As for 1000 Homo DJ’s, this is a favourite of mine. (I am checking out stuff from this thread too, my tastes are fairly ‘mainstream’ so I have nothing new to offer)

• 2Solidarity