Infinite Crisis - Warner Bros/DC try to cash in on LoL/DOTA popularity

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That's seriously a thing? You need to use spells? I haven't played it in a long time, but I don't remember that. Of course, I wasn't very good at it.

SOOOOO much cheaper to make with a proven business model.
You think people would learn from WoW and subsequent MMOs though. LOL fell in to a unique position in that it offered DOTAlite game play to the masses and was the only option outside for those who didn't care for X mechanic or this needlessly complex paradigm that DOTA had. HoN was the only reasistic option aside from DOTA itself and it was basically a re skinned DOTA at launch. These games aren't going to be anymore successful then the other WoW derivative MMOs were because LOL is already doing what they want to do but it is polished and better.

Caliane

LoL broke open a new form of business model. And really pushed the Esport thing like no other.
the game itself also improved many mechanics. but really it was the ftp model and esports that made it the success it is. The constant retooling of champs is often cited by devs as being phenomenal balance design, although I would also suggest, that is not a key to its success.

I do find it amusing how we went years with no one capitalizing on the success of Dota, then suddenly boom. everywhere.

Bummer on the gold in practice. on paper that sounds like a more dynamic system.
it would also allow for preventing, accidental kill steals by supports, etc. game itself sounds bad, so its not unexpected that a good idea, might be fucked in practice.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't realise you needed to use your spells to last hit in lol. Supplement to last hitting sure or late game wave clear, but AA is still the way to go for the vast majority of characters during early game.

Saturation of shitty MoBAs is getting annoying though.
This game is a shitty LoL clone and LoL is a shitty clone of DOTA. So that truly tells you how bad this game is.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's literally nothing that LoL does better than DOTA. You live in an imaginary world if you think that's true.

Edit: The Tribunal is better than DOTA's report system. I'll concede there.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Said I would report back so here is my analysis ... DO NOT BUY!

My first 10 minutes in the game I hated it so much that I said I would never play it again. Then I felt bad and figured I needed to give it a shot, put some time in on GL as he is my favorite DC Hero. This game almost made me start to hate my favorite super hero. To me the game is very imbalanced and boring, I don't know if this how all MOBAs because I don't play them. Can't imagine that is true though because of their popularity, then again shitty Facebook games are popular too. Not gonna judge all MOBAs from this one, but I will say this one sucks.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saying all MOBAs suck because this game sucked is like going to a prison cafeteria and eating the "mystery" meat and saying Filet Mingnon is disgusting.

Dashivax

N00b
I do find it amusing how we went years with no one capitalizing on the success of Dota, then suddenly boom. everywhere.
It really isn't that surprising. The people that made dota what it was also went on to make the first round of dota standalone games. Once those became successful it was only a matter of time before other designers jumped on board.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well, this is what I'm dealing with.

rrr_img_32977.jpg

rrr_img_32978.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Beta Keys ...

ERWHTF9ZEA779AQ3YKZ9ADR4Q

JFJM2CEXCKMY3WDPDQR9C7RA7

RXWZW3EXRLH7R4ZWZXPC73PMT

C4J3AN2Z79N7WHAAHY4P29AJ9

ERWHTF9ZEA779AQ3YKZ9ADR4Q

The first 4 were sent to me in October not sure if they work still, the last one was sent to me just a few days ago.

EDIT: Going to give this another shot since I understand MOBAs a little bit more now.