inFAMOUS: Second Son

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm debating with myself whether the fact that Delsin's an Indian somehow makes running down black dudes through the streets of Seatle somehow less racist. It's certainly less conventional in its racism...
Racist people make me sick.

Forehead dot Indian or feather headress/buffalo indian?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
All you have to ask is "Dot or feather?" People get the joke usually. In real life you can add some hand motions too, like pointing at your forehead when you say dot and waving your fingers over your head when you say feather. It is the little things that really add to it!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The last boss is giving me a hell of a fucking time on expert. Any tips on this dickhead? Given it like 20 attempts so far! Got her down to like 25% then she did those fireball volleys like 6 times in a row and I got caught.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, on expert I did a couple of things, mostly just saved enough shards to buy my defensive upgrades for Concrete and anything else that would help (like Dash I think).

If you're facing her when the fight starts to your back right there is a little bench and potted tree area. You can basically stand there and she'll keep trying to squish you but can't because of the pillar / wall. You'll still take damage, but it shouldn't be enough to kill you. Then when she jumps back to fire the missiles just hide behind the wall. At like 10% or so she'll kind of go berserk, so you may still have to do a little maneuvering. Also your strong attack does a lot of damage against her if you can point them all at her belly and all them hit at once.

You can sort of do the same thing in the hallway with the elevators in the back of the room, but I found she likes to fire missiles in to there and doesn't reset to the front for that phase.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks. I'm retarded. I just beat her. I didn't know you could upgrade Concrete in the skill tree. I didn't even bother looking until I read that.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I see some Sony fanbois on the internet saying this game is the best looking game out there now. Better looking than any PC game. True or false?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It's, by far, the best looking PS4 games and probably better than any PC game I've played at any decent framerate. My video card is pretty old though(Radeon 6970). The overall art, lighting and details are among the best out there, in my opinion. That said, high-end PC's with current tech games will always be ahead of the curve, especially if you have a higher res monitor(ie: above 1080p) and the hardware to push it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'd say that Tomb Raider at 1440p with all the bells and whistles is a better looking game. But it isn't a completely fair comparison because Tomb Raider has incredibly varied environments and situations to really push the engine. inFamous takes place in a City mostly on top of buildings, a couple of tall buildings sure, but is just not set up to deliver the same experience that something like TR was, graphically I mean.

But yeah, inFamous is very very good for what it is and looks spectacular don't get me wrong. But the fanbois claiming it is the best looking game on the market / any platform are smoking the PS4 pipe
wink.png

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Its a beautiful game with a huge draw distance and frame rates don't slow down in large fights.

Better than ANY PC? No.

Great? Yes and will get better as time goes on.

Side note, enjoying the game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did paper trail get updated? I've been neck deep in Dynasty Warriors and haven't even checked.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Did paper trail get updated? I've been neck deep in Dynasty Warriors and haven't even checked.
I guess they're doing an update every Friday. Parts one and two are out right now; no clue how many parts there are supposed to be in total.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Haha, yeah. I saw that. I /facepalmed because I kept jumping off and reinitiating the fight like 5 times.