Infinite Crisis - Warner Bros/DC try to cash in on LoL/DOTA popularity

Caliane

it drops gold on the ground that needs to be picked up?
so can be denied? that sounds interesting. and more dynamic then last hits.
Can anyone pick it up? enemies, allies, or just you?

Although would make stealing harder. and give favor to melee. which is possibly good given the ranged AD advantage in other mobas..

If anyone can pick it up, that sounds pretty amazing for dynamics. entire skill sets around pulling gold to you, or in general dealing with gold on the ground, could be made...

so, finally got around to giving this a shot.

watching another TB vid talking about playing smite, got me to get around to trying a few of the moba's in the "to do" list.
Was not super impressed with Smite honestly. im just not really seeing what the first person point of view brings.

This however, had really good first impressions for me.
This definitely has the best gold mechanic.

I don't know wth Sutekh was talking about way back then.

If you last hit a minion you get gold immediately.
if you do not last hit a minion, the gold drops on the ground. The value of that gold starts at 50% of last hit value. And I think it reduces more over time. (not certain on that yet.)
Gold is shared with allies in the area. (not certain if equal share yet, or how its spread.)
Gold on the ground can be grabbed by either team. if you tag the other teams, its destroyed.

Basic attacks and spells work for gold collection.

itemization seems more linear. you buy an item and upgrade it along one path. Base items do not branch. there are lots of effects, and there are also a good amount of active skills. that statement was also way off.
UI seems rough at first glance. targeting and hp is not clear as it should be.

"summoner skills" having variants based on the characters is neat.

Anyone still playing this?

Adding some more thoughts.

Towers also have an added functionality. you can shop at them. however, they do not heal, replenish potions, or wards.
Adds a small dynamic in. Allows you to stay in lane longer when rich. but still requires going back for some things, as well as, controlling towers is a greater importance.

there are environment interactions as well. limited. but there. cars blocking paths, which can be picked up and throw with the right summoner skills. or consumed, etc.
Strategically placed. not like dota's trees everywhere. good idea. not sure its incorporated perfectly in my limited time.

Game doesn't seem to have "boots". there is a "blink dagger".

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is gonna be dead in the water unfortunately. I rather liked it, but it's never gonna draw enough players from the league/dota/hots crowd. It's rather a shame, because the game is fun, the visuals are good, some of the alternate universe heroes are awesome (atomoic wonder woman etc), and the audio is fucking out of this world. Just don't think DC has the IP pull to give this legs.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Game is gonna be dead in the water unfortunately. I rather liked it, but it's never gonna draw enough players from the league/dota/hots crowd. It's rather a shame, because the game is fun, the visuals are good, some of the alternate universe heroes are awesome (atomoic wonder woman etc), and the audio is fucking out of this world. Just don't think DC has the IP pull to give this legs.
Prophet!

Release date: March 26, 2015

Damn, this thing didn't even last 3 months before they pulled the plug. The MOBA cash-in train is derailing.
TrainWreck1.gif

A lot of people pissed off in the forum, but rightfully so I suppose. Imagine you had bought a founders pack for this.
mad.png
frown.png

Infinite Crisis Forums : General Discussion

Turbine, Warner Bros, and DC Comics. Would be interesting to know how much money was involved ...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Someone on the Heroes of the Storm reddit said he was a pro in IC and the pro scene was so small he could just play casually be still be at the top of the heap. The finals between NA and EU had a 25k prize pool and combined for 300 viewers.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Someone (I think Bjergsen from League) was commenting on how the not so good players on other league servers such as EUW who couldn't turn pro went to games like Infinite Crisis and became top talent. Just found it interesting how others pros view these offshoot moba pros. I know I don't hear them trashing DoTA pros like that. How long did Dawngate last before they closed it down? Longer than them right?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They don't trash DOTA pros because LoL is the offshoot of DOTA so they themselves (or at least their predecessors) are the ones who couldn't make it at DOTA so went to League

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't see this posted anywhere else. It's shutting down Aug. 14, 2015. Sucks for Turbine because I don't really want to see them die, but this may do it.

Infinite Crisis Closing: August 14th, 2015 | Infinite Crisis

Infinite Crisis Closing Down - IGN
On the one hand, fuck Turbine. On the other hand, I doubt they had anything serious invested into this, and I can't imagine them taking a serious hit over it being shut down so quickly.

They'll just keep DDO and LotRO going on a shoestring budget forever.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Now pivot into a Marvel Ultimate Alliance-style game please.