Inquisitor Martyr

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
looks really poor on twitch

player was having to back off all the time to let his health regen, combat seems to have little depth

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
From what I read, it's supposed to be challenging/have some strategy to it vs a more straight up hack and slash.

It's true early access so still bugs and such. I'm excited to try it but going to wait for release or close to it.

Been burned/saddened by most of the other dumpster fire 40k games of late.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Bought it for shits and giggles since POE support can fuck off (travel for work and log in on 3 different computers across the country and retards locked me 2nd account and won't respond to emails). MU Legends got delayed until November for Open Beta and I have a ARPG itch atm.

Ran first map, definitely abit more tactical out the gate then mass slaughter. Abit interesting you don't get exp for killing directly (didn't fail the mission so not sure if you get some credit at end? Or if killing mobs increases exp gain once you finish? Also had 3 deaths to do it so no zerging which isn't a bad change of pace i guess. I've never played any of the 40k games really as i am more dark medieval fantasy etc vs tech shit so abit in the dark and you just jump into a mission with no guidance/story what so ever but early access i guess. Went with a sniper to start, can't seem to get my fucking mines to work for shit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bought it for shits and giggles since POE support can fuck off (travel for work and log in on 3 different computers across the country and retards locked me 2nd account and won't respond to emails). MU Legends got delayed until November for Open Beta and I have a ARPG itch atm.

Ran first map, definitely abit more tactical out the gate then mass slaughter. Abit interesting you don't get exp for killing directly (didn't fail the mission so not sure if you get some credit at end? Or if killing mobs increases exp gain once you finish? Also had 3 deaths to do it so no zerging which isn't a bad change of pace i guess. I've never played any of the 40k games really as i am more dark medieval fantasy etc vs tech shit so abit in the dark and you just jump into a mission with no guidance/story what so ever but early access i guess. Went with a sniper to start, can't seem to get my fucking mines to work for shit.

Thanks for testing.

I watched some streams yesterday and today and it just seems alpha status right now. I think I'll wait a bit and see how it develops.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Got to spend abit more time with it; in some areas fairly polished for an alpha. Items are much less sparse at least in the early missions so no inventory tetris mini-game or 90% shit laying on the ground like POE etc. Crafting has a few twists that i started to unravel but basically looks like you get schematics that you can buy or drop, can decompos items with higher rarites dropping additional rare craft items (not 100%, % chances), some fusion mechanic that i haven't had time to figure out etc. There looks to be alot of ingame tutorial/manual info that i haven't read yet but looks pretty fleshed out.

I'm diggint the combat, its abit slower paced and definitenly not as face rolling as other ARPG's at the early stages (at least as a sniper, 3rd or 4th mission in I got butt fucked hard and ended up losing it (only can have 3 deaths), still get some rewards. Also there is "account" level that determines passive skill sets so you can jump into another character without having to start from scratch. I think individual characters have a base level that impacts certain things as well that you have to level. Also their is meaninfly heroic achievements that result in unlocking various skills, extra skill points, attributes etc. Not sure if those are global or character based.

Weapons and armor change your ability load outs to some extent by the looks of it (had 1 armor that created to holo-grams that did dps and took shots and another that put me in stealth but burnt addrenaline).

Looks like 3 base classes (2 playable) at the moment with each base having 3 individual sub classes that you pick one at the start of the game from. I am not a long time A-RPG'r so can't really comment on initial reaction to inovative ideas vs just a re-skin. Looks like there is some pvp and some unique events etc, haven't researched yet on their plans around keeping long term player engagement. I do like the ability to hold mouse button on the fly and rotate camera angels pretty flawlessly on the fly and they have a cover mechanic that looks fairly critical (at least on my sniper) . You can also do non story missions that cost a base currency (not the $ currency but a seperate one you earn). You can then shape and add "cards" to add elements to it so that is in the game right out of the gate. Spent my currency on researching a technolgoy to make rare crafting items so haven't got to try it out yet.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
If you end up trying it go to the "cabal" button on the bottom of the screen (row of icons) and look up FOH. I purchased one, looks like there is some perks for belonging to one and leveling it up.

Switched over to a 2 handed juggernaut and definitely alot smoother then the sniper so far.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i like anything 40k and will buy since this looks not as bad as fucking DoW3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this FPS styled or point and click? The videos don't seem very clear...

Laura loved the hell out of Hellgate: London and has had a real itch for another FPS ARPG.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
watched some gameplay and i gotta say...
not really appealing..

Liked the graphics especially that guard walker felt good. Just animations are trash. Player hardly tried using any skills, but yeah just walk swing was pretty rough. Little too plodding. In 40k big ass space marines etc are fairly fast, certainly not as slow as youd expect a RL armor suit.

• 1Solidarity

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Its point and click (can use arrows as alternative); movement fairly responsive. Harder areas (fairly early) you definitely have to kite some etc. I'm interested in seeing what the 3 perks you can pick do as far as build paths etc, no idea. You abilities are based off gear, 4 for your weapon (2 each if you are dual wielding/shield), 1 from your armor, and 1 from a utility item (various things such as mines, increased defense, etc). Also apparently a global ability that you can get in some missions but haven't seen anything yet.

The general class does dictate some of what you can wear/use which i guess still makes you have multiple characters to take advantage of the account wide passive skill points and herioc deeds but the 3 sub classes it almost seems just really influence the start of your game since you can use all the same gear. Tech research takes forever to improve your crafting capability; crafting also takes 30 minutes an item which kind of sucks but you can reduce it via research tech.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It officially launched yesterday. Has a single player story mode (only), but has co-op missions and pvp. I am enjoying it, anyone else playing and have a cabal?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah they're mixed but the majority of them are positive. It's does a lot of things well and a lot of things it doesn't. It's not a game everyone will like.

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing this now. Have about twelve hours in it as a Psyker.

Multiplayer was not working well last night. Locked up my game once, didn't load for five minutes, etc.
Pathing is annoying as hell. Getting stuck on objects.
Cover system so far is useless. I just completely ignore it.
Not accessing inventory during missions is dumb.

Otherwise it's a Diablo clone with Warhammer 40k lore -- I'm having fun.

Also, I searched Cabals for FOH and it was not showing up.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
well shit, is this already dead? Having a decent enough time with it although the skill tree system is about as convoluted as TSW's was on launch

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Even though I'm a huge Warhammer mark, I was gonna pass on it until a buddy of mine who pretty much only plays arpgs gifted it to me. Only level 9 as of now but am enjoying going through the story campaign stuff, even though the game has some rough edges. Warhammer aesthetic is nice, lots of different weapons and variety of builds it seems. Tough market they went into, with traditional arpgs moving pretty close to niche territory, with Diablo/PoE locking most of the players down.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I want to try this if its even decent let alone great.

• 1Solidarity